Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2357285 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8025 on: August 05, 2014, 10:39:55 am »

Considering the many aftereffects of doing something so mundane, a normal soldier or person in the field reacting to an already obvious warning would go wrong? Because loldice? Yeah.
Just a precaution. >_>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: August 05, 2014, 10:48:04 am »

I love how everyone is posting actions to resist feyris flashbang.

...we have auto adjusting light dampening visors.

Well, flashbangs also have the "bang" part that disrupts your balance via messing with the liquids inside your ear. And I'm not sure a light dampening visor would help much against a flash - it might dampen in reaction and leave you near-blind for a couple seconds anyway.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8027 on: August 05, 2014, 11:32:43 am »

The suits are also somewhat soundproof, and play noise heard from outside through speakers.  The bang just disables those for a short time.  Remember when Lerman detonated a flashbang earlier in the mission?

@Heritical Xan talk

Both old Xan and tsundere Xan are Jesus.  Remember, he died and came back?  Xan's done the same thing, except with orbital bombardment rather than crucifying.  So, in the future, the religious people will hang miniature nukes around thier necks instead of crosses.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: August 05, 2014, 11:34:49 am »

xD Man speech rolls are TERRIBLE. I meant that roll for my teammates and now Steve thinks I was trying to manipulate him xD
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8029 on: August 05, 2014, 11:40:00 am »

Also, it was actually pistols the Americans gave their astronauts. The Russians did and I thinks till do so as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8030 on: August 05, 2014, 12:13:33 pm »

So, in the future, the religious people will hang miniature nukes around thier necks instead of crosses.

Let me take this time to remind everyone that Lars has a nuke.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8031 on: August 05, 2014, 12:17:38 pm »

So, in the future, the religious people will hang miniature nukes around thier necks instead of crosses.

Wasn't it a walking nuke?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8032 on: August 05, 2014, 12:31:12 pm »

Good gods, playing as Jobasio makes my usual rambling so, so very much worse. :-\
Also, that's interesting, about the astronaut guns. Now they just need to invent gauss rifles so they can actually fire 'em in space.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8033 on: August 05, 2014, 12:33:45 pm »

Wasn't it a walking nuke?

Indeed.  Of uncertain magnitude, no less.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8035 on: August 05, 2014, 02:21:14 pm »

I'm a little late, but wouldn't Steve be the Holy Spirit? I mean, he is essentially a little voice in our head telling us to do good harvest alien artefacts.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8036 on: August 05, 2014, 02:23:58 pm »

Also, that's interesting, about the astronaut guns. Now they just need to invent gauss rifles so they can actually fire 'em in space.

...Why wouldn't they be able to fire gunpowder weapons in space?
Well, you can, but they will eventually jam from the lubricant/whatever it is in the barrel going all weird.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: August 05, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »

Plus in micro-G you would end up getting pushed back quite roughly I imagine, since you're not grounded.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: August 05, 2014, 04:01:26 pm »

That's... lube shouldn't really be in the barrel, aside for storage.  The mechanisms and such, sure.  Bur why would gauss weapons be any different?  They use the same operating mechanisms, just with a different propulsion method.  You don't have to eject spent casings, but you still need to seat the bullet, and cycle new bullets in.  There's no residue and junk from the gunpowder, but I'd think if the lube is frozen that's less of a problem anyway.

Anyways, there's proof gunpowder weapons work in space.  The russians apparently destroyed a satellite with one.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8039 on: August 05, 2014, 04:10:03 pm »

As long as you have an oxygenated firing chamber or self oxidising gunpowder why wouldnt a modrrn day gun work in space?

Might not be entirely practical, but it would work fine.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 2205