Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356700 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5865 on: June 11, 2014, 07:11:38 pm »

Also, is my will going to be rolled every time I make an action now?
I was reading up on kickboxing doctors (mission 4 i think it was?) and it looks like there was a guy in that mission who was choosing to try to mind control people. It could be there's someone in the building who just targeted you to mind control each turn?

In which case they'd move onto whoever else would be the biggest danger to their teammates next turn…

Which is probably Konrad, who has a -1 to will and is now standing right next to the gun on the APC ><

… and with that in mind i think i'm gonna modify my action slightly
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:17:23 pm by yobbo »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:24 pm »

It was obviously reverse psychology. By telling us he didn't want to be team killed, he meant he did want us to kill him. I'm sad I didn't get to see what the Shackle would do. Maybe I can test it out on the now brainless robobody of Stacy.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5867 on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:33 pm »

@Toaster: No hurry.

I was reading up on kickboxing doctors (mission 4 i think it was?) and it looks like there was a guy in that mission who was choosing to try to mind control people. It could be there's someone in the building who just targeted you to mind control each turn?

In which case they'd move onto whoever else would be the biggest danger to their teammates next turn…

Which is probably Konrad, who has a -1 to will and is now standing right next to the gun on the APC ><

… and with that in mind i think i'm gonna modify my action slightly
Or it could be something else. Maybe the building itself is trying to keep you out, because it is somehow sentient. There are many things that we have encountered before that could probably do that. The Halloween event Statue. Some kind of tear in reality like the Samsonite Abyss. The UWM ship the proto-altered commune merged with creating an anomaly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: June 11, 2014, 07:47:32 pm »

Probably only as long as whatever it is is screwing with your head. So probably until you get away from the building (or someone else is a juicier target for mind control).

If he wasn't, see if there's any way the medkit can fix "guts outside the body" type problems. ((put my medic hat on? meditate on medicine? charge a med bonus? how does this work?))
Well, that should charge a dynamic bonus. I don't want to say that this will work, because that's a fricking hard problem to solve for trained doctors working in well-stocked emergency rooms, let alone random civilians with a fancy futuristic first aid kit while under fire. And there's always the possibility of a 1, in which case we may have a new contender for Worst Medic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: June 11, 2014, 07:48:57 pm »

People want to be teamkilled?
Well, his action to use a cutting laser to open unidentified boxes, possibly of alien origin, was based on the fact that he would rather die by aliens than by teammates. We took offense at him using a cutting laser and possibly endangering us.

I really need to read up on the halloween event. It sounds... interesting.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: June 11, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »

There's a description of how to make Spoilers here:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Guidelines_for_Editing
However, spoilers don't work that well in the visual editor and have some positioning problems (if you use nested spoilers or if you put spoilers one on top of the other without the contents of each spoiler reaching the end of the line then there's a chance the spoilers will appear next to each other. I could probably solve this with a spoiler template that automatically added a transparent line of text in each spoiler but it would take some time and I don't have much right now.)
Check my page for an example on the usage of Spoilers. Maybe check the code too if you want.
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Flint_Westwood#Inventory
((HOLY CARP!  NESTED SPOILERS?! O.O))

Thanks for that, I made a page that's linked from the armory.  And I already know to avoid using the visual editor; it's usually caused more headache for me than just using source.

I have to ask though; why don't spoilers show up when you click preview?

Does the ARSC have any weapons?
No, but a long time ago Pyro (I think, it could have been Nikitian) resdesigned it into an kind of IFV with a pair of LESHOs on top, as the main gun.  It lost most of it's original purpose though, and was kind of abandoned.

Now I want to make an upscaled Testament, that's still smaller than a PSL, to occupy the HMG role.  And I got the idea to make reusable 'holy hand grenades' using the sand critters for fragmentation.  My ideas for projects are growing faster than I can complete projects.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: June 11, 2014, 08:38:22 pm »

It was abandoned because he went on a mission I think. That and it would be stupidly expensive and situational. Plus he forgot to add autoloaders for the LESHO's and found this out after driving into a swarm of Altered on Hexbarax.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: June 11, 2014, 09:00:27 pm »

We really do need a SAW/LMG of some sort to draw enemy aggro and/or just suppress enemies for teammates to move up.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: June 11, 2014, 09:15:32 pm »

We really do need a SAW/LMG of some sort to draw enemy aggro and/or just suppress enemies for teammates to move up.

I suppose I should be happy that lots of people are speaking up and saying we need one, but it's kinda strange because I just designed one.  The SS Testament, which is not a ship, fires at 480 RPM and has 1728 round magazines.  17280 rounds if you use a backpack tank.  It can literally fire at full-auto for half an hour.  And it's slightly more effective than a 5.56.  Is that enough of a SAW for you?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5874 on: June 11, 2014, 09:16:57 pm »

I have to ask though; why don't spoilers show up when you click preview?
Who knows? Probably didn't think anybody would be using spoilers (or "collapsibles", as they call them) to do anything complicated. And they are expanded by default unless you specify mw-collapsed.
Haven't seen them be used in any wiki before, which is kind of surprising. They seem useful for hiding stuff, and would be even better if they improved them a bit.
More info on collapsible if you're interested: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Collapsible_elements

Anyway, I think the sand creatures we have are "dead" in a way, like corral. They can't reproduce. That's why Hephaestus isn't facing a Black Goo apocalypse (remember what happened to Lyra?).

And I've had an idea for a modular Assault APC for some time, something that you could exchange turrets, locomotion system (wheels, rockets, tank treads, etc), power source, armour (electrified, reactive, kinamp-rammers, etc) and internal systems (thinks like automated medical systems, vehicle grav-chute to allow silent insertion, automaniupulator shield, etc.) easily to allow it to adapt to many combat scenarios that would work well with the mission fund system. I'm going to try out in Tinker later and the Battle of Hexbarax later. If it turns out to be useful, I'll be sending it to Hephaestus. Then you could keep adding modules to it like your crystal autorifle to allow everyone to make the APC/tank they need and then murder all their teammates with it. Would certainly give more direct combat use for aux people, something other than remote controlled drones and turrets.

Is that enough of a SAW for you?
You need to make it shaped like a minigun. Everybody knows miniguns are better.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: June 11, 2014, 09:52:06 pm »

Anyway, I think the sand creatures we have are "dead" in a way, like corral. They can't reproduce. That's why Hephaestus isn't facing a Black Goo apocalypse (remember what happened to Lyra?).
Didn't she explode from amp somethings? I think? Or do you mean on the mission to the Samsonite place?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: June 11, 2014, 09:55:54 pm »

Basically, here is Dubley's reason for the freakout.

In his (extremely warped, wrong) point of view, those boxes were filled with GMO death wasps. Or something similar. This was due to a really bad intuition roll.

His teammates were going to open the boxes and get themselves killed, so he did the good heroic thing of stopping them from opening the boxes.

His ungrateful teammates started threatening him with guns and kinamps, even though he just saved their lives. So he freaked out and lasered open the boxes. Mostly as a sort of "taking you down with me" attack. And also to prove himself right. And to fight/die against proper enemies for once, rather than being killed by dumb accidents or teamkils.

I considered having him stand down after Magilla decided not to use kinamps, but I didn't want to waste that little swear filled speech thing. And I wanted to use a cutting laser. Dubley likes destruction (And construction.) I actually flipped a coin to decide whether or not to stand down.

Kinda dissapointed this didn't become a fullblown Kriellya sig incident.

Moral of the story: Don't make intuition rolls
Wear better armour
You can't trust the system.

Edit: Civic defenders longcoat has been properly tested now. It kept him from dying. Barely.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:06:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: June 11, 2014, 10:03:18 pm »

@Syvarris Works for me. What do you think the price might be?

I also wanted a gauss version of this:http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110829152742/deusex/en/images/d/dc/M404side.png
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: June 11, 2014, 10:14:54 pm »

I want to thank everyone for working on this wiki. Shit's rad.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: June 11, 2014, 10:20:50 pm »

You know, I should thank Dubley for almost making Leo look sane.  And you could actually ask him if you want him to go into the pit of doom first, you know.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 2205