Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2351983 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8610 on: August 29, 2014, 10:23:01 am »

I think you're being very optimistic on the pricing.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: August 29, 2014, 10:27:24 am »

How so?
Its just a reconfigured gauss rifle, a slightly altered life support system and a bit of reinforced material.

We are already churning out "free" gauss rifles for our sods so the only cost is the stretchy kevlar.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: August 29, 2014, 10:29:15 am »

I doubt even a pair of cheap-as-dirt hand lasers would be completely free in this case.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: August 29, 2014, 10:36:46 am »

Piecewise did mention mass production discounts for the replacement MkI yeah?
Im not imagining things again right?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: August 29, 2014, 10:38:51 am »

Something I forgot to mention: basement team, if you cannot download the data, maybe try breaking open the computers and cutting out whatever components look like they're used for mass data storage. It worked in M7, so it might again.

How so?
Its just a reconfigured gauss rifle, a slightly altered life support system and a bit of reinforced material.

We are already churning out "free" gauss rifles for our sods so the only cost is the stretchy kevlar.

Because a) game balance. Giving stuff for free to sods doesn't mean players should get too much free stuff. Gameplay-story segregation right here. And b) that's quite some stuff in there. A gun and a melee weapon and armor.

Even if im completely wrong about which laserproof material was used, we still had the one year timeskip progressing the research in the background.

Research should be done even if production is difficult.
Some things to consider:
-sometimes, an artifact might not be useful because its effect cannot be replicated. Science crews are good, but not perfect.
-they might have been working on the Hammer cannon or another secret project
-pw wants to give the Hep players a chance to do some stuff themselves if they want.

Yes. And a base suit was so cheap it'd only cost a token, which was reduced to 0 due to mass production.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: August 29, 2014, 10:42:03 am »

Using that discount for weapons instead of some form of extra survival equipment is counterproductive, is what I mean. Suppose the wearer is an Exo or Aux user? Weapons is what the starting 5-token fund is for.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: August 29, 2014, 11:00:30 am »

How so?

Because a) game balance. Giving stuff for free to sods doesn't mean players should get too much free stuff. Gameplay-story segregation right here. And b) that's quite some stuff in there. A gun and a melee weapon and armor.

Even if im completely wrong about which laserproof material was used, we still had the one year timeskip progressing the research in the background.

Research should be done even if production is difficult.
Some things to consider:
-sometimes, an artifact might not be useful because its effect cannot be replicated. Science crews are good, but not perfect.
-they might have been working on the Hammer cannon or another secret project
-pw wants to give the Hep players a chance to do some stuff themselves if they want.

Yes. And a base suit was so cheap it'd only cost a token, which was reduced to 0 due to mass production.
...i may reconfigure my action.

A) its a one off gift of starter gear for the newbies, have a heart.
B) its not 3 things, its just armor and a weapon. No different to a rifle with a bayonet.

-true, but diminished effectiveness is more likely.
-again cannon is an engineering thing, not a xenowhatchamacallitist thing. Special project... maybe... depends on alien influence level.
-which is why hep is getting the termite gun, which still saddens me greatly because delays.

Yay not imagining things.

Using that discount for weapons instead of some form of extra survival equipment is counterproductive, is what I mean. Suppose the wearer is an Exo or Aux user? Weapons is what the starting 5-token fund is for.
Armor and anti depressurization doesnt count as extra survival gear?
Exo users can still use the piledriver as a lockpunch by simply pushing their fist against the lock and aux users need to spring for hardmounts anyway.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8617 on: August 29, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »

@UP: You're essentially describing a suit like than the NextGen MK1 Simus created with some weapons and armour attached. Simus' suit is already at the margin of 0 tokens. Adding anything more to it like weapons would push the price up.

Plus, you have to consider that gauss rifles and kinetic amps already cost 2 and 3 tokens  respectively WITH the mass production discount. You can't bring their price down any further.

The mass production discount only works for prototyped items, so that if the prototype costs 8 tokens, then the mass produced item costs 5 (numbers are given just for example and do not reflect the actual discount percentage).

You could probably create some sort of Offensive MK2, a MK2 with less survival gear and more armour and weapons for a small discount, although people would probably prefer the new NextGen MK2 created in Hephaestus, which focuses on medical systems and armour instead, since they can just buy whatever weapons they want. An offensive MK2 would have the disadvantage of restricting the user to only a few weapons choices, thus it would not be preferred by anyone who already has a weapon they are comfortable with.

Still if you can get the Hephaestus people to develop it, it might be useful to some newbies, since they could pay less than 8 token to buy gear that costs 8 tokens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: August 29, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »

I think it's safe to say that you're not getting anything more threatening than a knife for free.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: August 29, 2014, 12:50:38 pm »

To be fair i did say it wasnt gonna come with the amp.

And i can work with free knives, lots and lots of free knives...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: August 29, 2014, 12:51:05 pm »

I think it's safe to say that you're not getting anything more threatening than a knife for free.
That's good. My character could use a free knife about now. Limbs to amputate and whatnot.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: August 29, 2014, 12:55:10 pm »

Obviously all i need to do is replace the piledriver shotty with an electric sawblade or chainsaw and my suit is fixed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8622 on: August 29, 2014, 01:27:51 pm »

The rec room has a kitchen. You can get free knives there. And save a piece of Mesk in the refrigerator for Milno.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: August 29, 2014, 01:32:38 pm »

I'm kinda tempted to see if I could transfer any nanotechnology from his severed arm to me. That might be a bad idea though. Also, he hasn't actually agreed to let me lop his arm off yet.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8624 on: August 29, 2014, 01:46:19 pm »

Well, if you can stick him in an artefact container and give him to the doctor, I'm certain he could give you something in return to help you regenerate (the Doctor, not Mesk, Mesk would be too busy screaming as the Doctor force feeds him space magic and his nanobots turn into magical space nanobots to give you anything).

Alternatively, you can get them arm in stasis and send it to Hephaestus to be reverse engineered, but that's so boringly safe and slow compared to unpredictable Doctor experimentation.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 2205