Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2311582 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7575 on: July 25, 2014, 04:42:32 am »

Yeah i meant a non-electrical megaphone.

And somehow i think your idea would create a fatal feedback loop and cause it to near instantly overload in your hand.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7576 on: July 25, 2014, 04:56:19 am »

@Tiruin: Haha, yeah. I'll edit my action later.

If you mean what we know about them IC, then it's just whatever Miyamoto and Pancaek have told us: that they can mind control people, that Faith can return to her normal self if you put her hands behind her back and that the building they are in is almost indestructible. Those are the important bits I think. If I forgot anything, somebody correct me.

OOC, I don't have enough time to write it all. If nobody else tells you, I'll write it myself later.

@Unholy: I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that, unless it is a very low quality or a very powerful megaphone. Unless you're lucky enough to hit its resonant frequency.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: July 25, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »

I have a bad feeling about Fred's sudden disappearance, and how everyone now disavows his existence.
I think we'd be safer not knowing what happened to him.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7578 on: July 25, 2014, 10:00:35 pm »

I have a bad feeling about Fred's sudden disappearance, and how everyone now disavows his existence.
I think we'd be safer not knowing what happened to him.
Poor Fred. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Steve sent him to stand in for the Armoury Master, not realising what that could lead to. He went into the Armoury's back room. He searched it. It was then that he accidentally discovered the AM's darkest secret. He dismissed it at the moment of discovery as something insignificant, his  mind focused on retrieving the objects requested by the inmates, but in time, he could come to realise its importance. It couldn't be risked. A simple mind-wipe might had not been enough. It was the only way to be sure, the only way to ensure that the truth about her shall not be revealed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: July 26, 2014, 10:07:23 am »

I'm wondering how damaged Faith will be. I think she was in berserk mode, but as far as I know that doesn't mean she's more reststant to damage, just faster and stronger because she doesn't restrain herself.

So radio... you know every single piece of equipment short of my reiterpallasch is bolted to my exosuit right?

Giving it to pancake would seriously compromise my ability to defend against Anne.

Maybe, but I only asked Auron to check whether it'd be possible in the first place; I like to know for certain what options I have.

Also, you still have a manipulator, and there's guns lying all over the place. Besides, I think you'd only really lose the pulse laser and jump rockets.

Oh, and Pan also has decent (+ 2/3) AUX, so it's not like those things would go to waste. Fact is, if Steve confirms Faith is going for that basement, and I need to send in Pan to support, then somebody would need to carry him anyways, which means having to tie up another trooper.

By the way,  I think it would be convenient if we kept track of all the loot, weapons and artifacts taken or recovered on mission 14 using the funds and pools page on the wiki. So nothing gets left behind or, ah, 'spirited away' by people.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:24:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: July 26, 2014, 10:09:17 am »

Okay, I giggled. Quite heartily.
Damn those inverted controls!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: July 26, 2014, 10:14:33 am »

Yeah about that... i kinda bolted the manipulator to my forearm behind the shield and i have -2 to conventional so yeah... kinda fucked... unless i find some grenades or someone gives me a monorazor...

Edit: Oh hey, mission 15 founds some antique rifles. Not a total waste after all. :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:24:32 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: July 26, 2014, 10:27:25 am »

Yeah about that... i kinda bolted the manipulator to my forearm behind the shield and i have -2 to conventional so yeah... kinda fucked... unless i find some grenades or someone gives me a monorazor...

Well, let's check then: PW, did Auron ever bolt his manip to his suit?

Also, why the hell would you do that? What reasoning do you have for that? And can't we just unbolt it? Screwing some nuts loose can't be that hard.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:21 am »

So i didnt have to hold it and so i can use it whilst actively hiding behind my shield obviously.

Still if piecewise says i can remove it freely im happy to do so.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7584 on: July 26, 2014, 11:15:22 am »

You can unbolt it. Don't worry.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: July 26, 2014, 11:18:07 am »

Okay then, so that plan might be possible.

Did i find any swat gear to change into?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: July 26, 2014, 11:22:41 am »

You find a lime green mankini.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7587 on: July 26, 2014, 11:44:52 am »

Hey, Steve, we recovered this piece of high tech equipment in our mission! What do you mean it's just a GPS? Well, how about this very dangerous tube of fire? What?! I don't believe it! So commandeering that alien spacecraft  you sent us investigate was all for nothing? No, I'm pretty sure that's the one you sent us investigate. Yes. Yes. Well, maybe it looks smaller when out of the ice. Well, you had no contact with us and our video logs were mysteriously deleted, so how can you tell?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: July 26, 2014, 11:59:10 am »

Well they did recover a shiny new vehicle full of guns and stuff, thats gotta net them something.

Unless steve decides to dock their pay for gross incompetance, infighting, creating uncontrolled psychokinetic fleshorrors and forcing the destruction of possible alien superweapons...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: July 26, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »

Well they did recover a shiny new vehicle full of guns and stuff, thats gotta net them something.

Unless steve decides to dock their pay for gross incompetance, infighting, creating uncontrolled psychokinetic fleshorrors and forcing the destruction of possible alien superweapons...
So it's fine?
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 2205