Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356208 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7275 on: July 20, 2014, 03:44:52 am »

...Is the only reason Lerman isn't zapped right now is because PW's having too much fun killing off players with him?

Otherwise, Steve is lazy as shit.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: July 20, 2014, 03:50:04 am »

Maybe it's because whatever we do to you will be more entertaining than what he can.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: July 20, 2014, 03:51:08 am »

He may still be needed. At the end of the day, he can still shoot at enemies, however poorly.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:15 am »

I sort-of want to move up along with Vincent, staying a cautious distance behind him but close enough to provide proper cover, but I'm not really sure quite how bad my injuries are, or if I'd be able to shoot with reasonable accuracy without staying prone. :-\
Bah. Maybe I'll do it anyway, and hopefully have enough time to dive prone before any shooting starts...
you know what, I've been awake for over a day straight, that kinda seems like a good idea with no real downsides right now. Hmmmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: July 20, 2014, 09:39:56 am »

...Is the only reason Lerman isn't zapped right now is because PW's having too much fun killing off players with him?

If pw runs my action, he should be zapped next turn.

Also, I have plans for Lerman. Heh heh heh.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: July 20, 2014, 10:14:08 am »

If pw runs my action, he should be zapped next turn.

Also, I have plans for Lerman. Heh heh heh.
Run, Lerman, run. Run so you're exhausted when the mob catches you.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: July 20, 2014, 10:19:29 am »

Plans?  Eye for an eye, or jim-related encounter?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: July 20, 2014, 10:55:37 am »

You better get to shooting fools, Feyri, or you're gonna die.

At least it's easy to shoot fools around here; you can pretty much aim in any direction!

Calleath:  I think going through the walls is a bit silly, really.  It'll make a pile of noise, very understandably freak out our target, and make things dicey.  Plus, if we're trying to be as bloodless as possible, I don't think substituting major property damage counts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: July 20, 2014, 11:01:37 am »

Calleath:  I think going through the walls is a bit silly, really.  It'll make a pile of noise, very understandably freak out our target, and make things dicey.  Plus, if we're trying to be as bloodless as possible, I don't think substituting major property damage counts.

Yeah. We could actually be fairly silent if we went with what I had in mind, but failures would still be horribly noisy (and dangerous), it'd be a slower process than the plan we're going through with now and the whole thing about not being found out by the owner really make the cons outweigh the pros.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: July 20, 2014, 11:12:09 am »

Can't you just kill the target almost undetectably from a distance using Lars' amp? Or better yet, take control of his mind?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7285 on: July 20, 2014, 11:42:19 am »

Can't you just kill the target almost undetectably from a distance using Lars' amp? Or better yet, take control of his mind?
But what if it really isn't the target? He is known to be paranoid. A body double wouldn't be beyond him. Plus, it is likely that he holds evidence, evidence we must destroy for Steve's sake. A careful interrogation of all involved parties until the truth is revealed is best and an untested amp in the hands of someone who has never used it before is nothing but careful.

EDIT: Looking at Lars' stats, I noticed we are quite similar. It's like I'm a more heavily armed, more jack-of-all-trades version of him. You know, except the priest part.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:46:06 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: July 20, 2014, 11:48:41 am »

But what if it really isn't the target? He is known to be paranoid. A body double wouldn't be beyond him. Plus, it is likely that he holds evidence, evidence we must destroy for Steve's sake. A careful interrogation of all involved parties until the truth is revealed is best and an untested amp in the hands of someone who has never used it before is nothing but careful.

If it isn't, or he has evidence, a quick strip search of the mind should reveal that.

Seriously, attempts to interrogate somebody incredibly paranoid by a gang of people who have done nothing of the sort before will only end in tears and/or disaster anyway. Not to mention it being relatively difficult to detect amp fuckery if it's done correctly. Maybe try  a random stranger first, to study how this whole thing works. Testing the amp on a randomly chosen stranger unrelated to all this can only have very limited consequences, after all, since the stranger in question would have zero clue what even happened.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: July 20, 2014, 12:00:07 pm »

There's the fact we want to tranq the man before mind-probing him, which should go fairly well unless he's a robot (don't think so judging by available info) or had his body modified to resist that kind of thing. Sleeping people have less mental barriers, so we'll have enough time to have Lars learn how things work (with dynamic bonuses, of course).

Also, I didn't want to have Lars use his amp before it was time to act on the - very unlikely, I admit - chance the target could somehow detect space magic activity.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: July 20, 2014, 02:19:21 pm »

Hey, Kri, I'm still alive, so take me outta yer fancy sig thing. Well, I'm assuming that the fact that I fought back means I live. Also, REALLY hope this works. Really.

Okay, you have been resurrected. For now :P
Good luck on getting out of this. Should be entertaining!

Oh, @RC, could you give me and Sword admin access to the wiki? I've got a few things I'd like to play with, and I'm sure Sword could do something with the admin controls.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:03:33 pm by Kriellya »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: July 20, 2014, 03:52:03 pm »

@Yoink Yay backup! Now that we have survived Stan, it would suck getting offed by the military. Backup is definitely appreciated!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 2205