Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319446 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #12630 on: January 29, 2015, 05:25:13 am »

I recall when Garth Garplacks picked a random word that started with a Gar and discovered the very first method of killing people with magic, informing everyone else of it at the same time.

Actually, it's these moments of discovery that stick with me the most. The discovery of the full-body word, the point where I figured out what each of the pages mean, but most of all that feeling in the very beginning where none of us knew what we were looking at and were just shouting random words a lot. The other iteration of Perplexicon I played in just really wasn't the same, since the players already knew what they were looking for and how the game was played. That freshness might be hard or impossible to recapture, though.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: January 29, 2015, 05:31:17 am »

I only remember dying quite horribly.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12632 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:48 am »

the big thing i remember about perplexicon was how crazy-hard it was to heal anything ever.
There was a healing word, but not many people experimented with page 4 words. I think most people just used elemental control to heal themselves.

Oh, and that time Toaster launched the cluster blackhole. At least, I think it was Toaster. Generally having fun with our team.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:55:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: January 29, 2015, 07:32:41 am »

the big thing i remember about perplexicon was how crazy-hard it was to heal anything ever.
There was a healing word, but not many people experimented with page 4 words. I think most people just used elemental control to heal themselves.

Oh, and that time Toaster launched the cluster blackhole. At least, I think it was Toaster. Generally having fun with our team.
Oh that was brilliant.

Mindjacked him and made him kill himself and his friend.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: January 29, 2015, 10:20:41 am »

What are some of the quintessential spells or moments from the game that you remember.

ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR

Cylinder Cat

Talos turning his lungs into kittens

Figuring out how to fly

A black hole so massive half the arena had to roll against it.

Actually, it's these moments of discovery that stick with me the most. The discovery of the full-body word, the point where I figured out what each of the pages mean, but most of all that feeling in the very beginning where none of us knew what we were looking at and were just shouting random words a lot. The other iteration of Perplexicon I played in just really wasn't the same, since the players already knew what they were looking for and how the game was played. That freshness might be hard or impossible to recapture, though.

This, a lot.  Realizing that if I put "crystal" into "something goes thataway" it turns into murder.

The point where one character while fighting Null tries to throw a rock but being made out of pure... Plasma? Magic? It explodes, he asks about why everything under his feet doesn't explode either, but Null just shrugs.
You punch the insulting stone sign. It sort of explodes violently as you do so. You try to grab one of the larger stones but that stone explodes as you touch it.

"Wait, shouldn't that mean the stone under my feet should be exploding too?"

"Don't second guess magic." Null says, idly picking his teeth while a stone throne rises out of the ground  for him to sit on. "When you're ready, by the way."

Oh that was brilliant.

Mindjacked him and made him kill himself and his friend.

Good times.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: January 29, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

So umm... anyone know what happened with the gloworm gun research?

Did we get termite cannons?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: January 29, 2015, 03:29:55 pm »

First thing to jump to my mind was Aether and Bismuth's conflict, but as far as magic...  When I tried to make a aura of distortion dust, but only enchanted my chest, so when I activated it I was completely de-limbed instantly.

The repel word, which was originally detected when Tsuchi(?) used it to accidentally tear her leg off, and was somehow forgotten about for a hundred turns.

Using Zentol with zero in every stat to get a +1 in every physical stat, and 7/8 corruption.  That was awesome.  Speedhacking, too.

That guy sucking me into a black hole to counter my +7 to dodge rolls.

That time I summoned a laser dome, to counter the monkey which leapt into the air at me.

The time the 'undead' word was first discovered, to make skeletons crawl from the ground and construct... a wheel.

Enchanting my pet zombie with various modifers, to try and figure out what they did.  In general, enchanting NPCs was great, whether harmful or helpful.

Designing a gauss gun capable of firig harmful magic rounds, which I never got around to actually building.

Circles were awesome too, although no particular instances aside from the booze dimension come to mind.

The biggest thing I disliked was when creativity wasn't rewarded.  For example, most of the time, the rich variety of targeting words had no real difference between them- whether you vomitted lightning, shot eyebeams, or simply said 'fire forward', you'd just roll dex to see if you hit.  More advantage to situational use would have been nice.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: January 29, 2015, 03:33:11 pm »

So umm... anyone know what happened with the gloworm gun research?

Did we get termite cannons?

Check the wiki.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: January 29, 2015, 04:08:13 pm »

Thank you for that completely useless response.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: January 29, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »

1) go to wiki
2) type 'glowworm gun' into searchbar
3) ??
4) profit!

Also, less passive agressive if possible, thank you.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: January 29, 2015, 04:32:52 pm »

1) go to wiki
2) type 'glowworm gun' into searchbar
3) ??
4) profit!

Also, less passive agressive if possible, thank you.

That's just the thing though. There's nothing on the wiki about the glowworm gun. It's still listed as being under research on the Heph page as well.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: January 29, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »

New guns? Now I'm curious. So the glow worm gun should be researched by now, right? Is that what the mindfuck gun prototypes on the shipping manifest are? Also, does the MkIII-A need to be tested? If so, can I do it?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: January 29, 2015, 04:41:37 pm »

Okay two things.

First; when i ask a serious question i expect an answer, not a catch phrase.
I dont expect you to put forth the effort to find the source information but i do expect you to take a few seconds to think about it.

Second; the wiki has no information on it at all.

Edit:
@beirus,
Mindfuck gun is reverse engineered tech from an earlier mission, mission 2 or thereabouts if i remember correctly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:44:49 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12643 on: January 29, 2015, 04:50:11 pm »

I don't think I ever responded to the glowworm gun research cause no one asked me for the results.

So the gun itself seems to be a hive of sorts for some sort of atomic level matter eating...somethings. Lab boys call them termites. The consciousness in the gun controls them, and they invade the body and control it. The problem is that they can't seem to inhabit inorganic hosts without degrading destroying them eventually. The other problem is that, while we can replicate the "effect" of the beam which implants the targets with what amount to soldiers ants designed to eat away their opponents, controlling them without the group consciousness is difficult. Impossible, actually. We had to drop the test chamber into a matter annihilator.

So, we're kinda at a "Gray goo" level with them right now. More research is necessary. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: January 29, 2015, 04:56:28 pm »

You think the Doc could implant some sort of control device into the gun user to substitute for the conciousness in the original gun?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 2205