Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355992 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7185 on: July 19, 2014, 01:15:37 am »

@tiriun I'm in a similar boat with the timezones thing. I think I may actually be in a similar time zone as most of the people here, but I'm a nightshift worker, so when I am up and active, no one else is
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: July 19, 2014, 01:24:11 am »

i think theres only the metamorph page.

i just wanted it to autolink without needing to edit the nyars boxes page.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: July 19, 2014, 01:50:04 am »

Wow thanks syvarris and Parisbre56 for all the Mk I suit info on the wiki. Finally i know what i am wearing!
Eh, most of the stuff I put are data from my old Appearance Google Doc, so I can't take all the credit for my contribution.

I find the silence on the on ship thread disturbing. I really wish we had at lest some sort of vague plan, if we're going to drop tomorrow. And a threat assessment of the area, even a vague one. And some information about where we will be dropping and in how long. Because if we can choose where we can drop (because there are probably no defensive laser towers around there to throw off our targeting), then that could be an important part of the plan. Because I have a feeling that if we go in blind and unprepared, things will probably keep getting worse.

there are several reasons for that:
- I don't think it's believable Miya (or anyone else) could learn all the details from quickly skimming the video footage. I'm trying too avoid using too much meta information here.
- I don't exactly know how pw wants to do this. Dropping in at the beginning or end of next turn makes a major difference, but I don't think we'll get an 'action turn' already. After next turn I can probably give actual orders or plans. And I don't think we can choose our drop site, otherwise pw would've told us.
- First situation is fairly straightforward: get in, pacify everything shooting each other, while not to letting anyone touch you to prevent getting possessed. After that, we'll see.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7188 on: July 19, 2014, 06:38:07 am »

Yeah, but what are we going to do about the Urban Executor (or similarly powered mind controller)? He must be either hiding in one of the nearby buildings with line of sight to the street or using cameras or similar to view the street. And I can't have that information without the camera footage, not can I analyse the footage to determine his position, because everybody believes that the chestworms are responsible for Morul's posession (and your IC reply was even more misleading, saying that he came out of the basement already possessed). So if we go in his line of sight to stop the police or our mind controlled teammates, we run the risk of being mind controlled ourselves and having someone like Renen or Flint become mind controlled would be very bad news.

Now that I think about it, it was kinda merciful of piecewise to have the mind controller possess Morul, because the mind controller was smart enough to amputate the infected part of Morul's body (using Morul's amp), thus rescuing his braincase (at least for now). Because the worms looked like the Alien's acid, something that eats through anything, with the only hope of stopping it being removing the piece of armour it hits.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:41:37 am by Parisbre56 »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: July 19, 2014, 07:39:13 am »

I was picked for the mission, huh? Well, gonna change my action so that I can try getting some equipment, I guess.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: July 19, 2014, 07:43:17 am »

Whose to say its not the gun controlling him?

Bandages was discarded when morul took it, maybe it can only affect the last person to touch it?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: July 19, 2014, 07:47:15 am »

Can I just grab a token from the fund? I'm only 1 token short of getting a microwave amp.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: July 19, 2014, 07:50:11 am »

I dunno if arming the rookies on the 'rescue team' with amps is a good idea... then again, some nice planet-destroying overloads could really spice things up, I guess. Not like things are FUBAR enough already or anything. ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: July 19, 2014, 08:07:52 am »

How about the guys who permadied on mission 15, a mission to open boxes, don't get to resurrect, buy amps, and bring them to mission 14 -.-

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:29 am »

How about the guys who permadied on mission 15, a mission to open boxes, don't get to resurrect, buy amps, and bring them to mission 14 -.-

C'mon, Magilla wasn't culpable in any of that. He was being a good sport throughout if I remember it right. Even bravely sacrificed himself for the team!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:32 am »

It's more since Jonathan lacks a proper weapon, and he's speacialized in exotic weapons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: July 19, 2014, 08:14:41 am »

You should totally get a brain operated flying laser cannon.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: July 19, 2014, 08:37:04 am »

I will admit that Magilla was an unfortunate casualty not an instigator, and did refrain from pushing the "DO NOT PUSH" button, when commanded at gunpoint to refrain.

But i'm still seeing a ~40% chance of rolling a a 6+ on this new character whose character sheet features the word "insane" :P

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: July 19, 2014, 08:50:21 am »

.....Yeah, that's a good enough point for me.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7199 on: July 19, 2014, 09:01:16 am »

Whose to say its not the gun controlling him?

Bandages was discarded when morul took it, maybe it can only affect the last person to touch it?
Take that!
As we can see from this, the weapon is obviously necessary to maintain the effect. The moment the weapon was removed from Bandages possession, he slumped to the ground, since he was already dead. Same thing for Morul, the second the gun was removed from his possession, he regained control of his arms (interesting to note that effect was similar to the ones eating his body). It is obvious that the gun is necessary to maintain the remote control effect and that it is not a possession effect but rather a puppet effect that allows the gun-sentience to move a body around, even if that body would normally be impossible to move due to damage, as seen by the evidence here. Bandages is shown to be able to move around with broken bones, something that would be impossible using normal movement. Even before the battle began, as shown here and here. My theory is that either Bandages was some dead body they found or even someone shot with the Possession Gun or that Bandages used to be the possession gun, but he had his brain removed and put in an alternate location. However, as seen here, Morul is unable to move properly due to his missing bodyparts, something that wasn't a concern for Bandages. Furthermore, Morul is shown to be using his amp, something that is in direct contradiction to the puppeteer effect exhibited by the gun, something that requires mind control.
Finally, there are other evidence of mind-control in the area, such as the APC-machinegun incident or the fact that the catgirl got a a nosebleed point.

There are, of course, other explanations, like the greenworm control effect being different than the gun-possession effect (most probable being that the greenworms are a copy of the gun-sentience's mind, since their effects look similar, although that doesn't explain why the possessor would decide to  amputate them, if it was really just part of him) or that Bandages somehow had his body modified or something else.
But this theory is backed up by some of the evidence, so I believe it should be either further investigated or at least taken into consideration. One easy way to prove it would be to shock Morul if he isn't able to regain control. A mind controller won't be able to maintain control, someone possessing him probably would.

The only thing that doesn't seem to perfectly fit with the evidence is Morul's looking around and breaking the building's wall, because that could mean several different things. Either it is an artefact of the mind-controller trying to correlate what he sees and knows with what Morul sees and knows OR Morul is actually possessed by something and that something allows Morul to see through and be unaffected from the darkness and protective barrier of the building or maybe the possessor just instinctual knows everyone else's position OR the mind controller actually gave Morul temporary permission to bypass the building's barrier so that he could free Faith or used a method to damage the building that works (perhaps the barrier only protects from damage from the outside, not the inside, for example).

Irrelevant, Jim should have his opponents dressed in suits and black glasses.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 2205