Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319912 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2925 on: April 17, 2014, 09:26:05 pm »

@ Paris

Yeah i was thinking something along those lines anyways, and I think you said it better, so...Imma just go ahead and steal the whole thing
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2926 on: April 17, 2014, 09:45:36 pm »

@ Paris

Yeah i was thinking something along those lines anyways, and I think you said it better, so...Imma just go ahead and steal the whole thing
Plagiarism! Piracy! Madness! Sparta!
Nah, it's cool.
Edited my action a bit.

@syvarris: Winning is easy. You just say you win and you believe it. Optionally maybe get a few more people to believe it and you're done.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:30 pm »

The problem about Thaddeus' current answer is that the sods seem to know the people with those IDs were sent off somewhere with a work order. If we are lucky, the documents should still be with you guys since you took everything that looked important and wasn't attached to their body, am I correct? I'm not sure workers are supposed to know their work order by memory. When Joker team infiltrated Hephaestus, we flashed some falsified work orders and IDs, IIRC.

And in the end, it seems shit will happen anyway.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:57:30 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: April 17, 2014, 10:21:28 pm »

Ah, damnit. Forgot about that. Time to edit action.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: April 17, 2014, 11:47:50 pm »

I find it hilarious that Sean did that so soon after I demonstrated, the, ah, futility.  I mean,  I was lying using tried and true political strategies, and I still couldn't win.  What makes you think logic would prevail?
Because at the core of my favored approach to life's problems lies the assertion that just because something is deemed impossible, it is not a good enough reason not to attempt it in earnest.

I didn't think logic would prevail. But I felt like giving it a shot. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2930 on: April 18, 2014, 04:10:49 am »

The problem about Thaddeus' current answer is that the sods seem to know the people with those IDs were sent off somewhere with a work order. If we are lucky, the documents should still be with you guys since you took everything that looked important and wasn't attached to their body, am I correct? I'm not sure workers are supposed to know their work order by memory. When Joker team infiltrated Hephaestus, we flashed some falsified work orders and IDs, IIRC.

I think the people whose suits we stole didn't even knew the ship was under attack. Too busy listening to music.

Anyway, the sods seem to simultaneously be one of the best and more realistic and yet incredible dense guards.
If we're lucky, we'll be able to move out next turn.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: April 18, 2014, 06:52:53 am »

I think the people whose suits we stole didn't even knew the ship was under attack. Too busy listening to music.

Anyway, the sods seem to simultaneously be one of the best and more realistic and yet incredible dense guards.
If we're lucky, we'll be able to move out next turn.
I'll be amazed and laughing if this actually works out in the end.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: April 18, 2014, 08:47:51 am »

Matter converter Amps/Manipulators. All they need is matter, any matter. They could take dirt and turn it into uranium. Hell, Miyamoto created C4 from dirt. Traditional mining has a lot of waste material, whether it's oreless rock from between veins, or slag from the smelting process. With a Matter Converter Automanipulator, the shove all that in one end, and get high grade hull plates out the other. Material and weight don't matter to the UWM. They have the tools to circumvent the problems modern space exploration faces.
Why waste the dirt? Even shaving a mere 1% of the required mass off of a ship means that an entity the size of the UWM can get dozens if not hundreds more warships.
And, of course, that's assuming that the UWM uses mass converter space magic extensively in spaceship construction.

I didn't think logic would prevail.
Hey!

((God help us, there is no way this is ending well))
This is new?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: April 18, 2014, 09:10:18 am »

Grate grumbles at Lars's interpretation of events.
Cue Grate, completely entombed in the mass of opaque and radiowave-inhibiting metal on the floor, being accidentally forgotten and left behind in the commotion.

I wonder if this future has a Home Alone sequel along those lines...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: April 18, 2014, 09:28:35 am »

Grate grumbles at Lars's interpretation of events.
Cue Grate, completely entombed in the mass of opaque and radiowave-inhibiting metal on the floor, being accidentally forgotten and left behind in the commotion.
Do you really think no one would notice his absence?
"Hey, Lars, where's Grate?"
"Um, who?"
"The kid who Feyri and Jim took a shine to, who's good with mechanical stuff and is basically immortal?"
"He--oh, right. Immortal."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: April 18, 2014, 09:41:58 am »

Oh, he'd be fine.  Once he starved to death he'd pop out somewhere safe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: April 18, 2014, 09:59:43 am »

1. He'd probably die of asphyxiation first. Or thirst, if the suit managed to cycle air with another of its oft-unmentioned capabilities.
2. He'd be rescued before he could die of thirst, because people care about him. Simus isn't about to leave a handyman behind.
3. How does that end well for Lars, again?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: April 18, 2014, 10:02:34 am »

1. He'd probably die of asphyxiation first. Or thirst, if the suit managed to cycle air with another of its oft-unmentioned capabilities.

Of course it can recycle air.  Several missions have been in airless voids; the yearlong mission had players out there for days.

2. He'd be rescued before he could die of thirst, because people care about him. Simus isn't about to leave a handyman behind.

*whistles innocently*

3. How does that end well for Lars, again?

Irrelevant.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: April 18, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

Because they've probably done that? I agree that the UWM will probably design their ships to be "light". But the ships still weigh enough that they would collapse under their own mass if they ever landed on a planet without one of the special docking cages the Sword is currently in. That's still an enormous amount of mass. Sure, the amount of heat poured into the corridor would have buckled it to hell, and maybe some adjacent corridors too. But you might as well have tried to distort a metal plate with a match than actually affect the superstructure of the ship.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2939 on: April 18, 2014, 10:55:43 am »

My finger is hovering above the "Vent OOC compartment" here.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 2205