Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319686 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4410 on: May 20, 2014, 03:16:36 pm »

Should I go on mission A? Sure, the shapeshifting would be invaluable but the moment I get caught, there goes the block and the surrounding district.
Mission C. The Thing. You know you want to.
BFFs~!
D'aww.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: May 20, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »

I hope that synthflesh isn't above the local tech level, otherwise I'll have to either sit this one out or get my ass shipped to siberia the arctic mission

Hey, we can have another mission together! Remember the last ones? With the dying and the horror and stuff?

Hah, good times.
I can just imagine making a postcard in crayon depicting mesor getting nabbed by robo-shiva. And then writing "Wish you were here". But it would nice, getting to hide behind your shiny metal ass again. It already saved me from shrapnel twice.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: May 20, 2014, 03:18:53 pm »

Should I go on mission A? Sure, the shapeshifting would be invaluable but the moment I get caught, there goes the block and the surrounding district.
BFFs~!
D'aww.

Yeaaah, if Xan gives trouble or something I'm freezing him and burying him under the ice.

Take that, future generations! You'll whish you believed in global warming.

I hope that synthflesh isn't above the local tech level, otherwise I'll have to either sit this one out or get my ass shipped to siberia the arctic mission

Hey, we can have another mission together! Remember the last ones? With the dying and the horror and stuff?

Hah, good times.
I can just imagine making a postcard in crayon depicting mesor getting nabbed by robo-shiva. And then writing "Wish you were here". But it would nice, getting to hide behind your shiny metal ass again. It already saved me from shrapnel twice.

Clearly, my ass should get a medal.
[/nohomo]

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:25 pm »

BFFs~!
I know what that acronym normally means, but one of my favorite sci-fi flight simulators is Echelon: Wind Warriors, and I can't look at that acronym without thinking "BattleField Fighter".

Also, if the planet has standard synthoids at least, you could probably get your brain transplanted into one temporarily if synthflesh isn't allowed.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 20, 2014, 03:20:35 pm »

I have the slight impression it's rather hard to talk to it since Milno needed the Mechanist Gauntlet to communicate with it/understand its intentions.

Also, the power source is staying with Grate unless he wants to sell it. I could see Milno buying it to try and have a nice chat with an eldritch god of unfathomable purposes and probably getting mind-fucked in the process because I'm not quite about his feelings on the matter of destroying the sleeping civilization, though "unrepentant dick" is highly likely.

If they had clearer instructions about how to de-stasis the aliens, that probably wouldn't have happened. And then the aliums would probably have killed us all.
Hey Caellath, Jack wants to talk to Milno about mission A.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 20, 2014, 03:22:58 pm »

BFFs~!
D'aww.

Yeaaah, if Xan gives trouble or something I'm freezing him and burying him under the ice.

Take that, future generations! You'll whish you believed in global warming.
Nonwithstanding the fact that I'm planning on doing this anyway, of course.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: May 20, 2014, 03:34:40 pm »

Oh man mission A sounds like a fun time. :o
I'm guessing that's more for veterans, though, whereas my entire contribution to the one (?) mission I went on was pointing my gun at stuff, crying in terror and suffering terminal whiplash whilst getting my ass saved by a giant robot- after I tried to hijack an abandoned ship. >.>
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:36:32 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4417 on: May 20, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

Oh man mission A sounds like a fun time. :o
I'm guessing that's more for veterans, though.
If milno wants to take you, I don't care one way or another. Hell, newbies might be better if only because they'll blend in and won't be used to relying on superweapons.

I hope everyone enjoys these more traditional missions. Been a while since we had alien shenanigans.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: May 20, 2014, 03:36:47 pm »

We're really in for a treat this time. All three missions sound pretty great.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: May 20, 2014, 03:39:06 pm »

PW, is magilla's robo body the same shape that his fleshy body was, or is it normal human sized? Cause if it is, Magilla's gonna want to get it back to how it was before he got a robo body.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: May 20, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

Yeah, I'm gonna hope that they at least have robot bodies here, otherwise half the HMRC is going to be heading south.

That being said, I think Denzel actually fits missions A and B fairly well, what with his preference for close combat and the fact that the only WMD he carries is a MFM.

So, who's volunteered on mission B so far?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: May 20, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »

Lars is in the good position of being reasonably able to perform on all three missions, giving him plenty of choice, though I wonder if B's restrictions means a MkIII is in or out.

I get the feeling that B might be the real "newbie" mission since it's limited tech.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: May 20, 2014, 03:58:37 pm »

So, who's volunteered on mission B so far?

So far, there's your character, Morul, and Hasala.

Mission A already has four applicants plus Milno, and C has six characters.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:05:21 pm by swordsmith04 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: May 20, 2014, 04:00:35 pm »

Also, if the planet has standard synthoids at least, you could probably get your brain transplanted into one temporarily if synthflesh isn't allowed.
Ooh, that's a good idea. It's also [REDACTED] hey anyone looking for inspiration to give the Doctor? I can totally hook you up bro.

Speaking of which, is the Doc still with us? I'd assume so, if only because I wouldn't think you'd need much of an R&D team back on Hephaestus otherwise.

Hell, newbies might be better if only because they'll blend in and won't be used to relying on superweapons.
PW YOUR MISSIONS ARE BULLSHIT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO KILL AN UNARMED CIVILIAN BUT I CAN'T GO BERSERK MODE IN A SYNTHFLESH BODY WITH A KINETIC AMP THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE GG

I hope everyone enjoys these more traditional missions. Been a while since we had alien shenanigans.
I'm liking the return to... small scale open-ended mild infiltration-ish type stuff, I suppose. Drop off, do things, nothing's trying to kill you overtly and immediately but eh you know how these things turn out.

Lars is in the good position of being reasonably able to perform on all three missions, giving him plenty of choice, though I wonder if B's restrictions means a MkIII is in or out.

I get the feeling that B might be the real "newbie" mission since it's limited tech.
This is impossible to know at the moment, but Mission A is almost assuredly the expert mission simply because it requires so much finesse. Mission B is probably the newbie mission because the cult is probably not especially powerful or organized or anything; I mostly expect they'll waltz in, shoot entirely more people than is necessary, grab an alien can opener, murder an ally under the influence of an alien can opener, then get out.

Mission C is the real wildcard. I find it hard to believe they're just going to bore through the ice, grab a frozen alien juicebox, and leave, but there's no telling what they'll encounter instead. It also has the advantage of not requiring any subtlety whatsoever, so if it is an alien death penis they can just use their much larger and more numerous battlesuit dicks to out-wave it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: May 20, 2014, 04:01:49 pm »

It also has the advantage of not requiring any subtlety whatsoever, so if it is an alien death penis they can just use their much larger and more numerous battlesuit dicks to out-wave it.

Now I'm going to have to find room in my sig for this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 2205