Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2346224 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7140 on: July 18, 2014, 11:41:27 am »

I didn't question it openly, but I did question it. Before I joined, I was certain that Steve was a rogue AI working against the UWM that used the brains of those that survive ten "missions" to keep itself alive (because, really, using the brains of the losers?). I considered having my character try to talk to Steve about that. Then the missions in favor of and with the participation of the UWM started...
Woah, woah, wait. Wha?
We're fighting and aiding the UWM?
...Where can I catch up on this info? :X

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: July 18, 2014, 11:43:54 am »

I think he means before the change. I'm pretty sure right now we are very much AGAINST the UWM
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: July 18, 2014, 11:45:54 am »

I think he means before the change. I'm pretty sure right now we are very much AGAINST the UWM
Yeah, the mission in that case was the serial killer mission (I think) - at the time, it seemed to break my theory that Steve was a rogue AI.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: July 18, 2014, 11:46:33 am »

Woah, woah, wait. Wha?
We're fighting and aiding the UWM?
...Where can I catch up on this info? :X

We're not currently aiding them, strictly speaking. There was Mission 8, where we were helping Civic Defenders, and I guess Mission 9A, where they put a ghost ship in its proper mental place for the UWM, and I also suppose Mission 2, where they were trying to prevent some kind of proto-Altered commune from colliding with a civilized planet? Something like that, anyway. But the UWM has been largely absent in our missions.

And also Mission 5, as helpful ninjas have pointed out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7144 on: July 18, 2014, 12:02:32 pm »

-snip-
@Radio Controlled, you could make a small post in the on ship thread perhaps, a small IC announcement to those going to the rescue mission?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7145 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:53 pm »

You got your men yet radio?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:16:22 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: July 18, 2014, 12:23:14 pm »

and I also suppose Mission 2, where they were trying to prevent some kind of proto-Altered commune from colliding with a civilized planet?

That planet was Hephaestus, so we were really just helping ourselves.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: July 18, 2014, 12:25:53 pm »

Oh, and while poking around in that time frame:

(@SeriousConcentrate: Sex is also important in a healthy romantic relationship. Soon enough, Jim and Feyri will want to take the big step.))
Heh, if they don't do it soon they may both end up as robots and all that intimacy may be reduced to something akin to two roombas bumping into each other.

THE PROPHECY IS COMING TRUE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7148 on: July 18, 2014, 12:34:01 pm »

(@SeriousConcentrate: Sex is also important in a healthy romantic relationship. Soon enough, Jim and Feyri will want to take the big step.))
Heh, if they don't do it soon they may both end up as robots and all that intimacy may be reduced to something akin to two roombas bumping into each other.

There are many things predicted back then that are coming true.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: July 18, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »

I'm glad I've ten tokens.
To get a shotgun for any kinds of people talking about this situation :I

If I ever get picked for the rescue team, can I take time to buy ordnance? :3 I'd like a few tiny arrangements with piecewise.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7150 on: July 18, 2014, 12:57:51 pm »

I'm glad I've ten tokens.
To get a shotgun for any kinds of people talking about this situation :I

If I ever get picked for the rescue team, can I take time to buy ordnance? :3 I'd like a few tiny arrangements with piecewise.
According to this:
If you're signing up for Miya's murder team, I suggest getting ready NOW, so that we can drop you tomorrow. So if you're volunteering to go, get geared and ready in case he selects you. Otherwise, repost your action and I'll update the thread tomorrow. Up and at'em soldiers, we've got a gaggle of nanny goats to save.
I assume you can post an action about getting equipment and etc. in the on ship thread. If you need piecewise to answer some questions or ask about prices and stuff, you could ask piecewise through PMs, it's been done before during similar situations.

EDIT: Or just ask here in the OOC thread.

((Clearly the best thing to expand is the production facilities so you can make more stuff.))
Ah, yes, the "Three more wishes" approach. Good thinking, if not done excessively. They could even take over other planets so that they can build factories there and produce even more stuff. Transform every planet in the Hephaestus system into another forge world. And then conquer other solar systems and transform those into forge worlds. And keep doing that until all is forge worlds building forge worlds that build forge worlds!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:03:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: July 18, 2014, 01:06:55 pm »

HOLD YOUR HORSES I GOTTA EAT FIRST. THEN DISHES AND STUFF.

BRIEFING TONIGHT! I HOPE!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: July 18, 2014, 01:10:24 pm »

Yes, please, bring me salvation in the form of competent rescuers.

Also, how's the hottest day of the year so far treating you?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

So, after watering the plants, it's time for war.

Yes, please, bring me salvation in the form of competent rescuers.

Also, how's the hottest day of the year so far treating you?

Like a big sweaty hug from a great fat man.

Also, pfff hahaha competent. Good one.

@Radio Controlled, you could make a small post in the on ship thread perhaps, a small IC announcement to those going to the rescue mission?
Gonna do that, but first need to work it out in OOC, then I'll do briefing in IC.

After some deliberation, I decided on the following people:

Rescue Team (consisting of experienced and vet troopers. I tried to keep these down to five, as per pw's request.):
- Tiruin (Feyri)
- Grunhil (Renen)
- Tavik (Jack)
- Pariah (Auron)
- Paris (Flint)

Supplemented by these meats for the grinder newbs :
- darkpaladin (tourist)
- pufferfish (cecil)
- salsacookies (knuser)

Sorry Baldman, but since we are already 3 men over the limit, I'm not sending the Chief. Mostly cause you already got to play on a mission recently. And sorry Lenglon, but I really wanted to keep the vet squad down to five, so I had to cut you and me. Was a tough choice, was going to cut Auron, Feyri or Jack first cause you have better WILL (though only +1/3 more), but decided we'd need the extra (fire)power since almost all the heavy hitters planetside are out (and Lyra kinda only has a microwave amp, according to the wiki). But I owe one to both of you, ok?

Reason I'm not going myself was to not go over the limit of five, and because Gilgamesh and Flint can provide the heavy backup needed. However, Miya will be mission command from the Sword, so don't think you'll be rid of him, he'll be yelling at you yet.

Questions @ pw:

-Could we say Miya gets back in now from vision quest so he can brief the others IC?
-Can we assume he'll have seen the available video logs and he knows what's going on, or are we going in blind? Could you say how much Miya would know?
-How many people are needed to carry around Pancaek?

Typing IC briefing now assuming the previous two questions are answered positively, if that is ok.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 04:18:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: July 18, 2014, 03:43:54 pm »

O_O
* Tiruin collapses in awe and wow thanks whoever did that.

Oh hey it still has my gift! ♥ AWESOME!
oh wow..team mom..I don't-...
oh wow.

HMM, 4 more missions huh.
And no stats to upkeep?
Awesome.
Checking the history, Swordsmith did the vast majority of work on that page.  He's awesome and does most of the character maintnence and work on the wiki.

As far as how updated it is, you seem to have 43 stat points, and 11 skill points.  Considering Feyri's completed six missions, I'd expect her to have 50 stat points, and 23 skill points.  Maybe if you ask nicely PW'll let you invest those points somewhere?

Also, HEY!  RADIO!  Would you mind if I made a page on the wiki that contains information on the various tinker projects that people make?  Just for ease of reference, so that people don't have to dig through threads to find things?
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 2205