Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2346088 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6810 on: July 07, 2014, 10:58:19 am »

Well, yes, obviously. ;D I don't care how crazy the principle is, I don't care that it's basically trying to reinvent the firearm through a much more roundabout process, but it's a physical possibility and I want to see how possible it is. If it means I can get a backup capacitor that will discharge as soon as I need it, generator or no, then it's worth the effort spent trying to figure out how to make the user survive a broken glass hand grenade to the face. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:08 pm »

Hmm. Wonder what'll happen to the mission 15 people? It's not like they can actually fight by now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: July 07, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

Clearly Mesk should go out there and do tricks for them, like cutting off his arm and growing a new one.  I'm sure that'll impress upon people that everything is normal and they can go back to whence they came.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: July 07, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »

Too bad I'm not there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: July 07, 2014, 01:17:43 pm »

In an unconnected (and possibly uninteresting to everyone bar me)... I had Einsteinian Roulette feature in a dream I had last night... It ended in a TPK if anyone is wondering.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: July 07, 2014, 01:21:30 pm »

If we can fix the APC in time (as I can probably free it quickly at this point) We could just gtfo. I hope we can do that, as I think I am the only person other than mesk in fighting condition, and I'm more specced in charisma than combat... Maybe I'm specced high enough to convince them not to shoot?... I doubt that, spoiler showing my stats and equipment

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: July 07, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »

If we can fix the APC in time (as I can probably free it quickly at this point) We could just gtfo. I hope we can do that, as I think I am the only person other than mesk in fighting condition, and I'm more specced in charisma than combat... Maybe I'm specced high enough to convince them not to shoot?... I doubt that, spoiler showing my stats and equipment

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, as far as digging the APC out, seems like you would  either dig it out or destabilize it and cause it to be in an even worse situation, with Jason inside.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: July 07, 2014, 04:20:08 pm »

Welp.  Since I've never actually made an int or cha check yet, can I switch my five in cha to int, and continue tinkering like I was?

I believe that I've asked similar as to my character's Transhuman profession (I have not once used Exo, nor Speech or Charisma). I think the answer was not without invasive brain surgery, or something to that effect.

Actually, I think similar stuff has been asked by one or two others as well, with similar response.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: July 07, 2014, 04:21:14 pm »

We can move Jason out before I attempt to free the APC =P
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: July 07, 2014, 04:26:09 pm »

In an unconnected (and possibly uninteresting to everyone bar me)... I had Einsteinian Roulette feature in a dream I had last night... It ended in a TPK if anyone is wondering.

Join the club.  Any details?

I actually had an ER dream last night too.  I dreamt that PW had updated the Heph thread early, and that my tinker license had been un-revoked.  Seriously, I was actually kinda sad when I woke up and realized that it didn't happen.

Welp.  Since I've never actually made an int or cha check yet, can I switch my five in cha to int, and continue tinkering like I was?

I believe that I've asked similar as to my character's Transhuman profession (I have not once used Exo, nor Speech or Charisma). I think the answer was not without invasive brain surgery, or something to that effect.

Actually, I think similar stuff has been asked by one or two others as well, with similar response.

Yep.  However, lots of newbies that haven't been on their first mission are allowed to switch around stats, so I figured there might be the slight glimmer of a chance that PW would let that happen.

I don't think it's particularly likely to work, but hey, no risk in trying it.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: July 07, 2014, 06:07:55 pm »

Join the club.  Any details?

I actually had an ER dream last night too.  I dreamt that PW had updated the Heph thread early, and that my tinker license had been un-revoked.  Seriously, I was actually kinda sad when I woke up and realized that it didn't happen.

Yeah, a team... not sure who, my character MGAXT-85674/FR (Angel) was there, and the dream was mostly from either his or from 3rd person over the shoulder perspective of him... Feyri might have made an appearence... or at least her name but I think it was associated with a human  so may not have been her since I don't think she's been human whilst Angel was on the crew

We were exploring some kind of alien ruin, we bypassed most of it by taking a lift down, a load of stuff I don't remember well happened, I think automated defenses might have been involved, the whole place was carved out of stone, mostly some sort of sandstone with an odd black granite-like stone being around as well. The TPK occurred when we found our way to a locked door. Next to the door was a recess with a variety of advanced alien tech in there obviously designed to clamp something there the shape was a sort of truncated isosceles triangle (i.e /-\ shaped). across the room and down some steps were two slabs in similar recesses but without the tech, we decided this had to be the lock. One had a picture of a half face with the other half sort of flowing away in the form of ~ shapes, I can't remember what was on the other one.. a sun or star maybe, but we decided to try the unknown one, since these things were around shoulder height Angel picked it up and the rest of the team followed him into the small vestibule with the door... and promptly died as soon as the 'key' was inserted. Piecewise then explained that we'd have found instructions on... the second floor I think (which we had cunningly bypassed against the plan by using the lift) and that it was the other key for deeper access, this one was used both for rubbish disposal and sacrifices by the Aztec-like inhabitants by creating a room sized singularity. The only remaining bit of the dream was me being a bit ticked off and trying to come up with new character ideas...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: July 07, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »

I tend to wake up in the morning reach for my phone and check my updates where something either really good or really really bad happens.

Then i go to put my phone back and realize in my sleepiness i never picked up the phone and ive been reading my imagination for the past few minutes.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6822 on: July 07, 2014, 07:59:56 pm »

@Mission 15: You can just say you are a scientific expedition. You use outdated gear because it's cheap and you have military grade weapons for protection. You're afraid there might be Space Polar Bears/Wampas around here. No you have no idea what just happened. You were just standing there, sciencing like you do every day, when suddenly the world exploded. You blame global warming, solar flares and the ozone hole. This is clearly just a case where a solar flare impacted the pole. And then you tell those military guys that they must leave immediately! They are contaminating important data!

EDIT: Yay, new DF version!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:17:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: July 07, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »

EDIT: Yay, new DF version!

Really? Well, I'll wait until Phoebus updates, since I've used that tileset so long I can't stand standard graphics anymore >_>
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: July 07, 2014, 10:56:10 pm »

HERETIC
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 2205