Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319643 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7605 on: July 26, 2014, 05:44:28 pm »

Also, would someone on team 2 please open that god forsaken care package and tell me what's in it. Seriously, people, it's opening a box, how is this so hard? What is this, a flying circus?
Ask mission 15 about boxes.

Your care package contains many smaller care packages, which contain even smaller care packages, etc.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: July 26, 2014, 05:48:25 pm »

I should have brought one of those nukes for this.
I don't understand why SOP isn't to send a nuke on every mission already. Could have stopped the Stan incident way earlier.

The actual, no joke reason?

Because nukes are expensive.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: July 26, 2014, 05:51:13 pm »

Also, would someone on team 2 please open that god forsaken care package and tell me what's in it. Seriously, people, it's opening a box, how is this so hard? What is this, a flying circus?
Ask mission 15 about boxes.

Your care package contains many smaller care packages, which contain even smaller care packages, etc.
And when you try to open them, someone will try/threaten to shoot you.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: July 26, 2014, 06:06:58 pm »

Open basement door, throw nades into blackness. Close door, wait few seconds. Then enter basement.
Oh good. At least the plan is solid. No real indication of what will actually happen, but at least we've got that.

You should know me well enough to know I wouldn't order people to throw nades into small enclosed spaces they currently occupy.
I don't know man. In ER, you can't really trust anyone to have any common sense. I think there's probably a pantheon god whose sole purpose it is to constantly drain the common sense and self-preservation instincts from HMRC-members

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: July 26, 2014, 06:29:36 pm »

I should have brought one of those nukes for this.
I don't understand why SOP isn't to send a nuke on every mission already. Could have stopped the Stan incident way earlier.

The actual, no joke reason?

Because nukes are expensive.
Not to mention that it would be rather difficult to deploy seeing as you would have to ensure that you are outside the blast radius when it detonates. Nukes tend to have rather large blast radii.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: July 26, 2014, 06:54:53 pm »

It's only one eighth of one.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: July 26, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »

Everyone within 0.25 kilometers of the bomb will either be injured or dead. Supernatural entities may survive and benefit from the confusion and carnage. Valuable objects may be destroyed. You'd be planting a bomb, not exactly covert. Attention would be attracted immediately.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: July 26, 2014, 08:27:39 pm »

And plus, how often does a mission actually benefit from explosives in ways that wouldn't work just as well with more conventional armaments? Most HMRC/ARM problems are caused by alien fuckery and incompetent malice, not being underequipped.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:33 pm »

And plus, how often does a mission actually benefit from explosives in ways that wouldn't work just as well with more conventional armaments? Most HMRC/ARM problems are caused by alien fuckery and incompetent malice, not being underequipped.
Yeah, but nuke > incompetent malice. But then again, it could be bad if alien mindfuckery and a nuke wee in the same mission.  PW would have a field day.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: July 26, 2014, 08:56:13 pm »

Yeah, but nuke > incompetent malice. But then again, it could be bad if alien mindfuckery and a nuke wee in the same mission.  PW would have a field day.
I don't see how incompetent malice is less of a problem than alien mindfuckery when it comes to nukes. Or even how it solves it, for that matter. I mean, I guess it's simpler than an amp, but that cripples its problem solving powers at least as much as its fuckup chances.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: July 26, 2014, 09:51:24 pm »

I don't see how incompetent malice is less of a problem than alien mindfuckery when it comes to nukes. Or even how it solves it, for that matter. I mean, I guess it's simpler than an amp, but that cripples its problem solving powers at least as much as its fuckup chances.
Proactive nuking.
"Attention everyone, you have a new mission."
KABOOM!
 :P
To make it clear, the nuke suggestion was a joke.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: July 26, 2014, 09:59:30 pm »

Ah. That makes more sense. :x

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: July 26, 2014, 10:08:02 pm »

If I'm remembering correctly, missions with nukes involved are 50/50 for them detonating.  (2, 7, 8*, and 11*)  No, wait, 12 had one too and it didn't go off, so 40%.

Also, I think PW likes it when we fuck up just so he can write epic descriptions of weapons in action*; see most recent update in the Heph thread. 

*As opposed to him liking it for the hilarity value
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:46 am »

The nukes are really just a symptom of a deeper problem: nobody wants to buy single-use items from their own money. The mission fund/equipment thing was there to solve that. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: July 27, 2014, 02:10:02 am »

Maybe Steve can give people an allowance of single use items that everyone can use but someone has to pay. An example that I could think of with something like that that really works is Payday 2's assets that work like that. The fact that they're cheap and other people can get things you can't cover the cost of probably helps. But mostly I just want to see someone carry around a case of nukes and act like they aren't doing anything special.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 2205