Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2344831 times)

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6705 on: July 02, 2014, 06:16:50 pm »

Yeah i'm hoping you can fix them while or before being dragged :) but just in case i'm dragging anyway.

Regarding me using the Timmy tear.  That tear is somehow embedded in me after being turned into a flesh horror.  I thought it was in my chest, but apparently it is somewhere else now, seeing as I still have it as a robobody.  Piecewise has stated that it holds my consciousness and that it would be a bad idea to mess with it.  As such, I doubt using it would be a good idea, at least for my character.
Ohh okay. I'll make that clear on the wiki then

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: July 02, 2014, 07:21:21 pm »

Why would that make it easier? Amps don't have a traditional "range"; they rely on the user's spacial awareness, which is why line of sight is recommended. The cameye-goggles should be more than enough. The more complicated your plan is, the less likely it is to succeed. Why risk setting off traps when none of you even have to go near the room? Why risk a confrontation when Lars can just knock them out with his amp? He could probably do them one at a time, with dynamic bonuses charged in-between, if it's handled right, too.
You could send the target into a separate room; make him feel tired and have a nap, maybe, and then have one of the guards feel an urgent need to use the washroom or something, and send them into temporary comas one at a time. Then pick the target's sleeping mind for info, maybe puppet him so he can dispose of any physical evidence himself, then selectively wipe his memory, so he doesn't even realize anything's wrong or different after the fact.

FAKEDIT: Ninja'd, kinda.

Amps (and manips) do have range, of sorts.  The further away one is doing stuff, the harder it is to do.  I believe it's the same for automanips, so it's probably more than simply the user's spacial awareness that makes it hard.

That said, I highly doubt being a floor below the guy will have much of an effect compared to being next to him.  As far as wanting him unconscious, wait until night first, and do it while he's sleeping.  Easier than literally busting in and choking him unconscious or whatever.

My recommended plan would be to wait until the guy is asleep, have Lars wear the goggles and memorize his exact position (roll will until you get a five), then hand the goggles to Thomas, and have him and Milno go upstairs to the room directly opposite the target's.  Lars tries mind control, and if he F's up, he radios that pair and thomas shoots the guards through the door with his carbine.  Then you breach how you want, and just go with whatever your plan already is.

If you want to kill them in silence, have Skylar use his micro manip to roast them, while wearing the goggles, then breach.

In other news, I think Anton will feel a bit left out once our robosod forces on Heph are a bit more complete.  Message Saint over the radio, and suddenly Saint possesses his sod bodyguard and just starts talking.  Especially if Simus and Charles take advantage of it too.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: July 02, 2014, 07:44:11 pm »

The time of the day for the plan is still up to debate and to be fair I had considered doing it at night, but there's the matter we have very good excuses to be walking around during the day but if we're caught during the night we have nothing. I'm asking the team's opiniong exactly to improve on the existing plan or provide alternatives.

And it's all about the preference for approaches. I prefer to take care of possible obstructions before going in for the kill than try to head straight for the prize whilst hoping nothing will go wrong to avoid having to deal with everything I left aside.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:59 pm »

Or give the cam-eye goggles to Lars, put him in the room below the target and mind control him, like Syv suggested.

I don't think Lars knows IC that the amps can be targeted that way. 

I did have a... plan for getting the two distracted without violence, but it requires being able to mind-manipulate the two in quick succession.  What is the violence policy on the guards?  Pretty sure Steve wants the target dead anyway, so smashing his brain after we root through it is required.

The only problem with coming in at night is we don't know what safeguards he has then.  If he has two guys standing outside his room all day, what's there at night?  I can't imagine he's undefended.

Plus, there's the whole "What is he even doing in there all day just sitting there" aspect.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: July 02, 2014, 10:26:23 pm »

My legs are mechanical, I could fix them if Lerman wasn't being so silly...

This could take awhile.
I think you're underestimating the damage done. Your legs aren't LEGOs that got knocked apart, they're delicate machinery that took a club clean through them.

Plus, there's the whole "What is he even doing in there all day just sitting there" aspect.
Plot twist: Guy has no/plastic bones, spends all day dancing about and taking relaxing baths while his calcium-boned robot-thing plays decoy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: July 02, 2014, 11:11:02 pm »

IronyOwl is no longer Fran. O.o
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: July 02, 2014, 11:31:24 pm »

IronyOwl is no longer Fran. O.o
The end times are nigh. Better make a contract with me. :3
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33:07 pm »

What if I wish for omnipotence and omniscience? That always seemed like a thing that no one noticed in the contract system.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: July 03, 2014, 12:00:16 am »

What if I wish for omnipotence and omniscience? That always seemed like a thing that no one noticed in the contract system.
Spoiler: Spoilers, Kind Of? (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: July 03, 2014, 12:04:05 am »

He just seems to be relying on the girls' naïveté keeping them from wishing for anything actually useful.
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: July 03, 2014, 12:16:45 am »

I don't think it's that. He doesn't mind when they wish for useful things, but there's no reason to assume they're allowed to wish for infinite wishes either.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: July 03, 2014, 12:33:30 am »

I love this RTD xD, immediately after Stan we get possessed Faith

Einsteinian Roulette, where your teammates are vastly more dangerous than your enemies!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: July 03, 2014, 01:13:30 am »

Want to fight random mooks and steal their precious artifacts? First you have to deal with a depressed psychopath on a machine gun turret killing half your team off, followed by your surviving teammates being mentally controlled and turned against you.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:15:38 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: July 03, 2014, 01:17:25 am »

Let's not forget the shapeshifting teammate that consumes the brain of the crazy ass robot teammate and becomes a giant eldritch nightmare that can only be destroyed by orbital bombardment  ;D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:32 am »

Let's not forget the shapeshifting teammate that consumes the brain of the crazy ass robot teammate and becomes a giant eldritch nightmare that can only be destroyed by orbital bombardment  ;D
Then gets off essentially scot-free due to reincarnation.

Lelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelele
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 2205