Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2353373 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7515 on: July 24, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »

At least sharp enough to be able to make someone want to back off when hit by it.

You've got two (decent) options here:
  • The almost free option: Wait for the next line of spacesuits to come out, get a free metal sword from a space wizard.  Turn shock gloves on and hold sword.  Not quite as shocking as a tesla saber, and not as sharp as a monorazor, but infinite charge and free.
  • The expensive option: Buy an expensive metamaterial that doesn't immediately melt when shocked by tesla saber voltages.  Make a sword out of it, duct tape a battery to it, and attach a magic no-arc field generator to the hilt.

Are we still talking about swords or are we talking about monorazors? Because there isn't that much difference it seems.

I was talking about swords, and pointing out how vastly inferior they are to monorazors.  Nothing I said in there applies to the latter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: July 24, 2014, 12:24:11 pm »

But most of those apply to any sword. Which again makes me wonder why they're still available if they're as bad as people say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: July 24, 2014, 12:35:07 pm »

But most of those apply to any sword. Which again makes me wonder why they're still available if they're as bad as people say.
Because Jim is hobbyist blacksmith?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7518 on: July 24, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

At least sharp enough to be able to make someone want to back off when hit by it.

• The almost free option: Wait for the next line of spacesuits to come out, get a free metal sword from a space wizard.  Turn shock gloves on and hold sword.  Not quite as shocking as a tesla saber, and not as sharp as a monorazor, but infinite charge and free.
  • The expensive option: Buy an expensive metamaterial that doesn't immediately melt when shocked by tesla saber voltages.  Make a sword out of it, duct tape a battery to it, and attach a magic no-arc field generator to the hilt.
You're forgetting option number 3: Merge a monorazor and a tesla saber. Monowires have the advantage that they don't cut things when they don't vibrate, so they can be easily stored. So you could theoretically make some sort of mechanism that extends a monorazor out of a tesla saber when it's off. Not really cheap, but cheaper than making some kind of ultra durable ultra sharp metamaterial. And it doesn't offer many advantages except having both in the same weapon, but hey, it's what the man wants. If that's what he wants, let him have it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:14 pm »

if something pops out, slash it with my blade

You might want to be more specific here to avoid (more) innocent-killing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7520 on: July 24, 2014, 01:13:23 pm »

@Mission 15: Guys, guys, no yelling to the driver. Let him focus. Most high speed accidents happen when the driver is under stress or distracted. You don't want him to suddenly start spinning faster, do you?

That was a joke.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: July 24, 2014, 01:29:38 pm »

You're forgetting option number 3: Merge a monorazor and a tesla saber. Monowires have the advantage that they don't cut things when they don't vibrate, so they can be easily stored. So you could theoretically make some sort of mechanism that extends a monorazor out of a tesla saber when it's off. Not really cheap, but cheaper than making some kind of ultra durable ultra sharp metamaterial. And it doesn't offer many advantages except having both in the same weapon, but hey, it's what the man wants. If that's what he wants, let him have it.
Hey, then I don't need to waste space with two swords. Still doubt the usefulness of a weapon that needs to vibrate to cut but it's better than one that can run out of power and need to you waste time switching.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:05 pm »

... Has anyone considered modifying a conventional 9mm pistol to fire kinetic amp-tipped bullets?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: July 24, 2014, 02:25:18 pm »

... Has anyone considered modifying a conventional 9mm pistol to fire kinetic amp-tipped bullets?
Try take a wild guess for price of bullets...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: July 24, 2014, 02:28:20 pm »

Gonna guess something like 4 tokens a round or something.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7525 on: July 24, 2014, 02:29:21 pm »

Yeah, you're better off creating automanipulator bullets like grav-shot or chemical carrying bullets like metler-rounds. It will actually be cheaper.
Hmm... Wonder if our Hephaestus people can create modified automanipulator rounds. So instead of grav-shots we get freeze-shots or magneto-shots or whatever else might be useful for that price. Although grav-shots are really good, since they can bypass almost any armour and they only cost 2-3 times the price of normal ammo, if memory serves.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: July 24, 2014, 02:35:45 pm »

So wait. Is it just a single amp on a glove?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7527 on: July 24, 2014, 02:37:33 pm »

http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Kinetic_Amp

It is sold as a glove, but it is actually a small thing the size of a stamp in the knuckles of the glove so that you can punch with it (and an on/off switch, I assume).

EDIT: Edited wiki page to add some missing info.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:45:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: July 24, 2014, 02:42:15 pm »

I see your point, but if its not friendly and I hesitate, and there's 4 friendlies in there already, innocent death, or (even more) complete bloodbath. Great to be playing this, hope I actually do something useful before I die.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: July 24, 2014, 02:44:29 pm »

Also, K-amps provide hilarity:

[uncon:1]

"Alright door, lets see what you're made of." You say, walking up to the door and pounding your fist in your hand. You realize your mistake only after your arm has been pulverized into hamburger meat and sprayed across the wall.

[end:4]
"I have made a mistake."

Ahem

"MEDIC!!!!!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 2205