Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2354386 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #14580 on: March 30, 2015, 03:51:46 pm »

I see we have a Xan Brain mod now.
Eh wossat
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: March 30, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

Braincase mobility system
Token Cost: 6
Stat Restriction: Int +1, Aux +1
Incompatible with: None
Description: This system encloses the life support systems and power source of the brain case in a armored shell which is then mounted on highly mobile spider like mechanical limbs and placed in the body. In the event that the body should be rendered completely inoperable, this secondary system can be activated and allow the brain to move about of its own accord. It comes prepackaged with a lightweight laser system for defense, until a suitable replacement body can be found.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: March 30, 2015, 03:57:52 pm »

Actually, if you limit the amount of amps a person can have through int, that might be an elegant way to solve it. Any actual exo users have an opinion on it? Or Just combining will and int would also be a viable idea, now that we have general knowledge to represent rolling for knowing random things.

And it's not that I want uncon really buffed or exo nerfed, more like... For uncon to be equally useful as exo, sonce they both primarily deal in space magic. Yes, I know that's hard to balance exactly.

By the way, are those exoskeletons the old ones, or the new ones from Miya's research, which you said could buff them to +2 in the old system?

For genemods: mods that put (a) physical stat(s) on par with a regular exoskeleton. Aka you'll become a physically almost superhuman, but while still looking rahter normal (aka well trained person, not hulk).
Basically give a person sod-like physical perfection.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: March 30, 2015, 04:00:45 pm »

Actually, if you limit the amount of amps a person can have through int, that might be an elegant way to solve it.
This would mean that exo users need both will for mindpoints and int to "equip" multiple amps. what?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14584 on: March 30, 2015, 04:01:23 pm »

Piecewise. What happens to sub-exoskeletons designed by Nikitian Greiss? Models "Hope", "Faith" and "Confidence"?
I dunno. They don't really fit into the dynamic of the new system. Plus normal exoskeletons were cheapened to make them easier to get hold of, so they probably won't exist anymore, at least not as they are.

Could we say those models get upgraded into full-fledged exoskeleton? For free, for nominal price or be refunded like decompensators?
We'll say that You can upgrade them for the price of the difference between the two, or get a refund.

Decomps will just be completely refunded.

Does pan's stealthskin count as a modification? I need to know this because I'm really interested in those mobility feet.
Yes, just a non-standard one.

It still counts

I think laser eyes are too powerful. If simple eye can archieve same cutting power as actual laser rifle then why rifle cannot be minimized into pistol using same tech?
It's not just the eye. If you reread it it says the diodes and focusing chambers are in your head. They basically are the same size as a laser rifle, just folded up and bent around using mirrors. Thats why it's incompatible with other head mods, since it completely uses up the head's internal space, and damage to the head renders it unusable.

I can bump the price up if it's a concern.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: March 30, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »

On sub-exoskeletons: What about combining three types into one and saying it gives the user the strength of a robot-body? It could be quite cheap and still useful for fleshy humans.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: March 30, 2015, 04:06:04 pm »

Actually, if you limit the amount of amps a person can have through int, that might be an elegant way to solve it.
This would mean that exo users need both will for mindpoints and int to "equip" multiple amps. what?
It sounds great!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: March 30, 2015, 04:07:53 pm »

Only a +1 for two amps perhaps? I dunno, do you have a better solution to balance exo against uncon? Perhaps mixing will and int is the best idea, means a stat less to balance. Though does that solve the power difference? Hell, is there a real power difference, or am I seeing ghosts? That's why I'm asking extra input, it's not like I know for sure I'm right, just that to me it feels imbalanced as it is.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: March 30, 2015, 04:09:42 pm »

Give another free implant, so with 0 int you can have two, 1 int three, and 4 int six?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: March 30, 2015, 04:11:46 pm »

Give another free implant, so with 0 int you can have two, 1 int three, and 4 int six?

Isn't it kinda pointless then maybe? I mean, I don't think any exo user ever had more than 2 amps. And 1 mission for a second slot doesn't sound all that bad, but I won't be using it, so take that with a grain of salt.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: March 30, 2015, 04:16:46 pm »

I dunno, do you have a better solution to balance exo against uncon?
Don't? I mean, we didn't balance things over other stuff before. Plus, the new non-amp exo stuff is highly situational. Half of them are melee, something most exo people aren't specced for. But, I'm probably incredibly biased, so what do I know.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

@RC
There is power difference, I believe, and it lies in speed of reaction. Unlike the brain-frying hazard/battery issues it does not cancel out in any way. The problem is, though, it is more of a theoretical difference since I don't think it has ever been brought up.

Also, I think it might also be abused in reverse - with amp users getting more amp slots with high Int (rather than the set three they currently have). Thus, I believe, it might not be the best way to balance it out, since there already exists the balance of "as many manipulators as you can afford vs. three amps maximum".

Though, I think, it might be more interesting if, say, Int was slightly more often used to determine the specifics of precise space spells - like that one time when Miyamoto converted matter into C-4 and had an Int test. Having a certain base Int requirement (or suffering Int rolls otherwise) each time an action like "Heat those bastards to 1000 oC!" happens would go long way to make greater demand for Int stat. All while allowing determined minmaxers to ignore Int at their own risk :P
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:03 pm »

I dunno, do you have a better solution to balance exo against uncon?
Don't? I mean, we didn't balance things over other stuff before. Plus, the new non-amp exo stuff is highly situational. Half of them are melee, something most exo people aren't specced for. But, I'm probably incredibly biased, so what do I know.
Of course we did, that's like, 90% of council work. Balncing things so they work in the system.

If exo was used (much) more than uncon before, and now exo gets a bunch of extra stuff so it's not only amps, then what is the reason anyone would want to use uncon? That used to be 'because melee, so not purely spess magic' but if that, and others, can also be had in exo... Then, as pw said, we might as well delete manips and make uncon for something else (though don't ask me what).

@ nik yeah, the only time I remember rolling for int was creating c4, while I've had to roll will much more often (avatar encounter, against ue mind control, when I wanna release inhibitors).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:28:49 pm by Radio Controlled »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:34 pm »

I took points in Uncon for 'splosives.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: March 30, 2015, 04:27:51 pm »

-snip-
Sure, but we balanced things so they wouldn't be OP. You didn't balance things because it would make something else less useful, is what I meant to say. And I don't know why someone would use uncon. Why would anyone use con, when exo is so much more powerful?

Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 2205