Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2346814 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3120 on: April 23, 2014, 11:25:09 pm »

I killed the team leader accidentally and am now playing deadly hangman.
Is that all?
What were you expecting? Someone to write a story where a seaside kingdom was terrorized by a great gold wyrm and a writer by the name of Piecewise succeeds in banishing said beast by constructing a magical cesspool and using the power of a divine Toad? :P
No, just...well...more chaos. That sounds almost like what's supposed to be happening! What happened to Bay12 while I was gone?!?

Well, to be fair, there was more chaos than that, but that is the basic gist of it.

The slightly extended version is that me and NAV got stuck to a dartboard. NAV got shot 3 times in the gut and managed not to die from it. (bastard :P) Then I got pegged in the skull by knifes, courtesy Xan, while the rest of the contestants tried to have a brawl.

And now we're playing hangman. Xan is the man. We're planning to hang him :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 23, 2014, 11:45:53 pm »

I killed the team leader accidentally and am now playing deadly hangman.
Is that all?
What were you expecting? Someone to write a story where a seaside kingdom was terrorized by a great gold wyrm and a writer by the name of Piecewise succeeds in banishing said beast by constructing a magical cesspool and using the power of a divine Toad? :P
No, just...well...more chaos. That sounds almost like what's supposed to be happening! What happened to Bay12 while I was gone?!?

Well, to be fair, there was more chaos than that, but that is the basic gist of it.

The slightly extended version is that me and NAV got stuck to a dartboard. NAV got shot 3 times in the gut and managed not to die from it. (bastard :P) Then I got pegged in the skull by knifes, courtesy Xan, while the rest of the contestants tried to have a brawl.

If by brawl you mean the three people on red team charging me and trying to harm me with various degrees of success while Xan killed you and Toaster mutilated your corpse.

EDIT: Speaking of red team...hey Toaster, are you up for some backstage shenanigans? I'll need you to distract Allen and Magarth for me. It can only end well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:49:30 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 23, 2014, 11:50:43 pm »

Hmm?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:20 pm »

I'll PM my plan to you.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 24, 2014, 12:23:50 am »

Wait, what?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 24, 2014, 01:40:43 am »

I'm keeping my eyes on you two
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:42:36 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:22 am »

If by brawl you mean the three people on red team charging me and trying to harm me with various degrees of success while Xan killed you and Toaster mutilated your corpse.
EDIT: Speaking of red team...hey Toaster, are you up for some backstage shenanigans? I'll need you to distract Allen and Magarth for me. It can only end well.
That's more like it.

((So, standard ARM procedure for injured allies? Loot everything and drag them along behind?))
((Sounds about right, standard AURON procedure for injured allies however is to stick them in a sack and run. It also happens to be standard procedure when encountering injured enemies, damaged equipment, random civilians and wild animals.))
Remind me never to go on a mission with Auron.

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
Someone should tell Angel that he has a girl's name. Maybe Auron.
Onetwothree NOT IT!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3127 on: April 24, 2014, 09:55:20 am »

Why is Angel a girl's name? I know a statistically significant number of guys called Angel. It's not a very common male name but it does exist.

Semi-related: My highschool headmaster was named Archangel Gabriel. First name Archangel, last name Gabriel. His mother must have been very religious or maybe just had a weird sense of humour.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:05 am »

News to me.

Heck, if my last name was Gabriel, I'd name my kid Angel. Archangel, if it wasn't too silly. Which it kinda is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3129 on: April 24, 2014, 11:18:04 am »

Angel is considered masculine in Spanish and Latin countries, I believe, while it is a basically never used feminine name in America and (Maybe) other English countries.

If I remember right, Michele is a male name in french but female in English too. Language is a funny thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:50 am »

Indeed. Even when it's the same, sometimes.
Sig

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »

Plus, considering that only two of the current ARM operatives come from the same planet, there's bound to be weird naming shenanigans.   I wouldn't be surprised if there's a world that names most kids after elements (Although I'd be surprised if it isn't Simus' homeworld).

And gender equality is probably advanced to the point of insanity on some worlds.  Maybe Auron would find it weird if anyone with blond hair has a name that doesn't start with "S".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 24, 2014, 12:27:58 pm »

Plus, considering that only two of the current ARM operatives come from the same planet, there's bound to be weird naming shenanigans.
*glances at Grate*

You might wanna put Flint IN his MK2. It would probably provide better medical aid them Skylar right now.
A MK1 would probably provide better medical aid...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 12:53:52 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3133 on: April 24, 2014, 01:37:07 pm »

Seeing RC mention the Young Experiment reminded me, we should do a trivia page on the wiki or something similar. Add all the stuff we've heard being mentioned but know nothing about and all the prophetic things people have seen (Lars' god of math or Faith's vision for example), stuff like that.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 24, 2014, 01:38:32 pm »

Seeing RC mention the Young Experiment reminded me, we should do a trivia page on the wiki or something similar. Add all the stuff we've heard being mentioned but know nothing about and all the prophetic things people have seen (Lars' god of math or Faith's vision for example), stuff like that.

Maybe a section labeled 'mysteries, riddles and unknowns' or something like that?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 2205