Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2354079 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #10575 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:54 am »

I think Heph would be very Grate-full if you tried to do that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: October 30, 2014, 10:01:31 am »

By my calculations, Grate should be 14 now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:21 am »

methodological Graticide as a viable contribution to the scientific method
Well, there is that (which is totally cool, never mind - it's just like testing Mesk for new spine-breaking wrestling maneuvers), or:
  • obligatory subjecting native Hephaestians (or population of any other planet, for that sake) - we don't need many test subjects, so a variation of(or voluntary alternative to) capital punishment might work just as well;
  • completely voluntary testing on the Sword's former inmates - especially ones fresh out of stasis (they are often the most eager of all to try violent and dangerous options leading to closing off the power gap between them and veterans, if the Doctor's sociological studies are anything to speak of).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: October 30, 2014, 10:12:22 am »

Are "new" Grates the exactly same age as the ones they replace?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:20 am »

I did the math that way.  In reality, I don't know.  He'd lose about a year and a half if his age reverts (since the "save point" is the Heph assault.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: October 30, 2014, 10:21:32 am »

Are "new" Grates the exactly same age as the ones they replace?
Even if not, Grate could be let out of stasis for a few years to formally mature every now and after a failed test.

And then again, I think that despite his age Grate has proven himself a full 'Corps member, and cannot be considered an infant or a minor any more.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: October 30, 2014, 01:07:10 pm »

-go solve the Leo issue
-Interrogate headless prisoner
-research M14 artifacts
-research Gratesplosion artifacts

I'm not interogating Leo without a mind control amp, I'm not really sure what M14 stuff we have (seriously, could someone make a list?), and I didn't think we had any interesting Gratesplosion artifacts.  Again, list?

Anton needs the high-energy physics lab. It can't be built and staffed until Saint is done with his bioforges, or the preliminary work on the amp factory is done.

Nyeh?  Where'd you get that?  The bioforge that's being built right now isn't using a construction crew, and if your lab doesn't require those it's fine to build it concurrently with everything else. 

They are creating things for their own amusement, and as a result are squandering resources, their time, and their gift.

Ehh, honestly I can't disagree with that.  Managing hephaestus stuff is really secondary to me.  I'm still in the mindset of being a researcher hired onto a team, rather than one of two actual managers. >.>

Has anyone asked PW if you Heph people can (ab)use Grate for this?  If he goes nasty, just shoot him and get a fresh copy.

I did, for one of the ER talks.  PW basically said that Grate doesn't really exist for any practical purposes.

Trust me, I'd already be using him if PW had said that I could.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: October 30, 2014, 01:40:16 pm »

I'm not interogating Leo without a mind control amp, I'm not really sure what M14 stuff we have (seriously, could someone make a list?), and I didn't think we had any interesting Gratesplosion artifacts.  Again, list?

Oh for the love off...

Doing these things are your job, and of your fellow Hephaestians. Sure, it's not as fun as tinkering, but did you ever suspect that there would be no boring administrative duties with an operation like running a factory planet? And what, exactly, is stopping you from checking it yourself?

Anyways, using the wiki, this is what I can gather doing 5 minutes of searching and memory:
M14:
Burnout amp, glowworm gun, headless dude, scuba diver dude's gear, boxed cultist leader.

Gratesplosion:
weird gas that dissolves stuff. Eternally burning piece of rebar

I probably missed some things, but you can go check the threads for that.

Ehh, honestly I can't disagree with that.  Managing hephaestus stuff is really secondary to me.  I'm still in the mindset of being a researcher hired onto a team, rather than one of two actual managers. >.>

Woo boy you people are lucky I'm not calling the shots over there.

Here's hoping Pyro returns soon to get things back on track.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: October 30, 2014, 01:44:20 pm »

Plus you really should talk with Leo, if only to make sure he didn't escape. No one ever checked on him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: October 30, 2014, 01:46:44 pm »

Plus you really should talk with Leo, if only to make sure he didn't escape. No one ever checked on him.

It would be hilarious if he has escaped by now and is lounging somewhere in the depths of the planet, sipping cocktails plotting revenge.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: October 30, 2014, 01:49:28 pm »

He might actually be.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: October 30, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »

Anton needs the high-energy physics lab. It can't be built and staffed until Saint is done with his bioforges, or the preliminary work on the amp factory is done.

Nyeh?  Where'd you get that?  The bioforge that's being built right now isn't using a construction crew, and if your lab doesn't require those it's fine to build it concurrently with everything else.

Mostly it's because we don't have the resources to do it. We don't even have the resources to build another construction ship right now, much less a whole orbital facility.

Also, Radio - artifact research may be our job at Heph, but it's mostly not our forte. We've always had the science teams doing that, and Anton is best kept as far away from alien artifacts as possible anyway.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: October 30, 2014, 01:55:22 pm »

Aww c'mon now Sean, where's that can-do attitude I've come to expect from you? Just because it's not your strong suit means you'll never even try it? After all, practice makes perfect.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: October 30, 2014, 02:04:42 pm »

Oh for the love off...

Doing these things are your job, and of your fellow Hephaestians. Sure, it's not as fun as tinkering, but did you ever suspect that there would be no boring administrative duties with an operation like running a factory planet? And what, exactly, is stopping you from checking it yourself?

Anyways, using the wiki, this is what I can gather doing 5 minutes of searching and memory:
M14:
Burnout amp, glowworm gun, headless dude, scuba diver dude's gear, boxed cultist leader.

Gratesplosion:
weird gas that dissolves stuff. Eternally burning piece of rebar

I probably missed some things, but you can go check the threads for that.
Also that one thing that generates nauseating blackness when on ground.

And all science teams are idle. Put them on work.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: October 30, 2014, 02:13:48 pm »

Spoiler: Artifacts to research (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:07:48 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 2205