Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2346193 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1335 on: March 05, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »

Hey, I still like to read up on all the gory details as y'all try to dodge falling artillery shells. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 05, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »

Well, both of you are on my list then.
Are you serious? I can't tell, and your avatar makes it tougher.
Look at it!

Or maybe he just did it by accident again.
The online thing only registers if they've clicked somewhere in the last 15 minutes, and I'm pretty sure it takes him way more than 15 minutes to write a turn. :P
Both possible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 05, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »

Yes, I'm shipping Xan x Yoink. What of it? I'm totally not. :p

Also, man, the default forum colors suck. Thanks for the reminder that Darkling is wayyyy better. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:57 pm »

The default works pretty well, you know. You only think Darkling is better because it gives you a way to feel superior to others. Just like those 50ppp'ers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 05, 2014, 12:27:45 pm »

Hello, I'm Nikitian's friend posting on his behalf. He recently got his tablet taken from him (officially they are banned in our army, we just have a very peculiar army in Russia <_<) and he will not be able to post for unknown time, so he asked me to drop a note.

P.S.: I have been reading ER for quite some time, and it's amazing! Maybe I'll have enough willpower to join the fun someday.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 05, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »

I don't feel superior because I use Darkling / 50 ppp, and anyone who seriously does is kind of an idiot. I just prefer Darkling because it's easier on me (I have bad eyes and sensitivity to bright colors, so the white is kind of painful) and 50 ppp because it's easier to review without having to go back two or three pages to see something. :P

@Ninja: Hi, Nikitian's friend. That sucks to hear about him, but thanks for letting us know.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 05, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »

Yes, I'm shipping Xan x Yoink. What of it? I'm totally not. :p

Also, man, the default forum colors suck. Thanks for the reminder that Darkling is wayyyy better. :P
Despite the fact that I don't know he exists, depending on what state May and Jobasio are in when I get back to the ship I may end up shoving my katana up her ass, so I guess it's valid?

Hello, I'm Nikitian's friend posting on his behalf. He recently got his tablet taken from him (officially they are banned in our army, we just have a very peculiar army in Russia <_<) and he will not be able to post for unknown time, so he asked me to drop a note.

P.S.: I have been reading ER for quite some time, and it's amazing! Maybe I'll have enough willpower to join the fun someday.
Oy.
Tell him we think of him or whatever conciliatory thing is good.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 05, 2014, 12:34:00 pm »

((Thread is locked, so I'm gonna post the thing I just typed here for the moment))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did the artillery even affect the opposing forces at all?
They took out the enemy at team C quite well. Even though we were the ones least in need of it. 'Funny' how that works out huh?
I'll note that Simus isn't actually controlling the artillery beyond telling it which enemy formation to attempt to fire in.
Simus lynch mob
Indeed, one just chooses an target aftr which Steve/the computers do the rest. Besides, it's Miya who ordered them, and as the acting commander he has final responsibility for shit like this. Not that he could really help it in any way, but still. So if you wanna lynch a guy, lynch him.

Yeah, good luck with that  :P

@IronyOwl: Inter-team communication is restricted to team leaders so the report has to go to Milno.

Oh, weird. Does that work both ways or just for members talking to leaders?
It's mostly so that, when Miya asks something ir gives an order there aren't a million people responding. And working with a command chain has other benefits, such as giving more freedom to squads while maintaining coherency.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/
is great for messing with large numbers or doing other time-consuming-math-you-could-get-wrong like messing with matrices.
Yeah, it's a nice site with a lot of features, especially handy when you need isotope information.

*misses out on most things happening*
So...did we call in the reserves yet? :S
*shame*
Yes, we need Feyri right now. To shoot stuff. Powersliding optional.

And the thundertron has angular plate designed to deflect hypersonic projectiles, a grenade is simply gonna ricochet off and if it detonates the blast will simply flow along the armor with no force behind it.
It has a vulnerable underbelly, and it's quite slow. Also, angular whatever won't really help you if the armor itself is crap.

Or that miyamoto may choose not to protect you? or that he may be otherwise unable to do so?
He would protect any teammate from harm unless said person is judged in a fair trial by his peers. And if he's unable to do it, that won't protect you from his vengeance afterwards.

I wonder if whats left of team F would have the option to defect if we lynched her.
This is the UWM, they'll kill anybody even slightly involved in this rebellion, regardless of surrendering.
No one is permadead so far. Everyone has made at least 2 on their death end rolls. So no, smurf, despite cursing us all with your taunting, you are not permadead.
Yeah, thanks for being a bit lenient with us PW. I know shit happens, but still, you probably could've permakilled a few of us and it would have been entirely justified.
Well, both of you are on my list then.
It's like Santa's list, but for psychic spanking.

It's frankly kinda amazing how bad those rolls were. I mean, in order for you to have one of the shots even miss the target you have to roll lower then 3. For it to even have a chance of hitting you, you need a 1. And for it to actually hit you, another 1 or 2. You have to roll 1-1 or 1-2 otherwise they don't hurt you. And thats like what? A 6% chance at worst? More like 5%?  1/20?  And it happened 3 times! Thats a 1/8000 Chance!

Math time!

Chance for friendly fire for one shot = 2/36 = 5.5% (6*6=36 and there are two combinations that result in friendly fire)
Chance for that to happen 3 times in a row = (2/36)^3 = 8/46656 = 0.017%

Now, it didn't exactly happen three times in a straight row, but it's close enough to see these are some low odds. Now, let's see how much friendly fire we can expect from 1 full volley (that's all 6 mortars and the two heavy guns firing).

Chance for friendly fire for one shot = 2/36
Chance for not getting friendly fire (so a miss or enemy hit) for one shot = 34/36 = 94.4%
Chance for not getting friendly fire (so a miss or enemy hit) for eight shots = (34/36)^8 = 63.3%
Chance at getting friendly fire at least once for eight shots = 100% - 63.3% = 36.7%

Quite higher than expected, I think. More than 1/3 chance that at least one shell will give catastrophic results every time we fire all of them.

Recommendation: charge dynamic bonus before every shot, except when in dire need.

FAKE EDIT: yes, thanks for the heads up Nik's friend, send him our regards. Also tell him EVERYBODY IS DYING OH GOD THE HORROR. That should keep him thinking for a while  :P

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 05, 2014, 12:35:34 pm »

We have a plan to give him a new cheap Chinese one (so it wouldn't be a pity to have it taken away again) when we visit him next time, so he has a hope to continue before his demobee, though. I've already told him about your last problems, so he has what to think about. :3
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:26 pm »

That's what I thought at first, but he's not online. Maybe all current on-mission players had already posted and he just decided to cut down on clutter. *shrug*
He was online shortly before your post according to his profile. It's pretty sure he locked the thread himself.

Thanks for letting us know. I hope it won't be too long before we hear from him again.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 05, 2014, 12:51:35 pm »

Hello, I'm Nikitian's friend posting on his behalf. He recently got his tablet taken from him (officially they are banned in our army, we just have a very peculiar army in Russia <_<)
I hope he gets it back soon, but I have a few questions...

1. Why does the Russian army have a tablet ban?
2. Why did Nikitan violate the ban?
3. Um...I hope you don't mind me prying, but...where is Nikitan, at the moment? If the answer ends up anywhere near the Crimean region, could you transmit my (and presumably all of our) hopes that he comes out of this thing OK?
Sig

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 05, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »

I hope he gets it back soon, but I have a few questions...

1. Why does the Russian army have a tablet ban?
2. Why did Nikitan violate the ban?
3. Um...I hope you don't mind me prying, but...where is Nikitan, at the moment? If the answer ends up anywhere near the Crimean region, could you transmit my (and presumably all of our) hopes that he comes out of this thing OK?
The Russian army has every ban possible and no bans at all at the same time. Meaning, officially you can have your personal belongings but without any radio transmitters (including mobile phones), and in reality every private has his mobile phone, someone has tablets (like Nikitian) and so on and everyone can have his belongings taken away for some reason -- it depends on the officers' whims. It's a very messed up thing, believe me. Officially, he violated the ban on transmitting devices all this time, but nobody really follows that law close.
Officially there never have been any Russian soldiers sent to Crimea. In reality, things are pretty messed up here as well, but, luckily, it looks like for now Nikitian is out of danger -- he is not a contracted soldier, but a conscript, and they have some (spoken, not written AFAIK) guarantees that they will not just be sent to some war. We have him calling us every day now, though, just in case.

EDIT: grammar, I make lots of mistakes when write fast.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:16:30 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 05, 2014, 01:41:31 pm »

Where were they "officially" sending the soldiers?

Here's hoping things get better before they can get worse.
Sig

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 05, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »

Officially there were big military drills held all over the country and people were sent only to the borders. The word "officially" is used often here recently and has some kind of sarcasm tinge. :3

EDIT: Things look like they are calming down from yesterday, but you can never be sure... We all hope this will end peacefully, though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:53:19 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1349 on: March 05, 2014, 02:09:05 pm »

Unfortunate. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Also, always glad to hear we have another happy reader. Feel free to join whenever you want. Or don't. Either way is fine.  :P

Thread is unlocked now, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 2205