Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356639 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2715 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:18 am »

Both.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: April 14, 2014, 11:35:03 am »

No, just the latter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: April 14, 2014, 11:37:06 am »

Well, the fact that he keeps on arguing long past the point where most people would say 'fuckit I'm out' implies he cares on some level. As someone who has difficulty caring about anything (on purpose), I find that impressive.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: April 14, 2014, 11:40:46 am »

I think it's tracked in imaginary numbers now.
...How does that even work?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: April 14, 2014, 11:41:36 am »

Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: April 14, 2014, 11:57:09 am »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: April 14, 2014, 12:59:23 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
If you don't stop making so many assumptions, I'm going to be dropping the whole argument.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2722 on: April 14, 2014, 01:36:16 pm »

THOU SHALT SUFFER A HOOKER TO LIVE. Maurice screamed in fury and defiance, his voice barely recognizable.
Keep holding the damned knife!
Are you doing the equivalent of tiring an enraged animal into submission but replacing the animal with your knife, your body with your mind and you standing on the animal while it tries to get you off its back to you holding the knife and doing nothing while it messes with your mind?
Or are you thinking that perhaps after a while your mind will get used to it and start blocking the knife's influence?

There are so many xkcd comics I could apply to GWG and syvarris...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: April 14, 2014, 01:50:46 pm »

If you don't stop making so many assumptions, I'm going to be dropping the whole argument.
???
 :-\
 :o
 :)
 ;D

I'll answer you later today/tonight.

@lw in Tinker thread.
I'm gonna be brutally honest here- your design isn't gonna work if only because of cost.  If I'm generous, I'd price the whole assembly you're adding at 2 tokens.  Really, it would be 4 (2 for laser, 1 for eye, 1 for a  gimble).

But even assuming that it's only two token, how useful is it?  I think you're trying to make something like an XM25, but the rocket rifle is more of an anti-tank weapon; I don't think airbursting it is goint to be very effective.  Or it'll require specialty HE ammo.

Then there's the difficulty of actually getting it to airburst in the right spot, which I think was an issue with the XM25's predecessor.  Adding a rangfinder will probably add another token, and without it you're going to have to program the distance in manually, which is.. not desirable.

So, for a price between two and five tokens, you add a finicky airburst function to a weapon that eats through concrete .  easily.  Nobody would buy it over a sibilus.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: April 14, 2014, 02:09:42 pm »

I think it's tracked in imaginary numbers now.
...How does that even work?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUq1hWELKd0

That's a banger.

There were these guys in school getting into a really heated argument over the concept of free socks. Reminded me of, well, you know.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: April 14, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »

There are so many xkcd comics I could apply to GWG and syvarris...

That's probably the biggest one.
Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 14, 2014, 03:06:04 pm »

Nobody would buy it over a Sibilus.

Why thank you.

Iw, the basic idea is sound, but I think you're going about it in a very roundabout fashion. To start with, the gyrojet bullets the rocket rifle uses aren't explosive, and trying to airburst a nonexplosive doesn't work too well. While it could conceivably work with a high enough power laser vaporizing part of the mass of the bullet with sufficient power to induce impulsive shock and fragment the remainder, it would be horrendously inefficient. So your best bet is to use ammo with some kind of explosive warhead, but even then, you still won't get much: The size of the bullet is to small (for reference, the Sibilus has a 75-round helical magazine and is still compact enough to potentially qualify as a PDW instead of an assault rifle). Your best bet would be to up the scale and use explosive munitions, but then you get into the issue of price. And the fact that I've already pretty much done the same apart from the airburst system itself, except based on Gauss, which leaves more room for the warheads.

???
 :-\
 :o
 :)
 ;D

I'll answer you later today/tonight.

(√(-shit))2
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:19:23 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:52 pm »

@Parisbre56 Trying to condition the mind to resist the knife's influence routinely, while training willpower along the way.
It's just like the use of the gym in the Rec hall only with sprains and broken bones replaced with innards spilled out and permanent mental trauma. There is absolutely nothing that could go wrong! :P

@syvarris, Pyrodesu Isn't that lw, not Kedly? Also, the rocket rifle rounds appear to be "high-explosive tipped", not that it changes much. All in all, I support the notion that basing the design off Sibilus might've been a better idea, as well as scaling the calibre up; perhaps adding shrapnel to the load (not just HE) to exploit the possibilities of mid-air explosion further. Now, just to check: has Simus tried/ever planned to make an upscaled version of Sibilus? Because, if anything, a full-blown gauss/rocket launcher (likely with guidance systems and other neat stuff) would be rather nice, to fill the niche between 'simple' gauss cannon and 'frakkin siege weapon' LESHO rifle.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 14, 2014, 04:08:36 pm »

PEOPLE TO MURDER YAY
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 14, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »

-snip-
To start with, the gyrojet bullets the rocket rifle uses aren't explosive, and trying to airburst a nonexplosive doesn't work too well.
-snip-
The size of the bullet is to small (for reference, the Sibilus has a 75-round helical magazine and is still compact enough to potentially qualify as a PDW instead of an assault rifle).
-snip-
First, Listen to this person.  They know more about this than... anyone else in ER.  Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Despite that, there's two issues, which I left intact.  First, the rocket rifle is listed as firing explosive-tipped rounds in the armory.  Second, both the sibilus and rocket rifle require a str of 5 to even hold.  Considering the gauss rifle, which fires a 20mm, requires only three str, and a cutting laser, which is undeniably massive, also requires five, I think it's quite a bit larger than PDW size.

(√(-shit))2
...That isn't a real number.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 2205