Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319339 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7545 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:46 pm »

I tried. I really tried.

Oh, you. No, Faith didn't.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: July 24, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »

I tried. I really tried.

Oh, you. No, Faith didn't.
Well, she told May to while she did the same for someone else.

That's somewhere between trying and quipping "Better luck next time!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: July 24, 2014, 09:06:08 pm »

Quote from: Notable Tinkerers
Bishop Willis: Created the Bola Launcher, a promising weapon prototype that unfortunately had to be left behind during evacuation, and was destroyed along with the asteroid complex in Mission 3, having seen no actual field action.

So, the lost Bola Launcher is still Bishop's main claim to fame?
Man, that's actually kinda sad. :( I guess he was so heartbroken by its loss that he swore off tinkering ever again, huh?

@Irony: Hey? Someone actually did something/thought about doing something with the flail idea? Really?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: July 24, 2014, 09:06:54 pm »

I'm still wondering why the death robot person has an easily reachable berserk mode activator.

Also, this possession stuff has made me realize that my current character will never get robotized unless he can avoid it. He will get an all terrain wheel chair if need be. One that can't be possessed easily.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: July 24, 2014, 09:48:23 pm »

I'm still wondering why the death robot person has an easily reachable berserk mode activator.

Also, this possession stuff has made me realize that my current character will never get robotized unless he can avoid it. He will get an all terrain wheel chair if need be. One that can't be possessed easily.
You are talking about Faith, right? Well, it kinda starts here and goes downhill rapidly.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:45 pm »

@Irony: Hey? Someone actually did something/thought about doing something with the flail idea? Really?!
I... I meant saving your life, but I guess I was looking in the wrong place all along.

You are talking about Faith, right? Well, it kinda starts here and goes downhill rapidly.
The short answer is Alien Fuckery. The short answer is always Alien Fuckery.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: July 24, 2014, 10:03:17 pm »

I... I meant saving your life, but I guess I was looking in the wrong place all along.

Ohhh. Right.

...Yeah, you totally didn't. :P
YOU GUYS COULDA SAVED ME. TOTALLY.
Booze is Life for Yoink

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: July 24, 2014, 10:07:00 pm »

Wait... why isn't Faith already berserk then? I mean, unless she's got a lot of control on her head stuffs she should be doing something not expected right? Or, does the alien fuckery in her head not realize that this is a bad thing that's happening and doing something to mess with Anne or whatever the hell it is?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: July 24, 2014, 10:08:47 pm »

Maybe the berserk thing is tied more to Faith's mind, which seems to be pretty much isolated from her body given that she was shocked unconscious and it still kept moving and acting...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7554 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »

M14: Seismic kinetics. Good idea, Paris? :X

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: July 24, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

Wait... why isn't Faith already berserk then? I mean, unless she's got a lot of control on her head stuffs she should be doing something not expected right? Or, does the alien fuckery in her head not realize that this is a bad thing that's happening and doing something to mess with Anne or whatever the hell it is?
Two reasons. One is, as Yoink points out, that berserk mode is not a mechanical function of her body. It's an alien presence that, on being unleashed, fills her with rage and strength, or at least removes her inhibiting don't-damage-self restraints. Anne is, as far as we can tell, a body puppeteer, not a mind controller, and thus couldn't benefit from this without Faith being back in control.

Secondly, we're not sure Despair, as we're calling Anne in Faith's body, knows about all of her new features. She hasn't bothered trying to use the manip yet, for instance, which might mean she can't or doesn't think it's worth the risk, but might just mean she doesn't know what it is or does.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: July 24, 2014, 10:16:56 pm »

Upon further reading I'm slightly unhappy that beserk mode didn't first occur without kinetic amplifiers.

What's with the questionable design ideas on the possibly murderous robotic person though? No remote body shut down, she can just push a button and go berserk anything else I should know?

Two reasons. One is, as Yoink points out, that berserk mode is not a mechanical function of her body. It's an alien presence that, on being unleashed, fills her with rage and strength, or at least removes her inhibiting don't-damage-self restraints. Anne is, as far as we can tell, a body puppeteer, not a mind controller, and thus couldn't benefit from this without Faith being back in control.

Secondly, we're not sure Despair, as we're calling Anne in Faith's body, knows about all of her new features. She hasn't bothered trying to use the manip yet, for instance, which might mean she can't or doesn't think it's worth the risk, but might just mean she doesn't know what it is or does.
Anne doesn't know the first one from when Faith yelled out though if I remember correctly.

And I do know she at least knows about the berserk from the incident I mentioned above.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: July 24, 2014, 10:24:55 pm »

What's with the questionable design ideas on the possibly murderous robotic person though? No remote body shut down, she can just push a button and go berserk anything else I should know?
Milno did some tests getting her to select a target to berserk at and then having the target vanish. She stomped around looking for it instead of butchering those around her, much to his disappointment.

It does damage her body, so it's ill-advised for her to use it often.

It fucking destroys things. She is routinely described as simply vanishing when moving while using it, though to be fair she's done this without it as well.

Anne doesn't know the first one from when Faith yelled out though if I remember correctly.

And I do know she at least knows about the berserk from the incident I mentioned above.
Yeah, pressing the button thinking it does things could result in amusing or useless shenanigans. But as I recall she just said we were "all screwed" if she did so, so for all Anne knows that's a self-destruct.

...which she might still have cause to use at some point, but for now might want to leave well enough alone.

Come to think of it, the system is rigged up to Faith's brain, I believe. I would assume Anne would have some understanding of the thing she's piloting, so I wonder if she can tell that the button is there, but that it only affects Faith's braincase and is therefore unlikely to be of service.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: July 24, 2014, 10:29:52 pm »

Well yeah, but those still work if it's say, someplace where you need a second person who has authorization to do help.

And I doubt Anne would think that Faith meant literally everyone and instead meant 'everyone who joined this ill conceived quest.' Although I will admit that SOME people made this very very bad.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:16 pm »

Actually if Anne pushed the button who's to say all that anger and rage wouldnt let Faith overpower the body control and tear her own limbs off trying to get at Anne?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 2205