Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355398 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7020 on: July 16, 2014, 08:18:26 pm »

I sorta want to save up for a battlesuit and a coilgun, or go straight for an Avatar of War.

I mean, Lerman in an AoW. So much potential...

I have a feeling Lerman isn't going to survive long enough to get an Avatar.

Let's look at what you've done this mission.
You were one of the people who walked up to the diner's front doors.
You used a flashbang on the unarmed civilians, which, due to the complete lack of warning, also affected your teammates.
Then you used the AP machinegun on your teammates, killing or seriously wounding two people and injuring two more. Granted, this occurred under the influence of mind-control, but still.
Now you're physically fighting another team member for the machinegun, while the police are present. While also ignoring an amp user veteran's warning to leave the damn machinegun alone.

If he keeps acting like this, someone is eventually going to do something about him, you know.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: July 16, 2014, 08:19:17 pm »

The "Fuck off, you can have the galaxy, we're gonna fly to the next one" strategy?

It's brilliant!

Though it does beg the question:  What percentage of the Milky Way does the UWM span, if you plotted the populated stars on the map and drew a line around the outer ones?  Is it roughly circular or are there large (relatively; space is big) empty areas?  Are there any extragalactic settlements?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: July 16, 2014, 08:37:50 pm »

the flashbang, IIRC, was also under mind control.

And you might be abandoning Steve, not humanity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: July 16, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

We'll bring him with; he's cool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: July 16, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »

the flashbang, IIRC, was also under mind control.

Was that confirmed by piecewise? It might have been a PM action.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7025 on: July 16, 2014, 09:15:20 pm »

I can't say I approve but this is goddamned hilarious. If Lerman survives this we're going to have to make sure he (doesn't) get his hands replaced with machine guns or something.
Or get them replaced with machine guns that misfire five percent of the time. So he knows that sometimes machine guns aren't good.
I like it, but I have to wonder how much it'd actually affect his decisionmaking process.
Ever heard the expression "When all you have is a hammer..."? Now replace "hammer" with "machinegun".

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: July 16, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »

I have a feeling Lerman isn't going to survive long enough to get an Avatar.

Let's look at what you've done this mission.
You were one of the people who walked up to the diner's front doors.
You used a flashbang on the unarmed civilians, which, due to the complete lack of warning, also affected your teammates.
Then you used the AP machinegun on your teammates, killing or seriously wounding two people and injuring two more. Granted, this occurred under the influence of mind-control, but still.
Now you're physically fighting another team member for the machinegun, while the police are present. While also ignoring an amp user veteran's warning to leave the damn machinegun alone.

If he keeps acting like this, someone is eventually going to do something about him, you know.

Lerman is an idiot; mind control; mind control; the turret is now his only friend, and Lerman doesn't take too kindly to anyone trying to steal it from under him. Either way, Stacy survived long enough to turn into an eldritch abomination, so he should be fine.

To be honest, you could probably lure him off with another weapon or a shiny, if you were so inclined, but everyone seems to think violence is the solution to dealing with a stupid but well-armed sociopath.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:30:09 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: July 16, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »

We're ARM. Violence is what we do.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: July 16, 2014, 10:20:40 pm »

From what i've read, i actually feel like my barbarian guy seems pretty tame. I'm sad now T-T
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »

Shhh. There's still time.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: July 16, 2014, 10:41:07 pm »

@Toaster
The UWM controls little 'clumps' of worlds.  Due to how their FTL works (using jump points), they pretty much just colonized everything around the easy jump points.  So, if you drew a big circle, it'd propably contain the majority of the galaxy.  But if you only calculated percentage controlled, I bet you would find that it's far smaller.

@Smurf
Stacy also obeyed orders, and didn't directly try to kill or harm his teammates.  He accidentally did, but you have decided to internalize the teamkilling, and moved to intentionally harming teammates.  So you missed your chance to compare yourself to him.

Also, I'm pretty sure that he didn't directly go against orders of someone threatening to kill him if he disobeyed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: July 16, 2014, 11:02:49 pm »

I figured as much- I'm just curious as to the spread of those clumps.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: July 16, 2014, 11:04:12 pm »

I'm actually not sure whether Bubba is on red or Blue team. I don't want to get shot as soon as I finally get into DMR though xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: July 16, 2014, 11:30:06 pm »

Blue. Everybody's on Blue because nobody in Red ever dies in episodes anymore.

Edit: Which means you'll possibly die next episode. Sorry.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:35:42 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7034 on: July 16, 2014, 11:56:51 pm »

Oh hey, morul is rolling lowered will rolls since he's tired himself out mentally.

Neat.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 2205