Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356118 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12615 on: January 28, 2015, 10:14:10 pm »

Question: What is the Azoth of the Paracelsus's Sword? It's clearly not Steve, now that we know that "he is not here".
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nunzillor

« Reply #12616 on: January 28, 2015, 10:18:16 pm »

This is kind of random, but maybe the giant fireball in M18 is the "sun" you're supposed to kill the Eater under.
It's quite possible... Hapah also suggested that that may be the case.  If feasible, I think it makes most sense to sacrifice the Eater when both the real sun and the fireball are directly overhead to hedge our bets.  But if we do get to the pit before nightfall this game-day, I wouldn't have Tek be opposed to that plan.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: January 28, 2015, 10:59:47 pm »

@Emp

I'd be interested in hearing more about what you were working on.  Do you mean just a Dark Souls-esque setting, or a Perplexicon thing?
A perplexicon game. Similar to the post-arena phase of the original. So it's an open-world game set in a cyberpunk setting (or rather, what used to be, the Other kinda got in, killed everyone, ate stuff and corrupted everything) with fragments of a fantasy world (the Other's previous meal) that basically serve as anomalies (they've got stuff there that players cannot make, like remnants of dead gods and artifacts of the OUTSIDER, but they're a lot more dangerous) scattered everywhere. It's partially inspired by Hong Kong cinema, so players will be able to do things such as run along walls, deflect bullets using melee weapons and whatnot.

I'm still working on the system, but it will separate stats into External (physical things and skills) and Internal (magic and willpower) with their own statpools as to encourage people to combine the two (also because the External stats tend to be used against the External stats of enemies, whilst the Internal stats tend to be used against a fixed scale instead). That way they aren't entirely defenseless on the first few turns (they start with a random potion and one of the OUTSIDER's matches that summons a basic weapon of their choice as well) which is important since letting people experiment with magic in a relatively safe area kinda defeats the whole point of the game.

I'm not too sure whether or not it would be considered Dark Souls style, since there would be definite cannon fodder enemies plus it isn't as dedicated as being dark (considering the presence of beatboxing squid amongst other things). Though there are definitely skelewheels. And possibly a Bed of Chaos sprouting out of another Bed of Chaos sprouting out of a skelewheel.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: January 28, 2015, 11:30:22 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
Perhaps. Though, getting that powerful isn't without danger. Are you willing to subject yourself experimentation? Possibly fatally?

Yes. I would definitely be up for this.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: January 28, 2015, 11:50:09 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
Perhaps. Though, getting that powerful isn't without danger. Are you willing to subject yourself experimentation? Possibly fatally?

Yes. I would definitely be up for this.
Wait, attaining that sort of power is only possibly fatal? That's better odds of survival than most missions. PW might have to set up one of those things where people can take a number, like at the DMV. Except unlike the DMV, people could actually get a worthwhile reward for the pain and suffering.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12620 on: January 29, 2015, 02:10:20 am »

Ok people who want more perplexicon. Got a question for you.

What are some of the quintessential spells or moments from the game that you remember.

I need to know for reasons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: January 29, 2015, 02:14:03 am »

The point where one character while fighting Null tries to throw a rock but being made out of pure... Plasma? Magic? It explodes, he asks about why everything under his feet doesn't explode either, but Null just shrugs.
Oh, and the discovery of the essential go-to evil spell, that is something that I recall.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12622 on: January 29, 2015, 02:17:10 am »

-The shock of finding that Zentol's effect had suddenly changed.
-Realizing that stat enhancing equipment can be made using elements and shapes alone.
-Angle's fungus mech.
-The booze dimension.
-Cog destroying stuff made out of stone.
-The spells that made one form generate another form (like the beam katana, clocksword greatbow and blackhole armcannon).

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: January 29, 2015, 02:19:03 am »

Also the time one of the characters pushed a rock over a ledge to try and squash someone, but, and I quote "It was about as subtle as a neon pink tank driving through a nitroglycerin factory."
Still made me giggle like crazy now.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: January 29, 2015, 02:25:25 am »

Oh, also the team-killing arcane beam that demolished a building and drilled into a mountain.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: January 29, 2015, 02:29:46 am »

Giant flaming tristalk monster artillery shot.

Discovering the control effect on the plant staff.

Decapitating someone using bonewhip arms.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: January 29, 2015, 02:51:48 am »

I never got to play, but I suppose I can throw in a few things I remember from reading it.

The control word in general. Made for awesome possibilities.

That guy turning into a wood ooze.

The booze plant nobody made.

ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR!

Oh, and when that guy made out of electricity got almost completely destroyed by the mage shooting iron spikes. I think it was Toaster's character, wasn't it? Didn't he attach his head to something else afterwards?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:40 am »

the big thing i remember about perplexicon was how crazy-hard it was to heal anything ever.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: January 29, 2015, 03:54:56 am »

I also remember how goddamn quick those threads went sometimes. Faster than a speeding bullet and wordier than a Rand novel.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: January 29, 2015, 04:01:33 am »

I've ... I've seen faster, if not more substantiative.
But I never got very far into perplexicon in the first place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 2205