Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2354959 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1320 on: March 05, 2014, 06:07:06 am »

I say we make a giant coilgun out of the debris from the battle and launch her into space.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 05, 2014, 06:51:06 am »

Tell me, how do you plan to knock her out in the first place, assuming you can even get to her (the HQ is in lockdown, remember? Quite a few thick, reinforced blast doors you gotta go through if you want to get to her)? It can't be a physical attack, she'd phase. You probably won't have Steve on your side to remotely shut her down, if that can even be done to pure synthflesh bodies. Good luck trying to hack her, too - you'd need direct physical access, if I recall - and again, might not work for synthflesh bodies.

Oh, and let's not forget that a lot of people probably wouldn't appreciate it. Including Miyamoto.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 05, 2014, 06:57:34 am »

She's getting lynched, one way or the other.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 05, 2014, 07:24:57 am »

Have you considered that your ghost armor isnt foolproof? Or fallproof?
Or that miyamoto may choose not to protect you? or that he may be otherwise unable to do so?
Or that someone might explode another fuel tank next to you? We know that one works.
Or that the HQ doors may not hold up against angry space wizards and shapeshifting dragons?
Or that your poor targetting will have weakened our defenses enough that the UWM breaches the command center and lynches you anyway?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 05, 2014, 09:57:54 am »

http://www.wolframalpha.com/
is great for messing with large numbers or doing other time-consuming-math-you-could-get-wrong like messing with matrices.
On the other hand, I am taking a statistics class now, and I won't have access to Wolfram Alpha during the exams and such.

So I blow up the computers and feed Simus to Xan. Problem solved!
You don't know what a spotter is, do you? The spotter points to targets and tells the artillery where they are. The artillery crew/computer either follows these instructions and bombards the target, or does something wrong and shells their own position.

Okay heres the plan:

Step 1: somehow knock Simus unconscious.
Step 2: tie her arms to Xan and her legs to the thundertron.
Step 3: have them run in opposite directions
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Xan is running around engulfed in green fire and the Thundertron lies in a disassembled heap, because phase suit, grenade launcher, and mad mechanic skills. :P
Step 6: Jim, Miyamoto, et al begin punishing the lynch mob.
Step 7: Someone points out thst the targeting computers are to blame.
Step 8: SMASH THE COMPUTER!

And the thundertron has angular plate designed to deflect hypersonic projectiles, a grenade is simply gonna ricochet off and if it detonates the blast will simply flow along the armor with no force behind it.

ClF or no, grenades are only gonna damage the exterior plating which happens to be fashioned from recycled ship hulls, hulls capable of surviving atmospheric re-entry.
Right, because armor-piercing grenades are impossible.
And surviving reentry just means you are heat-resistant.

I dunno, Xan can alter his form at will. He could probably just fireproof himself and drop any damaged parts.
I doubt that. Want an in-depth explanation?

I wonder if whats left of team F would have the option to defect if we lynched her.
Your only option would be if you wanted a blindfold in your last moments or not.

She's getting lynched, one way or the other.
No. She isn't.

Have you considered that your ghost armor isnt foolproof? Or fallproof? [1]
Or that miyamoto may choose not to protect you? or that he may be otherwise unable to do so? [2]
Or that someone might explode another fuel tank next to you? We know that one works. [3]
Or that the HQ doors may not hold up against angry space wizards and shapeshifting dragons? [4]
Or that your poor targetting will have weakened our defenses enough that the UWM breaches the command center and lynches you anyway? [5]
1. Oh? And how do you intend to make that happen?
2a. Why wouldn't he?
2b. What, you're planning to lynch Simus in the middle of battle?
3. I find this highly doubtful. And that only temporarily killed her.
4. They would.
5. They wouldn't lynch her, they would execute her. And if that's the case...que sera sera. Not that I expect it, since the UWM forces are weak for now.
6. Seriously, notice the composition of this lynch mob. Auron, Xan, Lerman if he isn't permadead? Sure, one is powerful and one has a kludgebot, but against them are:
A. Jim, who never appreciates teamkilling.
B. Miyamoto, who also does not appreciate teamkilling.
C. Simus, who while not a Bastard in strength level is still pretty tough.
D. Steve, who could be called on to intervene (and probably would, at the request of his highest underlings when the governor of the planet is under attack).
E. Assorted sods and whatnot under Simus's command.
F. Damn near everyone else, who also doesn't appreciate teamkilling.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:33 am »

*misses out on most things happening*
So...did we call in the reserves yet? :S
*shame*
Yes
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1326 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:22 am »

No one is permadead so far. Everyone has made at least 2 on their death end rolls. So no, smurf, despite cursing us all with your taunting, you are not permadead.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 05, 2014, 10:52:22 am »

Hey, I for one appreciate teamkilling! ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 05, 2014, 10:55:51 am »

Hey, I for one appreciate teamkilling! ???
I also, seeming as I once punched Renen in the face and then went into a monthlong coma.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

Well, both of you are on my list then.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 05, 2014, 11:57:23 am »

Uh... how come the mission thread's locked? PW doesn't seem to be online...
Or did he lock it earlier and I just missed it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 05, 2014, 12:04:10 pm »

He probably locked it so he could write the reply without getting ninja'd five million times like usual.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 05, 2014, 12:08:44 pm »

That's what I thought at first, but he's not online. Maybe all current on-mission players had already posted and he just decided to cut down on clutter. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 05, 2014, 12:09:45 pm »

Or maybe he just did it by accident again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 05, 2014, 12:13:01 pm »

The online thing only registers if they've clicked somewhere in the last 15 minutes, and I'm pretty sure it takes him way more than 15 minutes to write a turn. :P

Aren't you screwing May in the on ship thread, instead of participating in the mission anyway? >.>
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 2205