Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355016 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5475 on: June 03, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »

YES
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: June 03, 2014, 11:25:13 pm »

But I don't think there are any tears left. Except for the one that contains Alarith's character. And I doubt he wants to be a pill.

Maybe someone will get lucky and find some in a Nyars box.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: June 03, 2014, 11:26:59 pm »

I just wonder what the expected life of the pill machine is. Or if it even still works right.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: June 04, 2014, 12:05:56 am »

If pills can be dissolved in liquids and retain functionality then i dont see why the claymore wouldnt work, especially if you converted them into liquid capsules prior to placing them in the claymore. Itd take some tweaking to get it right of course.

If they do that, might as well make a straight aerosol out of them and put 'm in a grenade. Lot's of FUN combo's there. Like a pill that induces rage (e.g. Serotonin inhibitors). Happy teamkilling. Or a pill made from a nuke (happy exploding).

Or use a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, mix it with something like hydrazine sulfide or another monoamine oxidase inhibitor (or any number of other things), and say hello to serotonin toxicity - much worse than low serotonin. Hypomania, sure, but also such wonders as hallucinations, hyperthermia, hypertension, tachycardia, myoclonus (that's a kicker, pun unintended), and hypereflexia. Leave 'em twitching with a dangerously high heart rate, overheating, and suffering hallucinations on top of all that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:11:15 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: June 04, 2014, 12:37:50 am »

Timmy Tear pill!  It still needs to be done!
That's just asking to have another Grate9-like incident if you ask me. This time without any AM's to save our butts.

So yeah, maybe try to figure out how it works first. Rigorous testing trough the scientific method.

Or use a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, mix it with something like hydrazine sulfide or another monoamine oxidase inhibitor (or any number of other things), and say hello to serotonin toxicity - much worse than low serotonin. Hypomania, sure, but also such wonders as hallucinations, hyperthermia, hypertension, tachycardia, myoclonus (that's a kicker, pun unintended), and hypereflexia. Leave 'em twitching with a dangerously high heart rate, overheating, and suffering hallucinations on top of all that.
If the goal is to get your enemies to fight each other I'm not sure reducing them to a twitching ball of misery will net you the best results.

Probably still pretty funny though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:00:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:05 am »

If you're going to mess with brain chemistry, do it in a fun way. Besides, even the SSRIs alone can do some pretty weird things in the wrong dosage, without even going into overdose range or introducing stuff like MAOIs.

Opinion on fun may differ, of course.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: June 04, 2014, 03:36:05 am »

Im not sure turning a teammate into an evil wish granting genie is a good idea, they might want you to... rub things...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: June 04, 2014, 05:06:25 am »

Im not sure turning a teammate into an evil wish granting genie is a good idea, they might want you to... rub things...
I'm throwing money at the screen, just so's you know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: June 04, 2014, 05:07:27 am »

I'm throwing money at the screen, just so's you know.
1. make genie
2. give to AM/doc
3. get 'rehabilitated' genie to give us shit
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: June 04, 2014, 05:09:02 am »

Also, interesting to know you're from Queensland.
This means I can stalk you without too much in the way of travel expenses! :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: June 04, 2014, 05:21:03 am »

Well, not the worst, but it's certainly the worst in Australia.
For one, most of it only applies within Queensland, so your scores get shitted if you go overseas/to another state.
For two, it's highly dependent on the ability of others (unless you top all of your classes), which pulls you back should they fail.
For three, it's tied into QCS, which is an unfair test in which private schools basically know all the answers before it starts.
*flips tables in homicidal rage*
Why can't everything be individual tests?
I'm a bit fuzzy on what you mean by 1 and 2.
Are you saying that they basically teach you stuff that no one else cares about at the expense of stuff they do?
Are you saying that they pass or fail whole classes at the same time?
And while I'm at it, what's the QCS about?

It's more like the qualification you get (an OP) is less useful once you cross the border. Your OP is also directly linked to your fellow students, because if your class is terrible as a whole (and you don't top the subject), your OP goes down.

Ah yeah, Queensland Core Skills test. It's not very fair, because private schools hire tutors to teach their students how to easily ace the test, whereas state schools are left in the dust. What's more, it's highly dependant on everyone from your school doing really well, otherwise say goodbye to the high-tier OPs.

For someone aiming for a OP 4 (OP1 being the best in a scale of 25), the system is murderous.

Also, interesting to know you're from Queensland.
This means I can stalk you without too much in the way of travel expenses! :))

...Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get my Class B firearms licence renewed.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: June 04, 2014, 08:11:36 am »

((No, I will screw up, it's only a matter of how. Stupid willpower rolls.))

Piecewise doesn't roll for Willpower for every action. The fact that you had a Will roll at all means that there is something actively trying to fuck with us. Considering that no one else on the cult mission seems to have had trouble with their actions so far, I would guess it can't affect all of us at once.

That said, since you have a -1 to Will, there's a 33% chance that you'll roll a 1 or a 0 if it targets Lerman again. Which will probably either temporarily turn him into a hostile NPC, or leave you in control of him but seeing the rest of the team as cultists or cops or something. Your next action should probably involve charging a dynamic Will bonus.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: June 04, 2014, 09:59:57 am »

What the hell is the Black Wall of Lagos?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: June 04, 2014, 10:03:02 am »

Ooh! I know! And I suspect many others do as well!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: June 04, 2014, 10:03:56 am »

Ooh! I know! And I suspect many others do as well!
What is it?
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 2205