Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319972 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6990 on: July 15, 2014, 04:40:56 am »

So what you're basically saying is that rather than shooting, it might be more effective to charge at them and beat them to death with Heavy Machineguns?
Sometimes, yes. That's how I finished clearing a Sebillian Cruiser last time. My Heavy has around 80 TU, and it takes 66 to fire the heavy laser. He was standing in the doorway on the second floor, with things in the way and teammates all around the last living alien on the bridge. If he moves to get a clearer shot, he won't be able to shoot this turn, and the reptilian bastard has a Plasma Cannon, which is... not gonna end well, even if he's suppressed.

So I had him just run up to his face. He had about 50TU left over from moving, so... *whack* *whack* *whack* *whack* *alien dies*.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:55 am »

That's pretty metal.

Also, I appreciate this:

"What in case?" He says, twitching is weapon at the metal case you're carrying.

"What in Box?" The one holding the papers asks, pointing at the tool boxes the team is carrying. "Others not carry box. What in box?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:20 am »

On an unrelated note. Hephaestus update today, PW? I wanna know if the worm go boom. o-o

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: July 15, 2014, 10:10:33 am »

Man, Mission 14 is about to get awesome.
I'm loving how good/detailed your writing's been lately, Piecewise. :)

...I guess our mission could get pretty exciting in the near future, too. No idea what our plan is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: July 15, 2014, 10:16:15 am »

Quick, have morul stumble outside and warn the police to flee for their lives moments before his glitter cancer causes his arm to fall off and then collapse on the street.

Because dramatic ominous warnings and glowy alien bacteria capable of eating through robots should scare away anyone in their right mind.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: July 15, 2014, 03:14:05 pm »

I'm already in the street, and the glowy termites are plainly visible. They've not run yet. Granted, they've just arrived, but still.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: July 15, 2014, 03:24:15 pm »

Wouldn't it be funny if they turned out to be actually competent and handled the situation in a safe and professional manner?
Man, that'd be a laugh. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6997 on: July 15, 2014, 05:46:19 pm »

Keep watching, reporting and charging that bonus. Also, scan the guy that has stopped Milno and Skylar. Is there anything odd about him? His skeleton? His internals? Anything he's carrying?
There's nothing particularly odd you can see about the guy, other then a rather uncomfortable looking metal piercing on his...well, you don't think milno and skylar need to know about that. In fact, you really wish you didn't know.
On the contrary, if you're willing to fight dirty, that might be very useful information, depending on its location.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: July 15, 2014, 08:09:12 pm »

I have no problem fighting dirty, but Thaddeus doesn't have a magnetic amp. I guess he could try heating it up just a little bit to watch the guy squirm and maybe make him less interested in talking to Milno and Skylar.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: July 16, 2014, 02:00:27 am »

Wouldn't it be funny if they turned out to be actually competent and handled the situation in a safe and professional manner?
Man, that'd be a laugh. :P
Even more hilarious if they complete the mission for us.

"What's that? This sounds dangerous! Stand aside, let us handle this like professionals."
*walk out five minutes later with a bunch of handcuffed Silent Hill cultists*
"Thanks for the tip, citizens. In the future, please leave this sort of thing to us."

And then a bunch of incompetent space freaks were sad.

Fortunately we all know that's not going to happen and we're like 17 minutes away from some sort of fission incident. Which may be just as well since it'll help remove the evidence.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: July 16, 2014, 02:21:52 am »

On the other hand, trying to get the SWAT to cooperate could be in principle possible. Say that you're freelance mercenaries hired to investigate rumors of a cult in this building, and eradicate them if necessary. They'll ask who you were hired by, to which you can point out that the cult is actually a thing, they have superpowers, and that fighting a few of them left your team (APC, synthflesh berserker, advanced weapons and all) basically in shambles. And right now there is at least one more cultist unaccounted for, doing something unspeakable this very moment, so you'll happily answer every question they have after everybody within a five-mile radius of this location is no longer in danger of being spontaneously vaporized, or worse. Their help in getting the situation resolved would be preferable, but at worst you're going to agree to them not shooting at you for the moment, and instead securing the area and rounding up the civilians for their safety (something a catgirl teammate of yours was already doing, although in a slightly over-eager manner), while what's left of our team is regrouping and sorting out this cult business.

Of course, this will really just let our Ampers rest and for everybody else to get assembled, so once you're actually done clearing the building, you'll be able to mount an escape with relative ease.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: July 16, 2014, 02:33:19 am »

Or the speech check fails, the police blast anyone exposed, Lerman kills anything in range with his new best friend, and it's all downhill from there.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: July 16, 2014, 02:41:14 am »

It will set a precedent for future speech rolls.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: July 16, 2014, 05:38:22 am »

I almost want to Sig that xD but I'm out of Sig space D=
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: July 16, 2014, 07:42:16 am »

It will set a precedent for future speech rolls.

Sig'ed
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 2205