Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355811 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9030 on: September 17, 2014, 04:44:01 pm »

((Such an amp, with no flat +1? Daring!))
I'm still conflicted, unsure about whether or not I should buy one or save for a decompensator and get one later. I don't even know if I'll be able to afford it. Maybe it would be better to let Lars handle that this mission and just leave it for later.

EDIT: If I even get picked.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: September 17, 2014, 04:45:20 pm »

As the person most experienced with the consequences of not having a decomp, let the hilarity begin get a decomp.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9032 on: September 17, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »

Not everyone has their dice stuck on overshoot. And I'm using conventional weapons of mass destruction, so that makes overshoots slightly better.

Still, you're right, better safe and sorry.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:50:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »

Hey, my dice isn't stuck on overshoot!
It's also undershoot.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: September 17, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »

If the mission 17 people contact Hephaestus, I could get Charles to prepare a speech or two for them to use. I won't be perfect seeing as he'll have to do it in advance, but it's probably better than using a speech roll from someone else.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: September 17, 2014, 05:01:10 pm »

The robbery team needs to wear clown masks and escape in a school bus.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »

And shoot each other in sequence before we leave? :P

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: September 17, 2014, 05:42:33 pm »

And shoot each other in sequence before we leave? :P
Given with how ARM works I wouldn't be surprised.  We wouldn't even need the promise of a bigger cut. :P
Of course the black ops team has proven itself to be more competent than that.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9038 on: September 17, 2014, 05:47:04 pm »

Be sure to leave your card.

And play some music.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: September 17, 2014, 08:03:52 pm »

Shoot for 5. Probably best not to send a huge team. More people inevitably means more opportunity for problems.

PW raises an excellent point.  Clearly to ensure success on these missions, we should send nobody.  Without anyone around to screw it up, there will be no failure!

((Such an amp, with no flat +1? Daring!))
I'm still conflicted, unsure about whether or not I should buy one or save for a decompensator and get one later. I don't even know if I'll be able to afford it. Maybe it would be better to let Lars handle that this mission and just leave it for later.

Lars ran with a +2/3.  That said, he also had a dynamic bonus every time he used it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: September 17, 2014, 10:53:20 pm »

Hey Yobbo, if you're the official THE LIST keeper, could you mark Cecil down for the heist mission as a 1/2 mission newbie?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:38 pm »

Hey Yobbo, if you're the official THE LIST keeper, could you mark Cecil down for the heist mission as a 1/2 mission newbie?

The On Ship thread itself is the official THE LIST keeper. Then the Wiki, then probably me or Aoshima, who have done most of the edits to the wiki for this.

Regardless, IT HAS BEEN DONE! I will post the latest in list technology to the On Ship thread when I go to bed tonight.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: September 17, 2014, 11:52:10 pm »

Lars nodded.  "I will do as you ask."
The reference to the painting of the Star Eater was lost on him.
Fun fact: it was lost on Maurice just as well. Though I would rather connect it with "Eater of Cold" or whatever that invading horror, consuming outer colonies, is. Though it certainly brings interesting possibilities to mind, like 'what was the real reason behind wiping the memory of it' and other conspiracies.
As for the painting - Maurice was, in fact, very literal. As in drawing Doctor VonNost as he appeared in the memories and showing that to Lars instead of going the hard and dangerous road of mind-reading. Then again, it wouldn't be HMRC enough if we always did things the safe and boring way. ;D

Faith sighed.
"I do think I'd be pretty good for the diplomacy mission, though. I'm one of the most charismatic people I've seen around here, not that that's saying much, and I'm a relatively powerful veteran. Even moreso if I can afford a universal manipulator before the mission, which is... up in the air, I suppose. Either way, I think I'd be good for just about any task we might have down there."
Faith. On another official diplomacy mission. Bringing in the most potent magical calculator of all. And boasting Uncon +2, if her wiki page is to go by.
Noooothing could possibly go wrong here.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: September 17, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

Lars nodded.  "I will do as you ask."
The reference to the painting of the Star Eater was lost on him.
Fun fact: it was lost on Maurice just as well. Though I would rather connect it with "Eater of Cold" or whatever that invading horror, consuming outer colonies, is. Though it certainly brings interesting possibilities to mind, like 'what was the real reason behind wiping the memory of it' and other conspiracies.
As for the painting - Maurice was, in fact, very literal. As in drawing Doctor VonNost as he appeared in the memories and showing that to Lars instead of going the hard and dangerous road of mind-reading. Then again, it wouldn't be HMRC enough if we always did things the safe and boring way. ;D

Faith sighed.
"I do think I'd be pretty good for the diplomacy mission, though. I'm one of the most charismatic people I've seen around here, not that that's saying much, and I'm a relatively powerful veteran. Even moreso if I can afford a universal manipulator before the mission, which is... up in the air, I suppose. Either way, I think I'd be good for just about any task we might have down there."
Faith. On another official diplomacy mission. Bringing in the most potent magical calculator of all. And boasting Uncon +2, if her wiki page is to go by.

So long as she doesn't accidentally molest the king with her tongue she should be fine. ((Literally or figuratively, whatever))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: September 18, 2014, 12:02:03 am »

Faith sighed.

So long as she doesn't accidentally molest the king with her tongue she should be fine. ((Literally or figuratively, whatever))
Hey, last time everything was supposed to explode! D:

...well not everything, but the king was. Murdering the guy we were supposed to protect was the only thing we did right!

And besides, what are the odds their divine king will also be a child? A child in delicious, delicious robes...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 2205