Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2311343 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7320 on: July 21, 2014, 08:33:11 pm »

Is there any chance we could get Xan chaperoned on future missions to prevent a recurrence of the Stan incident? Preferably by Jim or Miya?  Since Xan 2.0 will be smaller, we could even get something like a larger version of those baby backpacks for Jim or Miya to carry him in.

Awww, lookit the baby flesh horror!  It's so cute!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:35 pm »

Whatever happened to that flesh-suit from the Nyar's box a while back?

The flesh suit is currently on Hephaestus with Syv's character. It has no effect on our robotic overlords, and I believe he is planning on testing it on human subjects after the current crisis is over.

Ehh... I'd like to test it, but it's kind've low on my list- I can't use it personally, and it doesn't look like the type of thing that we can replicate.

Dang, I can't get at it if it's on Heph. I wanted to buy it.

Sure you can!  Get me a Nyars artifact that looks more reproducible than it, and I'd be happy to trade!

Was Simus's grenade launcher ever made widely available? It's not in the armoury page on the wiki.
I remember it being very effective, correct? Could be a handy thing to have around. Also I'm definitely getting a goddamn cam-eye if I survive this mission. >.> Or, rather, if I escape from Kano- I think the mission is pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Nope.  Ain't in the armory because it never got there.

Now that Simus' making all our toys though, it'll probably become standard issue.  ClF3 rounds ahoy!

I think being made to run missions nude should be a regular punishment. Imagine having to do that during mission 15.

Or mission 1.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: July 21, 2014, 08:58:52 pm »

Is there any chance we could get Xan chaperoned on future missions to prevent a recurrence of the Stan incident? Preferably by Jim or Miya?  Since Xan 2.0 will be smaller, we could even get something like a larger version of those baby backpacks for Jim or Miya to carry him in.

I have new survival technique.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:11 am »

Steve tends not to zap people unless someone asks for it. Namely because I don't want to randomly incapacitate people for acting silly. Otherwise there are a few people where the button would just be taped down.
Thereby preventing STAN.

So now we know why PW doesn't do it, but I'm still not sure about Steve.

Man, I feel like I didn't really contribute anything to M14. All I did was find the keys, get shot by a teammate and not die, and fail to leg the witch before she possessed Faith.

...Actually, compared to the rest of the team, I guess that's not THAT bad!
Meanwhile, I ordered Lerman to the machine gun and gave the witch a synthflesh body and an amp club.

Pretty sure finding the keys makes you a frontrunner for MVP. Not sticking a gun in your mouth probably gives you a gold star by this point. Not sticking it in an ally's mouth gives you a little employee of the month speech and a plaque.

I have new survival technique.
See? This is the price of lacking empathy. If Xan's reaction to cute things wasn't to stuff them in his mouth and explain his contempt for everyone around him with his mouth still full, he'd probably have thought of this ages ago.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: July 22, 2014, 01:53:26 am »

I don't think I actually encountered any cute things during my alive time.
Though seeing a multiton monster in the form of a ball of fluffy white fur with two disproportionately huge, slightly bulging eyes would be kinda funny.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: July 22, 2014, 01:54:47 am »

Though seeing a multiton monster in the form of a ball of fluffy white fur with two disproportionately huge, slightly bulging eyes would be kinda funny.
That sounds like the type of thing any intelligent person would shoot on sight.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: July 22, 2014, 01:57:20 am »

But it's a fluffy wambler!
Fortunately I can fix Xan 1.0's issues with this new update. Previously, I'd designed his character so that no matter how much he boasted of his enigmatic plans to take over the universe, he himself would be the biggest limiting factor in his actually being a threat to anyone.
Behind overloads of course.
Now not so much.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: July 22, 2014, 01:59:52 am »

Fortunately I can fix Xan 1.0's issues with this new update. Previously, I'd designed his character so that no matter how much he boasted of his enigmatic plans to take over the universe, he himself would be the biggest limiting factor in his actually being a threat to anyone.
Now not so much.

Is he going to be more pleasant to his fellow man? That seems like an important factor in world domination.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:20 am »

It's fucking creepy sounding is what it is.

And fairly certain you'd run into the problems almost everything runs into with conqeuring the universe, namely, no one would want you to. Also, lack of universal travel.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:05 am »

Now not so much.

Is he going to be more pleasant to his fellow man? That seems like an important factor in world domination.
"There are no men like me. Only me."
But yeah, this one's going to have empathy; it was left out of the last version due to excessive bugginess.

Plus, he'll have conviction!
Sig! Onol

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: July 22, 2014, 02:12:15 am »

Good thing he works for ARM!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: July 22, 2014, 02:19:34 am »

Good thing he works for ARM!
This is going in the sigbox.
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: July 22, 2014, 02:21:30 am »

Gee, I sure hope none of us newbies will get PTSD from the Stan incident and end up shooting Xan on sight.

"Oh dear god, he's alive! Fire everything! Steve, we need an orbital bombardment!"
"You're on the ship..."
"WE NEED AN ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT, DAMMIT!"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7333 on: July 22, 2014, 05:26:27 am »

Xan should start creating clones that take over people, acquiring their memory and traits. It will be so funny when they start overshooting against each other.
Gee, I sure hope none of us newbies will get PTSD from the Stan incident and end up shooting Xan on sight.

"Oh dear god, he's alive! Fire everything! Steve, we need an orbital bombardment!"
"You're on the ship..."
"WE NEED AN ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT, DAMMIT!"
If you shoot a shell and put it into just the right orbit, you could end up hitting your own ship. Would that count?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:27:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: July 22, 2014, 06:16:12 am »

Well if you fire it backwards at the same relative velocity that you are trqvelling forwards then it will hit you with twice the force.

Im gonna go with yes, it counts.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 2205