Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319492 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2940 on: April 18, 2014, 10:56:25 am »

My finger is hovering above the "Vent OOC compartment" here.
Doooo eet. Space them all!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 18, 2014, 11:01:15 am »

Of course it can recycle air.  Several missions have been in airless voids; the yearlong mission had players out there for days.
Really? I thought they returned to base more often than that.

*whistles innocently*
Simus knows that won't happen again.

Irrelevant.
Hardly.

Because they've probably done that? I agree that the UWM will probably design their ships to be "light". But the ships still weigh enough that they would collapse under their own mass if they ever landed on a planet without one of the special docking cages the Sword is currently in. That's still an enormous amount of mass. Sure, the amount of heat poured into the corridor would have buckled it to hell, and maybe some adjacent corridors too. But you might as well have tried to distort a metal plate with a match than actually affect the superstructure of the ship.
Assuming that the ship is actually that solid. Which, given that it has (relatively) spacious corridors without equipment poking through, it probably isn't.

My finger is hovering above the "Vent OOC compartment" here.
You want all this crap in the IC threads?

>When we leave, simus and her crew may get the opportunity to do so, should they build the facilities...
I approve of this plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 18, 2014, 11:02:15 am »

Hey, at least I'm limiting it to one argument instead of massive walls of text. And if GWG decides to continue, I'll take it to PMs.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 18, 2014, 11:08:25 am »

I would rather be defrosted in a way that does not involve an amp or manipulator, thank you. And I think that if he could, Dubley might say the same, especially since it's part of his head, potentially the brain, that's frozen.
So I take it we won't need to post an action for Simus then?

You want all this crap in the IC threads?
I think he'd prefer the crap to not be there in the first place.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 18, 2014, 11:41:44 am »

That probably isn't an option. We're going to generate crap related, in one way or another, to ER.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 18, 2014, 12:41:45 pm »

That probably isn't an option. We're going to generate crap related, in one way or another, to ER.
Perhaps. I kinda suspect though he was referring to the kind of discussions where both parties forget what half their talking points were about.

"Avatars don't seek pure destruction. Their motives are difficult to comprehend, but they move with purpose. Their purpose is what you must discover. It is difficult to say. The VR probably would not be able to simulate it, to begin with. But it shouldn't bleed over into the real body. The restraints switch neural circuits.

"The first I can't tell you. Altering behavior is difficult, if not impossible while keeping the creature whole. Emphatic link or chemical programming, difficult to say. Maybe both. "
Very interesting, all this. It seems the Doc just gave Miya a long-term goal to work towards.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 18, 2014, 12:45:52 pm »

Did you try asking the avatar?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 18, 2014, 12:52:38 pm »

Can he even communicate with the Avatar?

...Can the Avatar even communicate?
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:00 pm »

Did you try asking the avatar?
Not yet, but it's on the to do list. Want to ensure that Miya can't hurt anybody should he lose control (since I think communicating with the avatar will require to drop the neural constraints at least partially, seems logical) before I try that, and there's plenty other avenues of research before trying it out. Gonna ask Steve if I can use that armored defense room for example.

Can he even communicate with the Avatar?

...Can the Avatar even communicate?
Probably, though maybe not with language, but with emushions feelings or general concepts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:55:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2949 on: April 18, 2014, 01:22:26 pm »

If I was an avatar, I wouldn't be feeling so well being a slave to a human. Perhaps you need to develop some sort of relationship with it where you listen to it. Where you are more equal. Or something like that. I dunno, just a half-formed idea I had.

Edit: Like those "A boy and his X" stories where the protagonist needs to become friends with his X and learn how to set egoism aside to work well together and increase their strength through the power of friendship.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:39:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 18, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »

If I was an avatar, I wouldn't be feeling so well being a slave to a human. Perhaps you need to develop some sort of relationship with it where you listen to it. Where you are more equal. Or something like that. I dunno, just a half-formed idea I had.

Edit: Like those "A boy and his X" stories where the protagonist needs to become friends with his X and learn how to set egoism aside to work well together and increase their strength through the power of messily murdering dozens.
FTFY

But yes, you're right, I'm not expecting to be BFF's with the Avatar (gonna give him a name sometime soon, once an opportunity presents itself IC) right of the start. But hey, baby steps. Let's first see if I can try to establish communications with it in a somewhat safe manner.

My guess right now is that it'll have a desire for freedom or something. After all, Avatars are feared for their destructive capabilities, so even when they are not being used they're kept in captivity, so to speak. And when a pilot enters and they finally get a chance to get out there and do what they do best, even then they are locked away behind mental restraints and dampeners. Gotta be pretty frustrating for an intelligent being.

So yeah, if I can somehow communicate with it, I'd try to convey that I'm willing to give it some more freedom, in return for it to 'restrain itself' so to speak and not go lolberserk everytime he's left out of his mental cage.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:59:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 18, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »

Edit: Like those "A boy and his X" stories where the protagonist needs to become friends with his X and learn how to set egoism aside to work well together and increase their strength through the power of messily murdering dozens.
FTFY

But yes, you're right, I'm not expecting to be BFF's with the Avatar (gonna give him a name sometime soon, once an opportunity presents itself IC) right of the start. But hey, baby steps. Let's first see if I can try to establish communications with it in a somewhat safe manner.

My guess right now is that it'll have a desire for freedom or something. After all, Avatars are feared for their destructive capabilities, so even when they are not being used there are kept in captivity, so to speak, and when they do get a chance to get out there and do what they do best, even then they are locked away behind mental restraints and dampeners. Gotta be pretty frustrating for an intelligent being.

So yeah, if I can somehow communicate with it, I'd try to convey that I'm willing to give it more freedom, in return for it to 'restrain itself' so to speak and not go lolberserk everytime he's left out of his mental cage.
What if its a she? If avatars have any idea what gender is in the first place that is.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 18, 2014, 02:13:36 pm »

Speak for yourself. :P
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 18, 2014, 02:59:25 pm »

You're generating a fair quantity of crap yourself, TCM.
Sig

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 18, 2014, 03:05:52 pm »

You're generating a fair quantity of crap yourself, TCM.

You'll notice that it never devolved into Unwinnable OOC Arguments. I can concede.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 2205