Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2353940 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5040 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:06 pm »

heh, I'm not regretting my decision now to go on watch. Note to self, stay as FAR away from stacy as possible
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5041 on: May 28, 2014, 04:21:00 pm »

The diner people might want to check for back doors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: May 28, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »

that, or get chairs handy for smashing plate glass windows for a quick escape :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: May 28, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

So I'm getting the sense that we've got a lot of novice musicians.  Awesome.  If I get the free time I'll try and compose something ER-ish and send out parts to everyone who expressed interest.

(Also I don't know what a Jew harp is)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 28, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

I like to think of that more as "They see the gun pointing at them, so they put up a simple wall as a preemptive move."  That or it's a snap reaction which, if it succeeds works fine, but if it doesn't, a snap thought of "STOP!" goes from protective shield to organ melting shockwave.

Plus, really, the only times people get reactive stuff like that tends to be either special NPC's or players who I want to give one last chance to protect themselves, despite it being kinda cheaty on their part.

Really, I'm stacking the scales in player favor with lots of stuff.

Hey, gameplay>strict realism. It's iffy whether one could pull of some of those fast reactions shots with an amp (never mind a manip), but it's probably better than offing people without any chance at survival. Unless they're in a spaceship, then they're screwed it seems.

heh, I'm not regretting my decision now to go on watch. Note to self, stay as FAR away from stacy as possible

We should add that to the wiki at some point. Newbie tip: Stay. Away. From. Stacy.

He's a loose cannon that doesn't play by the rules. Cause he's illiterate. Can't read them.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 28, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »

It's a shame Xan didn't fall in as well. Could've saved a loooooot of trouble and lives just sealing the hole back up and leaving!

Til the prequel ends and some different poor bastards head up there to unearth it. Oh well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: May 28, 2014, 05:08:12 pm »

I like to think of that more as "They see the gun pointing at them, so they put up a simple wall as a preemptive move."  That or it's a snap reaction which, if it succeeds works fine, but if it doesn't, a snap thought of "STOP!" goes from protective shield to organ melting shockwave.

Plus, really, the only times people get reactive stuff like that tends to be either special NPC's or players who I want to give one last chance to protect themselves, despite it being kinda cheaty on their part.

Really, I'm stacking the scales in player favor with lots of stuff.

Hey, gameplay>strict realism. It's iffy whether one could pull of some of those fast reactions shots with an amp (never mind a manip), but it's probably better than offing people without any chance at survival. Unless they're in a spaceship, then they're screwed it seems.

We should add that to the wiki at some point. Newbie tip: Stay. Away. From. Stacy.

He's a loose cannon that doesn't play by the rules. Cause he's illiterate. Can't read them.
What about newer-ish characters like Jack(the one I control) or Xan? Just to extremes I thought of.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 28, 2014, 05:09:19 pm »

(Also I don't know what a Jew harp is)

Google and YouTube are your non-benevolent overlords! I can tell you that it sounds pretty funny, though I'm not sure I can help you with anything since I have no sense of rhythm, no musical talent and only a modicum of ability to read musical notation.

Oh, don't be silly. Stacy can read perfectly well. It's just spelling he's troubled by, you see, as the only thing he can correctly spell is your doom.

But seriously, one would think that staying away from the dancing, singing robot with the very large gun is common sense by now, really. Especially if he's approaching you quietly with a blank faceplate. Or worse, a 8D kind of face.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:11:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 28, 2014, 05:14:13 pm »

I think I should catch up on the missions.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 28, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »

But seriously, one would think that staying away from the dancing, singing robot with the very large gun is common sense by now, really. Especially if he's approaching you quietly with a blank faceplate. Or worse, a 8D kind of face.
Oh man, I totally forgot about this. I noticed he still hadn't cured his dancing, and was wondering if he had tried, but it escaped me that he's dancing at all times and thus obviously and severely crazy.

How'd he get botted?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 28, 2014, 05:31:58 pm »

...Well, a good teamkill, unless the magic of the RNG saves them. Or the buried structure is a giant alien pillow factory.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 28, 2014, 05:42:54 pm »

Who will take care of Piecewise the lizard now that May's dead?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 28, 2014, 05:46:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure that lizard can take care of itself, considering it has for the past couple jumps. Either that or it's dead in an air duct somewhere.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 28, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »

It's friends with Mr. Cockroach. I dread to imagine what he's feeding it.
...Or maybe he's feeding it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 28, 2014, 05:48:34 pm »

Who will take care of Piecewise the lizard now that May's dead?
Oh man, good point. Poor Piecewise. Poor apathetic, uncaring Piecewise.

Someone else should adopt our murderskink, so that he doesn't have to remain with a competent and uncaring handler. And maybe also test him out or ask the Doctor what exactly he does to living things.

I'm pretty sure that lizard can take care of itself, considering it has for the past couple jumps. Either that or it's dead in an air duct somewhere.
It can't one-sidedly love and cuddle itself, now can it?!
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 2205