Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356448 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9060 on: September 18, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »

I would also be interested in testing prototypes, though more the armor and suits than the weapons(unless some of them are uncon weapons)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9061 on: September 18, 2014, 03:48:22 pm »

Oh hey, look over there! It's Mission 5!

Nice job man.

Maybe, but it's probably more than I'm willing to spend.  Lars does need a bigger gun, but I was also considering a Nyars box, especially if someone is interested in buying any non-Con weapon I get off me.

What kind of price are you thinking? I'm personally setting it at 7 right now, or half that in the armory. Sound reasonable?

Not to mention you're getting a shipment of nine weapon prototypes for free distribution and testing on this mission.

For the record, since I'll be giving those out, people need to contact Miya IC to get their hands on one of those, and there'll be a few limitations.

Also, I won't be giving away any of Sean's weapons until it is fully finalised, though maybe we can retcon it in later on if it happens fast enough (to prevent people ever using it before it's completely ready).

@ smurf: decided against punishing you as I first intended because a) not getting paid is punishment already, and b) it'd be a hassle for me, and I have better things to do right now in ER. Count your lucky stars.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:51:09 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: September 18, 2014, 03:54:03 pm »

What were you gonna do to him?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: September 18, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »

What were you gonna do to him?

It's a secret, that only people who visit the plug dj could know (but who, of course, won't tell anyone)!

https://plug.dj/einsteinian-roulette

EDIT: Cael, have you got your team? I almost have mine, but since your mission is also important (and some of your regulars aren't there) I'd let you choose first, to ensure you don't have to use too man new blood, so to speak. Or I could post my current list and then we could shuffle a bit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:51:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: September 18, 2014, 06:06:04 pm »

I'm joining plug.dj after I get home. I've already picked Skylar and Thaddeus and you probably couldn't go wrong by picking Renen for your team.

I'm considering picking Daineal since his good Handiwork may come in handy for bank robbing somehow. I'm also hoping at least one person with good Con skill will pop up and volunteer for my mission.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: September 18, 2014, 06:10:18 pm »

I'm joining plug.dj after I get home. I've already picked Skylar and Thaddeus and you probably couldn't go wrong by picking Renen for your team.

I'm considering picking Daineal since his good Handiwork may come in handy for bank robbing somehow. I'm also hoping at least one person with good Con skill will pop up and volunteer for my mission.

Darn, just as I have to leave the plug dj. Oh well, just let me know what you decide on. I have cut down my list to 12 people (daineal being one of them, but you can have him if you want), will try to slash down to 10 if possible.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: September 18, 2014, 06:13:58 pm »

Blah, I take it I didn't make the cut for m16 then?
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: September 18, 2014, 06:18:56 pm »

Tavik:  If you're around, you had a recommendation for M16.  You would likely get in that if you wanted to do it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: September 18, 2014, 06:46:29 pm »

hey PW, an interesting conversation came up in the plug.dj chat. Would a bow/crossbow count as uncon?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9069 on: September 18, 2014, 07:26:29 pm »

hey PW, an interesting conversation came up in the plug.dj chat. Would a bow/crossbow count as uncon?
Don't think so.
Conventional Weapons: By conventional weapons we mean anything that follows the general concept of “A metal tube which you point at things and potentially lethal somethings shoot out”. 

Unconventional Weapons: Covers your non-death-tube armaments. Explosives, hand to hand weapons, field manipulators, etc.
I think it's pretty clear that it is conventional from the above, since it is a death tube.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: September 18, 2014, 07:43:03 pm »

I stopped watching the mission 14 thread. What is it I'm supposed to do now?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: September 18, 2014, 07:51:16 pm »

You can volunteer for one of the missions that are about to head out, or you can wait until they leave and then do stuff on the ship.
Either way, Kyle is back on ship and all patched up.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9072 on: September 19, 2014, 09:58:19 am »

Availability check: tryrar, TCM, Aoshima, how are your posting capabilities? I need to see if everyone I'm picking for the mission will be able to keep a steady posting rate.

@R_C: You can take Daineal. I'll try to give a shot at the current group.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:00 am »

Usually I'm online pretty much every day, normally around this time (+5 hours). And no foreseeable interruptions at moment.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9074 on: September 19, 2014, 11:06:49 am »

@Sean
On FEL weapons finalised:
Pity you still decided for overcharge to be at twice the power despite taking thrice the time, turns-wise. Well, there are two approaches at making such 'special modes' for firing, where one of them is making highly useful, if situational, and the other is maybe highly situationally usefull. Personally, I would rather agree with Syvarris on this and adivise higher power, up to the point of 300% for two turns worth of actions (as, you know, things either kill outright or plink off the tougher stuff; there is no kill like overkill; and overcharge mode would not help you that much against a horde of aliens, which is not that unlikely to spawn mysteriously appear in our way). There might have been a sweet spot of golden mean between the philosophies, or a reasonable facsimile of could at least be achieved, by the way of simply scaling the damage output with time input, but I can't help it if both you and RC seem to prefer it just like this. Underpowered.
Pity.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:08:51 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 2205