Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319633 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #7980 on: August 04, 2014, 02:15:49 pm »

I like how Mission 15 went from the eight stooges to the reckoning to the three stooges in no more than ten turns.
It's an efficient kind of stupidity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: August 04, 2014, 09:41:57 pm »

try to prevent Lars from... going overboard on certain aspects.

This is about the giant penis again, isn't it?  It's always about giant penises around here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: August 04, 2014, 10:14:21 pm »

try to prevent Lars from... going overboard on certain aspects.
This is about the giant penis again, isn't it?  It's always about giant penises around here.
I think it's more about the giant penis being in the propaganda rather than the unconventional combat tactics manuals :P

I have half a mind to try and shoot a video featuring the Doctor explaining that, whilst tech bans do indeed reduce the chances of a threat like the Altered from ever occurring again, it will statistically occur again eventually and the tech bans will leave humanity even less well equipped then; whilst comparatively, not only will humanity be better equipped should the ARM takes control and lifts those bans, the Doctor will ensure that if the Altered rear their ugly heads once more, the whole human species would have been so heavily modified by then that they will be able to consume and assimilate the Altered instead :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 10:38:29 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: August 05, 2014, 12:00:53 am »

Steve won't allow it. Herr Docktor is supposed to be dead I think.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: August 05, 2014, 12:48:10 am »

How about this then? :P

Fade in from from white. Level Angle, Mid-to-Long Shot of an incredibly attractive man stands alongside an ordinary man against a white background. They are both in neat casual attire.

Narrator: "This is Bob."
The unremarkable man smiles and waves.
Narrator: "He is an ordinary citizen of the United Worlds of Man, your average law abiding citizen. He obeys his magistars, he questions nothing."

Narrator: "This is Xan."
The attractive man smiles and waves.
Narrator: "He is the person who Bob could be - a citizen of the Allied Revolutionary Movement. Free from the oppressive tech bans, free to improve himself as he wishes."

With a ghastly growl, a writhing mass of flesh and chitin drops in between them. Long blades and an asymmetric construction give it a nightmarish visage.
Narrator: "This in an Altered."
The Altered hisses and growls.

Narrator: "Bob, meet Altered."
Bob turns to took at the abomination, he tries to scream but never even gets as far making any noise. He is impaled by a lance of bone and rapidly assimilated into the Altered's tumorous mass.

Narrator: "Altered, meet Xan."
Xan turns to face the Altered, he too is quickly impaled, before the tendrils fuse with his flesh, he winces slightly. The Altered only manages to partially fuse itself to Xan before it abruptly stops, its entire mass twisting and distorting, the tendrils so detaching without a mark as Xan partially assimilates the Altered into himself before recycling all of its biomass into a litter of adorable kittens.

Xan smiles wryly and walks off screen, the kittens follow him obediently in an orderly line.
Narrator: "Allied Revolutionary Movement: Better Solutions for Better People"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:49:53 am by Empiricist »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: August 05, 2014, 12:50:16 am »

Fade in from from white. Level Angle, Mid-to-Long Shot of an incredibly attractive man stands alongside an ordinary man against a white background. They are both in neat casual attire.

Narrator: "This is Bob."
The unremarkable man smiles and waves.
Narrator: "He is an ordinary citizen of the United Worlds of Man, your average law abiding citizen. He obeys his magistars, he questions nothing."

Narrator: "This is Xan."
The attractive man smiles and waves.
Narrator: "He is who Bob can be - a citizen of the Allied Revolutionary Movement. Free from the oppressive tech bans, free to improve himself as he wishes."

With a ghastly growl, a writhing mass of flesh and chitin drops in between them. Long blades and an asymmetric construction give it a nightmarish visage.
Narrator: "This in an Altered."
The Altered hisses and growls.

Narrator: "Bob, meet Altered."
Bob turns to took at the abomination, he tries to scream but never even gets as far making any noise. He is impaled by a lance of bone and rapidly assimilated into the Altered's tumorous mass.

Narrator: "Altered, meet Xan."
Xan turns to face the Altered, he too is quickly impaled, before the tendrils fuse with his flesh, he winces slightly. The Altered only manages to partially fuse itself to Xan before it abruptly stops, its entire mass twisting and distorting, the tendrils so detaching without a mark as Xan partially assimilates the Altered into himself before recycling all of its biomass into a litter of adorable kittens.

Xan smiles wryly and walks off screen, the kittens follow him obediently in an orderly line.
Narrator: "Allied Revolutionary Movement: Better Solutions for Better People"

This is going in my sig right meow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7986 on: August 05, 2014, 01:08:37 am »

Indeed. We don't need the old guard of the UWM to stir from their moldering pleasure domes because the Father of Nightmares reared his head again.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: August 05, 2014, 01:09:34 am »

Indeed. We don't need the old guard of the UWM to stir from their moldering pleasure domes because the Father of Nightmares reared his head again.
Given Xan considered Doc to be his 'father' it's even more appropriate.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: August 05, 2014, 01:20:34 am »

Given Xan considered Doc to be his 'father' it's even more appropriate.
Now you just need some sort of third 'spirit' entity and you can go start some horrible cult that resembles a twisted form of Christianity.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:22:55 am by Empiricist »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: August 05, 2014, 01:22:26 am »

New Xan. He'll be the Jesus.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: August 05, 2014, 01:23:33 am »

New Xan. He'll be the Jesus.
Who is the Holy Spirit then? You've already got The Father (of Nightmares) and The Son (no Biological Relation).

Wait what? Not that he wasn't alive but rather that he appeared again?

...As in, they knew he wasn't dead? Or he came back from the dead in the past?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:59 am »

But then we can see them duke it out. Tickets could be sold.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: August 05, 2014, 01:25:44 am »

What even is the Holy Spirit in Christianity? I've only ever heard it mentioned in that one prayer.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: August 05, 2014, 01:28:38 am »

What even is the Holy Spirit in Christianity? I've only ever heard it mentioned in that one prayer.
From my understanding, it's basically the innate desire to do good, kind of like a part of God I guess.

I guess if the Doctor had control over shock implants, you could have a prayer to The Father, The Son and The Shock Implants :P

It ain't perfect, but it works.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: August 05, 2014, 01:30:21 am »

Hmm.
That...
Yeah, newXan can be the 'holy' spirit.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 2205