Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356578 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5821 on: June 11, 2014, 12:08:14 am »

<neat lists>

Heh, that's neat. Let's see if I can make a few of my own.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:10:47 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: June 11, 2014, 12:23:26 am »

Sorry sean, battlesuits conduct electricity away from their internal components. :(

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: June 11, 2014, 12:27:15 am »

Sorry sean, battlesuits conduct electricity away from their internal components. :(
But that's just firing electricity directly at the surface, so the surface protects the internals. If the surface is compromised, for instance by a laser...

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: June 11, 2014, 12:30:32 am »

Bip

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136149.0

But this isn't Tinker - it's OOC.

As to the idea of standardized testing, I think I already kind of did that with the things both Nick and Simus have designed. Dig around, you might find it somewhere whenever they're in the latter stages of designing a weapon.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: June 11, 2014, 12:39:35 am »

But that's just firing electricity directly at the surface, so the surface protects the internals. If the surface is compromised, for instance by a laser...
True, but youd need at least a cutting laser to compromise battleplate unfortunately.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5826 on: June 11, 2014, 05:41:01 am »

True, but youd need at least a cutting laser to compromise battleplate unfortunately.
A cutting laser focused on the area you want to damage, since the miner in the sharkmist mission only managed to scratch Gilgamesh's paint with his sweep.

@Syvarris: You might want to get that in the wiki, maybe make a page for it in your profile if you think it shouldn't have a normal page.
Gauss Cannon rounds have the following prices:
"So, are you acquainted with the sheep? And can Bishop see you as well?"
Charles makes idle conversation with the entity while searching for Bishop.

The thing doesn't reply, and after a moment it ceases to exist, vanishing as you blink. Huh.

You go wandering around until you find the mysterious Bishop that has taken the entire Ovis world by storm. He looks fairly normal; but there is something strange about him. Perhaps he is a conduit for something.

Or perhaps you're just nuts.

My mining laser operates with a vehicle battery. It can be recharged.
"After that I'd like to know some more about this mining laser. Can you refill it? Could I charge its battery, however slowly with electricity? For example if I took the generators of those gauss pistols and hooked them up to the power supply through some capacitors and transformers, would it charge? I don't care how long it takes since we'll be stuck on mission for a year and the only use I'll have for this mining laser will be cutting of pieces of rock."
Bring her the Mining laser. Ask her if she can recharge it and if I could use gauss generators to slowly recharge it over the course of a few days. Ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"I've also got this mining exosuit along with the laser. Could you give it a check up, make sure it's okay and maybe explain a bit to me what it can do beyond being strong and tough?"
Show her the mining exosuit, ask her to give it a check up, ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"Then I would like to know if it is possible to attach those rocket pods made for long jumps to my exosuit, how much would it cost and if they would be cheaper if I bought them without fuel and refueled them at the base."
Ask the above.

Says the mining laser is nonstandard. Runs on what looks like a vehicle battery. Could be recharged with any normal generators, though it might take a while.
Says the Mining exosuit is pretty much just a Exoskeleton but beefed up and slower. Doesn't have any special modes to it.
Jump pods are possible to graft onto the exosuit, come full, nonnegotiable price.
I've recharged it several times during the year long mission. How fast can it be recharged with a 1 token generator?

What's the price of those nuclear gauss cannon rounds, grav-shells and some kind of armor piercing round that could penetrate a battlesuit with a good hit and burn its insides with explosion or incendiary (like modern anti tank rounds)? For that matter, how does a standard Gauss cannon shot fare against a standard battlesuit?

Also, check that LESHO rifle. Does it fire standard Gauss cannon or Gauss rifle ammo? If not, could it fire ammo other than nuclear, like those grav-shells or standard chunks of metal?

Finally, what's the selling price for my MK2, rocket pods and industrial mining exosuit (if I can sell that)?

((Would anyone be interested in buying Gilgamesh? Price negotiable, and paying part now and part after your next mission is agreeable.
It's a Mobility Battlesuit with Cameyes integrated. If you want I could give a list of the stuff that comes with this suit, including but not limited to Electrified Surface Defence System, built-in kinetic amps, Emergency Ejection Pod and others.))

EDIT:((If you're serious about selling him, then I'd be willing to take him. Just got to sell my MK2 and rocket pods and I can give you 15 tokens or more (and even more if I can get someone to buy my Industrial Mining Exosuit). Although I think you should keep him. I think the ability to go into buildings and fly is pretty damn useful. Then again, the avatar allows you to make your own doors...))

EDIT2:((I've updated my notes with equipment bonuses (as much as I could anyway, since people are still buying and selling stuff) and I just realized a synthflesh-mk3 combo can give you some ridiculous bonuses.))
1.Pretty damn slow, but assuming you don't use it much, that would work
2.The nuclear tipped rounds are standard, so they're the set ammo price in the armory list. Normal shells are half. Grav-shells are twice as much, if not more. Armor piercing would probably be around the same.
3.It fires it's own ammo, but yeah, it can fire different shells, for sure.
4.The exosuit is non standard so it won't sell, but the MK2+rockets will probably sell for like 5 tokens or so.

((Regarding the synthflesh+exosuit, I was under the impression that you couldn't wear the MK stuff after you got a robot body. And with Synthflesh being quite large... Although for extra price it would probably be possible to adapt an exoskeleton for it.

And yeah, if that happens, it breaks the system. My favorite moments were when Faith was in the berserk mode, and her best rolls were actually 1's, since with a +4 bonus you get 5 overshoots, and it's the 1 that actually hits. ... Everything is broken...

Actually, that made me think of something. The 5=perfect works for no bonuses or a +1 bonus, but when you get something like a +4, it's kind of... weird. Should the number for a perfect roll change if somebody gets Faith enraged level bonus, or (god forbid) a +5 to rolls? I mean, seems a bit unfair for someone with no decompensator to have 0% change of not overshooting. I didn't bring it up earlier since we haven't reached that stage of ridiculousness, but I feel that now may be a good time.))
Faith's Berserk mode isn't done the same way as other stuff. It's basically a "engage awesome mode" trigger with the side effect of badly crippling her if she over uses it. Well, that and other things.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:22:14 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: June 11, 2014, 08:04:06 am »

Bip
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136149.0
We take it to the Tinker thread, they tell us to take it to the OOC thread. We take it to the OOC thread, they tell us to take it to the Tinker thread. No one likes shop talk...

((This is what, the second or third time someone's called Anton Sean?))
Depends. Do we count OOC?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:17 am »

Clearly we need a Tinker SIC (Sorta In Character) thread.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: June 11, 2014, 08:32:11 am »

Unrelatedly, I've been perusing some anagram-finding services, and...

Spoiler: Hephaestus Techland (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: June 11, 2014, 08:48:15 am »

The On-Ship one seems superfluously redundant.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5831 on: June 11, 2014, 10:55:27 am »

Determine if I can still work the shotgun with my one good arm.
Yes, you think you could use the shotgun, but not very fast. You're gonna have to do the pump action by catching it between your neck and shoulder or with the back of your knee or something similar. Not easy, not fast, but doable.
You can always try to do it one handed, like the Terminator. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.
Attempting this in real life is possible, but it's very difficult to do, puts a lot of unnecessary strain on the gun's moving parts, and is rather unsafe, as a considerable amount of force is required to rack the slide. It's very possible to lose your grip and send a now-loaded firearm flying across the room.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: June 11, 2014, 11:22:15 am »

NONE OF THE CIVILIANS DIED? That's bull.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: June 11, 2014, 11:23:02 am »

Man, I finally get my synthflesh body and I'm getting owned by a freaking hatch. I'm suing the armory for false advertising

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: June 11, 2014, 11:32:46 am »

@Mission 13: I had a plan once and it was awful.

On a more serious note, I really had a rough plan, but that was before I was lolwtfpwnd by the flu; I'm currently attempting to recall exactly how badly it was, but I think it involves some surveillance and getting us acquainted with their culture and style of doing stuff during the first day, then moving to the green mansion in the second day and waiting for a good moment to strike.

Alternatively, the good ol' "repairmen" tactic may be used, where we infiltrate that hotel through any possible back areas whilst posing as maintenance personnel. There's always little chance of people being suspicious of repairmen.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 2205