Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2352499 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6960 on: July 14, 2014, 02:08:47 am »

I know. It's just that it's been a rather long time.
Not really, it hasn't been very long for a game like this. Missions tend to last for months of real time after all.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6961 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:10 am »

Thats fair.

Lets think of some thing for people who are dead on mission and therefore have nothing to do, to do, shall we?

Hmmm. I can think of a few things, do you have any Ideas before I talk about mine?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: July 14, 2014, 07:46:46 am »

Thats fair.

Lets think of some thing for people who are dead on mission and therefore have nothing to do, to do, shall we?

Hmmm. I can think of a few things, do you have any Ideas before I talk about mine?

You know how sometimes in movies, people who are dying suddenly have a lot of thoughts and such going on (e.g. "my entire life flashed before my eyes int he span of a few seconds") because their brain goes into overdrive? Something like that, but instead of viewing their life movie, they go into a 'vision quest' where they see all sorts of strange and confusing imagery, which hey can interact with (kinda like that time someone took xenospit and started having vivid hallucinations) but don't remember IC afterwards.

Alternatively, let them take over for an (enemy or friendly) npc (only viable at certain times).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:08:24 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:47 am »

I think letting them become NPCs in other missions is an interesting thought; it's just too bad that opportunities for that are going to be rather few.  Mission 15 dead could play hostages in 14, but 13 and 15's NPCs are pretty much off limits at this point.

It's still extremely boring.

To be fair, in most other RTDs you'd simply be out of the game and back on the waitlist at best.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: July 14, 2014, 08:48:08 am »

If you cut down the number of armaments and the size, yes. A high speed exoskeleton designed to wield heavy weapons yet stay agile is good, but as it is, it's too big and too expensive, especially considering it relies on pilot skill, always a questionable prospect.

Hard evidence for past claims, hooray!  :P

In all seriousness, good job on the design, you're almost there.

I think letting them become NPCs in other missions is an interesting thought; it's just too bad that opportunities for that are going to be rather few.  Mission 15 dead could play hostages in 14, but 13 and 15's NPCs are pretty much off limits at this point.

Hmm. Maybe let them be an npc somwhere else? E.g. you now are a rebel on some small dirtball somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Go rebel a bit until you are revived.

Whatever plan we have will fail, Lerman will shoot cops with the machine gun, and fun will be had by all.
Just for the record, but if Lerman keeps screwing over the mission, you know there might be repercussions, right? We can blame the first time on mindfuckery, but if it keeps happening...

I think we should add a character's notable quotes to the beginning or end of their wiki entry.
Cool idea. Might be a bit hard for characters with a lot of history though, unless there are certain things that immediately spring to mind.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:56:07 am by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6965 on: July 14, 2014, 09:05:42 am »

If you cut down the number of armaments and the size, yes. A high speed exoskeleton designed to wield heavy weapons yet stay agile is good, but as it is, it's too big and too expensive, especially considering it relies on pilot skill, always a questionable prospect.

Hard evidence for past claims, hooray!  :P

In all seriousness, good job on the design, you're almost there.

Hmm. Maybe let them be an npc somwhere else? E.g. you now are a rebel on some small dirtball somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Go rebel a bit until you are revived.

Whatever plan we have will fail, Lerman will shoot cops with the machine gun, and fun will be had by all.
Just for the record, but if Lerman keeps screwing over the mission, you know there might be repercussions, right? We can blame the first time on mindfuckery, but if it keeps happening...

I think we should add a character's notable quotes to the beginning or end of their wiki entry.
Cool idea. Might be a bit hard for characters with a lot of history though, unless there are certain things that immediately spring to mind.
I WARNED YOU ABOUT TEAM KILLING BRO. I WARNED YOU. IT KEEPS HAPPENING!

Related note: My thoughts for what to do with dead people was to create a thread called "Limbo" and throw them in there. While in limbo I can play fun games with their souls, maybe run quick adventures, maybe use them as test subjects or as a think tank for ideas.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: July 14, 2014, 09:08:03 am »

You can just as well use the OOC thread for that though. You're already using it for a Xenonauts LP. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6967 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:25 am »

You can just as well use the OOC thread for that though. You're already using it for a Xenonauts LP. :P
Nuh. Dead men go in dead man land and we play games together until their bodies are fixed again.

if only not to flood the ooc thread with stuff that isn't ooc

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:13 am »

Shush you, my character's been temp-dead for a month or more.

I think I'm the only one who qualifies to participate in "Limbo", at the moment. Kyle isn't technically dead, and 15's deaths are permanent. That said, I'd be quite happy with something to do while my teammates fuck around. :)

Also wouldn't mind taking over an NPC. Anything except waiting around while everyone else has all the fun. I could be the Maintenance guy, even.

Except the guys who can do nothing but wait for you guys to stop dicking around and either retreat or accomplish the mission.
Actually, there is one thing you can do: decay. If it takes them too long, your brain may be a bit damaged, or unrecoverable if memory serves...

It's been half an hour. Unless they screw up monumentally - quite a possibility, with several amp users running low - I'm not worried about Hasala being too far gone when they get back. Yet, anyway. If they spend three hours searching the sewers, I'll probably start prodding them to get moving in the OOC thread.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: July 14, 2014, 10:13:28 am »

It seems like a better idea to fix the APC if these soldiers are actually that far off still, but I have no way of knowing that IC.
As far as I can remember Steve never actually gave us an ETA on them... so I'll be a good kid and not use meta-knowledge. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: July 14, 2014, 10:29:37 am »

Hey guys, I was checking some posts of the previous missions and look what I found

Elisaz shakes his head. Just twisted, corrupt media brainwashing the sheeple plebeians. He keeps surfing until he finds something intelligent or sexy.
"...Magistar Haloton considers proposal for the reinstatement of Arbiter of Peace troops..."

Maybe this proposal will pass now that the HRMC is revolting
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

I think its way past time you called for reinforcements and a medivac.

Also someone should probably excise those termites before they reach moruls braincase.
You guys are in a diner, find some spoons.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: July 14, 2014, 10:34:41 am »

Round up hostages to the back of the building. Check barrier on windows/doors. Menacingly pump shotgun.
Que D'usse pumping the shotgun until it has no more shells in the tube.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: July 14, 2014, 10:41:00 am »

Continuing the discussion about sods:

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: July 14, 2014, 10:48:50 am »

Round up hostages to the back of the building. Check barrier on windows/doors. Menacingly pump shotgun.
Que D'usse pumping the shotgun until it has no more shells in the tube.
The Rule of Cool will prevail.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 2205