Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355800 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12240 on: January 16, 2015, 05:47:16 pm »

But of course!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12241 on: January 16, 2015, 07:21:07 pm »

All of the potions are going to have really weird effects, aren't they.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12242 on: January 16, 2015, 07:23:29 pm »

Oh dear. Looks like Mission 18's going to experience an explosion.

You could just download the poison generator and start that game.
I'm already running one...
And I have a second one planned but little time to work on it. I admire and envy piecewise for his ability to do so much.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: January 17, 2015, 01:11:34 am »

All of the potions are going to have really weird effects, aren't they.
I experimented a bit with PW's potion generator, and at least 30% of the effects were so weird I couldn't wrap my mind around them.

Quote from: Just.. what
Potency: Average
Nature: Horrible
Type: Alterant: Alters aspects of reality
Key Interactions: Scythe, pleasure
Duration: 13 hours

Quote from: I assume this is an anti-Milno potion
Nature: Negative
Type: Elixir: Alters existent physical, mental or spiritual properties
Key Interactions: Badger, Toxin
Duration: 3 days

Quote from: What does this do and how is it positive?
Nature: Positive
Key Interactions: folded, organ
Duration: 27 minutes

Quote from: This is weird in a different way. Whip phobia?
Nature: Neutral
Key Interactions: Whip, afraid
Duration: Permanent

There's really a lot of stuff that depends heavily on interpretation, so given the GM we have... yeah, it's all going to be be weird.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12244 on: January 17, 2015, 01:59:23 am »

Possibly the effects as are follows.

1. Causes pleasure to ripple through your body in the form of numerous small metaphysical blades causing greivous bodily harm.
2. Poisons you causing muscle deterioration and makes you mentally regress into an angry badger.
3. All of your organs fold into themselves multiple times whilst retaining function causing them to be both incredibly resilient due to their density and hard to hit due to small size.
4. Allows your psyche to indiscriminately lash out with tendrils of physical force when you are afraid.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: January 17, 2015, 03:26:56 am »

Jump down the hole and join Chief in her exploring. High endurance, robobody, mk3, I should be fine.

What is your plan to get out of the hole? Rockets and fire?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: January 17, 2015, 03:59:11 am »

One thing: you're flying down into a room of frozen, concentrated oxygen. Flying. With flames.

But as long as there is no fuel to oxidize, he should be fine, no? What could serve as a source of fuel to burn down there?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: January 17, 2015, 04:13:20 am »

One thing: you're flying down into a room of frozen, concentrated oxygen. Flying. With flames.

But as long as there is no fuel to oxidize, he should be fine, no? What could serve as a source of fuel to burn down there?
The rockets themselves can be destroyed by oxidation, because the nozzles run hot, and concentrated oxygen is likely to react with them. But the real problem is that solid, frozen oxygen, has a very small fraction of the volume that it has when it's a gas. Any piece of frozen oxygen that gets near an active rocket nozzle, or is caught in the exhaust plume, is going to explosively evaporate.

This is assuming that the Mk3's rocket fuel oxidizes completely with the carried oxidizer, and that the superheated exhaust gas cannot oxidize further if sufficient oxygen is present.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: January 17, 2015, 05:36:38 am »

The rockets themselves can be destroyed by oxidation, because the nozzles run hot, and concentrated oxygen is likely to react with them. But the real problem is that solid, frozen oxygen, has a very small fraction of the volume that it has when it's a gas. Any piece of frozen oxygen that gets near an active rocket nozzle, or is caught in the exhaust plume, is going to explosively evaporate.

This is assuming that the Mk3's rocket fuel oxidizes completely with the carried oxidizer, and that the superheated exhaust gas cannot oxidize further if sufficient oxygen is present.

As long as he doesn't touch the frozen oxygen with the booster, nothing should happen I think. And Baldman's dude is in a Mk.I according to wiki, and that thing has big heat fins that get 'very, very hot' according to pw, and he is fine. And there is a big hole to let gasses out, so as long as no big chunk hits the warm parts, any small bits can safely evaporate. A good point about incomplete oxidation, but seeing how much energy you need to keep a MK.III flying so long, I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12249 on: January 17, 2015, 06:22:05 am »

@RC: I think the difference between a MK2 and a flying MK3 is quite large in terms of heat output. It's like comparing a warm needle to a hair-dryer blowtorch.

If they start shooting guns, just stand there not giving a damn as I prepare to fire my non-lethal microwaves at them and then fire once ready.
((You may want to specify - wide-angle, lowest intensity microwaves. Also known as the "excruciating pain and 2nd degree burns" setting, for the Raduga.))
I've said that before, so I assumed piecewise would remember it, but I guess there's no harm in reminding him, just to be safe.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: January 17, 2015, 06:39:54 am »

I've said that before, so I assumed piecewise would remember it, but I guess there's no harm in reminding him, just to be safe.
True.

Also, "shooting non-lethal microwaves" makes me think of a compressed-air launcher for rubberized microwave ovens.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: January 17, 2015, 06:48:24 am »

And that is going to be your next project.
Actually, I remember how a laser grenade was talked about but denied as lasers require a focused beam for at least a couple seconds to do any real damage, but what about a Gauss grenade? Just a layer of fragile metal plates surrounding a magnet that when activated makes anyone in the room diced bad guy, could that work?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: January 17, 2015, 06:51:16 am »

@RC: I think the difference between a MK2 and a flying MK3 is quite large in terms of heat output. It's like comparing a warm needle to a hair-dryer blowtorch.

Yes indeed. But since those fins are still rather hot, them touching a large bit of the solid oxygen should still elicit a big response (eg the popping noises from the rapidly evaporating oxygen when small flakes hit his fins). Next to that, Chief has 'excavated' a good part of the frozen 'web of frozen gases', allowing a Mk.III to use its boosters without hitting the solid. But eh, it's pw's decision, and not really my problem in the end!

And that is going to be your next project.
Actually, I remember how a laser grenade was talked about but denied as lasers require a focused beam for at least a couple seconds to do any real damage, but what about a Gauss grenade? Just a layer of fragile metal plates surrounding a magnet that when activated makes anyone in the room diced bad guy, could that work?

So, like a normal grenade, but more expensive?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: January 17, 2015, 06:55:18 am »

No, EMP grenade with dicing shrapnel.

What about a monorazor net?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: January 17, 2015, 07:00:17 am »

Mindfuck field generator?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 2205