Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356282 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8460 on: August 26, 2014, 11:17:49 am »

@Syvarris
Yeah it can cut through almost anything, its also only useful at short range and can only fire in short bursts.
A cutting laser is exactly what it says on the box, it is a laser for cutting through doors and obstacles, not entire buildings.

If you want to cut through buildings you need a full on laser cannon that has been specifically designed to maintain a concentrated beam over a large distance, cutting lasers simply cannot do that and a piddly little laser rifle doesnt have the juice to create such a beam or strong enough lenses to withstand it.

I suppose if you wanted to be pedantic then yes you could go room to room with a cuttong laser and cut the building in half that way, but your not going to do it with a single sweep from outside unless its an outhouse or one of those office trailers.
@parisbre
Nope no confusion here.
I said its not useful at long range, not that its melee only.
Well, then you're wrong, because I have used it in long range and continuously many times. In Hephaestus I cut down many sniper's nests with one swing. Unless by "long range" you mean LESHO rifle long. In which case I don't understand the purpose of your statement, because almost nothing is good at that range and nobody said that a cutting laser could cut a building in half.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:46 pm »

I don't envy the decision Team 14 has to make; crazy UE Emperor may be either actually trying to help mankind in his own strange way or he's totally bonkers and wants to be one with whatever eldritch abomination(s?) is(are?) coming to get us all.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:03 pm »

How are they making a decision about that? They all just seem to be running away for whatever reason.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: August 26, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »

I don't envy the decision Team 14 has to make; crazy UE Emperor may be either actually trying to help mankind in his own strange way or he's totally bonkers and wants to be one with whatever eldritch abomination(s?) is(are?) coming to get us all.

Ordered the dish destroyed. Not sure if it's the right call, but we don't have enough info to make an informed decision. And we can try to grab those eggs and see what they held, a least.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: August 26, 2014, 12:47:09 pm »

Most of the time, no one knows if what they're doing is the right call in ER. By now it's just a matter of keeping a stiff upper lip and dealing with whatever consequences come out of it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: August 26, 2014, 12:47:24 pm »

Aren't the eggs something around man-sized? If they're metal all the way through it's gonna be a pain to haul them up from underground, if we even can at all.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8466 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:46 pm »

If the APC can't reach them, I could go there, grab them and carry them back to the spaceport along with Feyri. Gilgamesh has enough fuel and I have rope to tie them onto me (best free thing I ever got). I could even help dig the eggs out, if they can't fit the eggs through the sewers.

EDIT: Or maybe just carry them to a halfway point so that they can get in the APC. Or out of the city, if it's closer.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:51:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: August 26, 2014, 12:50:28 pm »

Most of the time, no one knows if what they're doing is the right call in ER. By now it's just a matter of keeping a stiff upper lip and dealing with whatever consequences come out of it.

I know right? By now my upper lip is so stiff it doubles as a can opener.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: August 26, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

((Remember, your target looks somewhat like this. So you should probably focus on damaging this or the cables holding it.))
((But of course this isn't a normal sattelite dish. How silly of me to think so. Right, do you think that snapping the cables to one of the three towers would be enough to make the dish-ball-thing fall down? Or at least disable it?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: August 26, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »

You have a bear trap for a face, how do you even have lips?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: August 26, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »

Double parens in the OOC thread!

It should, since it'd knock everything out of alignment.  It's a pretty sensitive piece of equipment; shooting it with a rifle several times likely isn't enough, but you wouldn't have to do too much to unalign it and take it out of commission.

Of course, this being the HMRC/ARM, we should destroy everything within a half mile to be sure.

Steel's pretty stiff.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8471 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:32 pm »

Probably. I'm just using this info:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I was hoping I could finally try the Rainbow Cannon's nuke mode, but I guess I'm going to have to wait for my next chance to use excessive force...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: August 26, 2014, 02:06:58 pm »

I'm getting that removed so hard sometime soon. It never lead to anything or served any purpose and me and pw forgot about it most of the time anyways.

I was hoping I could finally try the Rainbow Cannon's nuke mode, but I guess I'm going to have to wait for my next chance to use excessive force...

Sorry man, but seeing as how it took Faith so long to get there, I really doubt you'd ever make it in time.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8473 on: August 26, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »

Hey, don't worry, it's the right choice. I was probably going to do something dangerous and/or silly anyway.

Besides, all I know about that mode is that it has a radiation symbol for a pictogram. Haven't even put the dial in that place yet. So it could be a radiation cannon like the ones the UE use for assassinations. Or it could cause the weapon to self destruct. Or maybe it's some sort of shield or triple shot if my theory that it's from a quiet world is incorrect.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: August 26, 2014, 02:15:29 pm »

Right, edited my action. Here's hoping Renen won't try and run fast enoug to smack the damn thing so that it crushes us both. I'd really hate a "rocks fall, you die" scenario after all the abuse Pan's already survived
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 2205