Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356099 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4395 on: May 20, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »

I was reading the past missions, and I have a question: Did anyone ever get an explanation of what faith's task was for mission 10?

Slay the king, basically.
Pretty much. The chat logs or at least most of the important ones got posted eventually, but in essence:

1. God-King needs doctors
2. God-King's doctor is going to vanish when they're evacuating him from the palace
3. Synthflesh doctor is going to happen to be on hand
4. Synthflesh doctor is going to give him pills that happen to tracelessly murder him in a way that looks natural
5. Synthflesh doctor is going to quietly slip away before anyone starts pointing fingers
6. Government is going to tragically report the death of God-King, rebels win, new government

Of course, being the HMRC, naturally this turned into a berserk anime battle rampage through the palace while thousands or tens of thousands of people died for no particular reason.
I think that was Xan's fault, mostly.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: May 20, 2014, 02:36:45 pm »

The sentient god-powered power source hates Milno. I think we now have an idea of why exactly we didn't see anything that seemed remotely based on it - because it's pissed.

Well. I'd try to have a chat with it about why exactly my character murdered that entire civilization in cold blood, but I have no time for that kind of crap.
Ooh, you could have Faith do it! She feels just awful about that.

Or maybe, you know, someone who wasn't in any way involved and couldn't have done anything to stop it might be better. Hard to say.
Actually, since it seems to be aware - to at least some extent - of what happened back then, it might know how Faith felt about it. It should probably be the most cooperative with Faith, although how exactly she should talk to it is another matter.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: May 20, 2014, 02:41:10 pm »

I have the slight impression it's rather hard to talk to it since Milno needed the Mechanist Gauntlet to communicate with it/understand its intentions.

Also, the power source is staying with Grate unless he wants to sell it. I could see Milno buying it to try and have a nice chat with an eldritch god of unfathomable purposes and probably getting mind-fucked in the process because I'm not quite about his feelings on the matter of destroying the sleeping civilization, though "unrepentant dick" is highly likely.

If they had clearer instructions about how to de-stasis the aliens, that probably wouldn't have happened. And then the aliums would probably have killed us all.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: May 20, 2014, 02:52:19 pm »

Jeez Smurfington, that wasn't nice. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: May 20, 2014, 02:58:44 pm »

My ass is ready, PW.

Now now smurf, it's nice that you are ready to declare your sexual orientation like that, but really, you should have waited for pw before posting in that thread, like he asked.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: May 20, 2014, 02:59:52 pm »

My ass is ready, PW.

Now now smurf, it's nice that you are ready to declare your sexual orientation like that, but really, you should have waited for pw before posting in that thread, like he asked.
hehehehe
PW, YOU MUST PUNISH SMURFINGOTONS CHARACTER SOMEHOW, MAYBE?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: May 20, 2014, 03:03:56 pm »

I have the slight impression it's rather hard to talk to it since Milno needed the Mechanist Gauntlet to communicate with it/understand its intentions.
Was Grate able to figure anything out about it on his own?

Also it just occurred to me that the thing that's alive through poorly understood alien fuckery got a power generator that operates on poorly understood alien fuckery. Wonderful.

I've been holding my level up because I have no idea what to spend my Skill Points in.
Speaking of which, why not? Not sure what direction you want to take Milno in?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: May 20, 2014, 03:10:33 pm »

I'd have to say mission A or B would suit Jack best due to him probably A)Fitting in more due to being more normal looking or B)Having at least two guns that will blend in with the local tech level I hope.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »

I hope that synthflesh isn't above the local tech level, otherwise I'll have to either sit this one out or get my ass shipped to siberia the arctic mission

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: May 20, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »

Should I go on mission A? Sure, the shapeshifting would be invaluable but the moment I get caught, there goes the block and the surrounding district.
Sig! Onol

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: May 20, 2014, 03:13:33 pm »

Should I go on mission A? Sure, the shapeshifting would be invaluable but the moment I get caught, there goes the block and the surrounding district.
Mission C. The Thing. You know you want to.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: May 20, 2014, 03:13:48 pm »

I suppose I'l post what I listen to during the briefings: Guess what? Yup, more Megaman, this time from Zero 3. :P
Like I said in the On Ship thread, Magilla's volunteering for C because he's not really the most....normal looking person, to say the least. That, and he also prefers to handle things with brute force.
I think Magilla could only sounds like one person: DONKEY KONG

Like in the cartoon, I presume?
Eh, haven't watched that. More like in Mario Part or something, I guess?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: May 20, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »

Yeah, I'll go.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: May 20, 2014, 03:14:38 pm »

I hope that synthflesh isn't above the local tech level, otherwise I'll have to either sit this one out or get my ass shipped to siberia the arctic mission

Hey, we can have another mission together! Remember the last ones? With the dying and the horror and stuff?

Hah, good times.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: May 20, 2014, 03:15:00 pm »

Mission C. The Thing. You know you want to.
BFFs~!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 2205