Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2320000 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2775 on: April 15, 2014, 09:50:05 am »

Syr[sic] trying to usurp GWG from his soapbox throne. I wonder if these two will ever decide to end their dispute in the ring?
I'm not trying to usurp him; I'm just arguing with him because I enjoy arguing.  ???
also there's a 'v' in 'syv'

Just out of curiosity, what complaints? And which gimmicks?
Ugh, first,  I was in an argumentative mood when I answered, thanks to GWG.

But there's just a lot of little things.  Like the smartgun.   Or being told that all the AI are basically worthless cannon fodder that are there as eye candy, and pose no real threat.  And the actual giant mech mechanic; it seems like it would either make the game unfun to play when not in a mech, or have the mechs not be powerful enough to really satisfy their purpose.  And other things, which I don't feel like listing out.

Please don't reply.

-snip-
...The hell are you doing?  You do realize that's pointless, right?

I'm hoping they get the romantic ending instead, where they make sweet forbidden love to each other and afterwards build a relationship based on arguing who left the toilet seat up, despite the fact that they're both male.

I'd argue, but my cursory knowledge of psychology points towards me getting into a relationship like that.

...You're just trying to get PW to make that sex thread aren't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Being_Right
Ooo, thanks!  That's pretty interesting.

I already know  most of those strategies (I've used several just with GWG), but that would probably be an interesting read nonetheless.  Have you ever read "The Art of Deception"?

Spoiler: @GWG (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 15, 2014, 10:18:24 am »

I think that's the first time that's ever happened.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2777 on: April 15, 2014, 10:57:19 am »

I already know  most of those strategies (I've used several just with GWG), but that would probably be an interesting read nonetheless.  Have you ever read "The Art of Deception"?
No, but a book listing all kinds of user errors does sound interesting. Not that I'm very good with deception but it will probably help with defence.
Also, that site you linked before is good.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 15, 2014, 11:34:39 am »

@Paris: Debating whether Milno would understand what Paris said as a call to arms. And I'm also wondering what the sods would do to Flint. In the best of scenarios, both him and Thaddeus would be taken into custody and we end up inside the bridge.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2779 on: April 15, 2014, 11:43:58 am »

@Paris: Debating whether Milno would understand what Paris said as a call to arms. And I'm also wondering what the sods would do to Flint. In the best of scenarios, both him and Thaddeus would be taken into custody and we end up inside the bridge.
Depends on what's their standard procedure with people with no ID and whether or not the Sods would contact someone else or just take us to a security station or wait for someone else to get there. If you wanna risk that, I'm game. Flint's all for taking risks.

And I asked "Drake?" (which translates to "Duck?") to Thaddeus because if I go ahead with plan Vehicular Sodslaughter we might get shot and he might want to duck and take cover. You would probably realise that something is wrong once shots start getting fired. If Thaddeus' message doesn't clue you in. Although you can probably hear what's going on through the box. Or Skylar can tell you. If he doesn't want to go ahead, he can say something else, like "Electron". Or use private comms. Or just say no. Or start silently killing sods, like his action indicates.

EDIT: To clarify, my action says not to attack if Thaddeus starts silently killing sods.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:47:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 15, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »

My last post was only half-finished and I got it in before hurrying off the computer to get something done.

In short, I wanted to mention we should probably take care of the sods without a lot of noise so we can still try to bluff our way into the bridge in case they don't have cameras watching us. Even if the keycards don't work, having Flint ask for people to open the door like we're being chased by someone may get us in. Though I've been tired these last days and my brain isn't braining correctly anyway. Right now killing all the sods and brute-forcing our way in already seems very alluring just because it's simple, for example.

@Some people: Remember to add your team's name to your post.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2781 on: April 15, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »

I guess I could modify my action a bit, but without some sort of plan, I don't know what to modify it to. My options are a bit limited here, I can
1. talk to the radio
2. follow the sod's orders and hope I can disarm or bluff the sod before he decides to shoot me or that you manage to silently kill them
3. use the vehicle and lasers to shoot em while the rest do the same in the hopes that we can get this done as fast as possible without attracting too much attention.

There's also the option to have Skylar push the elevator's close door button and we leave and look for an alternate entrance.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2782 on: April 15, 2014, 12:37:00 pm »

I bet jim is glad we have an OOC thread at this point.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: April 15, 2014, 12:39:13 pm »

I'd argue, but my cursory knowledge of psychology points towards me getting into a relationship like that.
...You're just trying to get PW to make that sex thread aren't you?

Originally not, but now that you mention it: hey pw, where's that shipping thread? I need moar slashfic!  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I bet jim is glad we have an OOC thread at this point.
I bet he is.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:31 pm »

I'm still about ten seconds from putting GWG and Syv on the ignore list anyway. :|
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 15, 2014, 12:44:27 pm »

To be fair, Flint's the unarmored guy with his ass actually on the line and the character is yours, so it's up to you. Do you want to keep trying to speech-roll the sods while you obey their orders to buy time or would you rather just have us get into action already?
>Yes?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2786 on: April 15, 2014, 12:56:23 pm »

To be fair, Flint's the unarmored guy with his ass actually on the line and the character is yours, so it's up to you. Do you want to keep trying to speech-roll the sods while you obey their orders to buy time or would you rather just have us get into action already?
I guess I could trade a few more time for a bit less cover and firepower.
I just hope the Sod doesn't shoot me in the head.
I'll write a new action in a few moments and hope piecewise hasn't started writing the turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 15, 2014, 01:09:04 pm »

Well, you could try fooling the people from the All or Maintenance channel into believing the sods are causing unnecessary trouble and you saw something strange back there and oh my god you just want to get to the safety of the bridge.

And the offer of just having Milno get to the "killing" part is still up.
>Yes?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: April 15, 2014, 02:16:34 pm »

I'm still about ten seconds from putting GWG and Syv on the ignore list anyway. :|

...Why me?  :(  I said I'd stop if I was annoying people, and they let me know.

Or is it a matter of principle, as I was being a jerk?  In that case it's entirely justified. >.>

@Paris' group
Couldn't your amp users link up to Flint's camera feed and use it to microwave sod brains while Flint just lets them do whatever?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: April 15, 2014, 02:25:51 pm »

Their gunners can't be such bad shots as to miss a planet, can they?

Did they go to the same gunnery school as our artillery?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 2205