Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2353896 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3255 on: April 27, 2014, 07:24:43 pm »

Just to point out, a break triple your recommended length didn't help last week. Familiar with Einstein's definition of insanity?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: April 27, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »

Did you keep reading or did you leave entirely?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: April 27, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »

In any case there is no point to this argument, you can just respawn and someones already offered you some DD to make up for what youve lost. Just jump back in, get your money and find an excuse to dogpile someone else.
But what's to stop everyone for killing me again for some stupid offense they shouldn't know about without me getting a roll for it? Why should I play the game, when I do so at the pleasure of all you jerks?

Why are you so sure you didn't get a roll for it? PW hasn't been showing any of the rolls for this game, audience or otherwise. (something I rather enjoy) And it was *highly* unlikely that you would succeed, given the number of people against you. (A 5 in the appropriate place would have done it, but otherwise there wasn't much for it)

I do think we need to cut down on the audience behavior a lot. The audience is not the game, the audience is *watching* the game. Audience actions should be restricted to interactions with the game, with actions like murdering fellow audience members either outright ignored or completely lacking a penalty to the victim. The audience isn't the competitors. I don't even think of them as being the *next* competitors. They're just mysterious observers whose only relationship with the competitors is that they'll occasionally shoot them for no reason, and that for some reason they give all of their money to a competitor the same day the observer mysteriously disappear from the audience :P

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: April 27, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »

who even cares
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: April 27, 2014, 08:17:56 pm »

I only care because at this rate GWG is going to get himself muted again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: April 27, 2014, 08:46:26 pm »

Oh well yeah that would be bad. He's actually fun to play with.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: April 27, 2014, 09:55:55 pm »

I left entirely for a few days. Wait, how did you not notice? I'm on your team!

Oh well yeah that would be bad. He's actually fun to play with.
Thank you. Please don't kill my character for no good reason. That makes me angry.
In case you hadn't gathered.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:59 pm »

But the audience are cut-outs, not characters.
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: April 27, 2014, 10:52:49 pm »

I left entirely for a few days. Wait, how did you not notice? I'm on your team!

Nah, he was asking if, even though you couldn't post, you still read the forums. He's suggesting a siesta away from the forums in its entirety, no reading, no posting, nadda, and to just relax a bit. Indulge in some hobbies, play some video games, work on that setting you've been meaning to make, read a few books, insert generic thing people do, etc.

You'd be surprised how much time these forums can eat away from you, its nice to get away every now and again to refresh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: April 28, 2014, 01:52:42 am »

Then why are you arguing about it now?!?

Maybe because you were already arguing about it?!
But yeah, I'm hoping this argument isn't going to continue any further. As Toaster said, if it keeps up you might get muted again.
Believe me, I toned down this post for fear of consigning myself to the same fate. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: April 28, 2014, 02:53:39 am »

*glances at thread*
*glances at Toaster and the rest*

*hugs GWG and the everyone else*

C'mon guys...drop the armed nukes and probable malevolent ulterior motives.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: April 28, 2014, 03:15:17 am »

...drop the armed nukes...
As a fellow, as of this moment, participant in the "Most Blatant Comical Missing Of A Point" championship, I'd like to point out that dropping armed nukes is a terribly unsafe way of attempting to defuse a situation involving armed nukes.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:09 am »

But what's to stop everyone for killing me again for some stupid offense they shouldn't know about without me getting a roll for it? Why should I play the game, when I do so at the pleasure of all you jerks?
Because we wouldn't do the same thing again now that we know how serious this is for you.

C'mon guys...drop the armed nukes and probable malevolent ulterior motives.
While I won't speak on another's behalf, I'm fairly certain that nobody had any 'malevolent ulterior motives'. I didn't, at least. It was just a (failed, apparently) attempt at creating some fun for fellow audience members. If you were really that attached to that guy, you should've been more clear about it (I really did think 'Use Magic Dope Slap technique' indicated you were down for some silliness). I'll be sure to ask permission for full blown murder first next time (though that does kinda defeat the purpose, doesn't it?)
So yeah, I can offer no more than sincere apologies at this point, and I hope you can continue to enjoy the game.

I do think we need to cut down on the audience behavior a lot. The audience is not the game, the audience is *watching* the game. Audience actions should be restricted to interactions with the game, with actions like murdering fellow audience members either outright ignored or completely lacking a penalty to the victim. The audience isn't the competitors. I don't even think of them as being the *next* competitors. They're just mysterious observers whose only relationship with the competitors is that they'll occasionally shoot them for no reason, and that for some reason they give all of their money to a competitor the same day the observer mysteriously disappear from the audience
Sure, if PW tells us to shut up and sit down, then we will, no doubt about it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:37:59 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: April 28, 2014, 07:36:09 am »

But the audience are cut-outs, not characters.
What's the difference, and where's the clause in the OP that states such?

Nah, he was asking if, even though you couldn't post, you still read the forums. He's suggesting a siesta away from the forums in its entirety, no reading, no posting, nadda, and to just relax a bit. Indulge in some hobbies, play some video games, work on that setting you've been meaning to make, read a few books, insert generic thing people do, etc.
You'd be surprised how much time these forums can eat away from you, its nice to get away every now and again to refresh.
Ah.
Nope, I didn't read the forums either.

If you were really that attached to that guy, you should've been more clear about it (I really did think 'Use Magic Dope Slap technique' indicated you were down for some silliness).
In what universe does murder automatically count as "silliness"?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: April 28, 2014, 07:40:22 am »

Considering the whole premise of DMR, clearly this one does.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 2205