Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2357230 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15255 on: April 07, 2015, 01:06:45 am »

You merciful person you
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15256 on: April 07, 2015, 03:53:29 am »

You can use your own laser rifle as basis for Gungnir, right? Can you use Spektr?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15257 on: April 07, 2015, 04:49:07 am »

A Spektr is an entirely different laser rifle, so the kit would need some modification. There's nothing mechanically preventing it from working, but fluff-wise it's only made for the regular laser rifle. You could still buy the kit plus saber for 6 token as usual, but I'm afraid as-is it might need handiwork to apply to a Spektr.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15258 on: April 07, 2015, 05:03:09 am »

Or ask if AM could do it for you.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15259 on: April 07, 2015, 05:24:15 am »

Oops, I forgot to action again.

I guess I should take a look in Tinker.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15260 on: April 07, 2015, 05:30:04 am »

Also, can you use Gungnir as tesla saber?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15261 on: April 07, 2015, 05:32:55 am »

Also, can you use Gungnir as tesla saber?
I believe so. After all it is effectively a laser rifle with a tesla saber attached.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15262 on: April 07, 2015, 05:52:44 am »

Yes, you can. It specifically comes with a dual trigger to allow either one of the weapons to be used separately.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15263 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:54 am »

Which reminds me: Sean, could you look into the tesla saber effectiveness (you know, that "can carve up battlesuits vs. is dangerous and totally ineffective" question) and check how much of it transfers to the "lightning bolts" of Gungnir?

As in, is there any real reason to use the tesla saber (other than fancy bayonet) instead of a different method of generating spark? I know that is was part of your initial idea, but I have this suspicion that using it in that capacity is more or less equal to using a cutting laser as a laser sight for a gauss rifle: possible and not without use, but atrociously ineffective except for some boundary cases.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15264 on: April 07, 2015, 07:12:09 am »

Which reminds me: Sean, could you look into the tesla saber effectiveness (you know, that "can carve up battlesuits vs. is dangerous and totally ineffective" question) and check how much of it transfers to the "lightning bolts" of Gungnir?

As in, is there any real reason to use the tesla saber (other than fancy bayonet) instead of a different method of generating spark? I know that is was part of your initial idea, but I have this suspicion that using it in that capacity is more or less equal to using a cutting laser as a laser sight for a gauss rifle: possible and not without use, but atrociously ineffective except for some boundary cases.
It can too carve chunks of battlesuit out, despite the insulation. Just too much power focused in one area. The Saber has the same amount of power as the Tesla Arc, but concentrated in a small area.

The Gungnir's lightning does not get the full benefits of that - where the Tesla Saber constricts the electricity to carve through things, the lightning will just go wherever lightning goes. It will punch through insulation, but you can't sweep it, and most of the damage it would do will stem from the wide-scale systems disruption caused by electricity. So it won't be killing battlesuits very quickly unless you hit something important.

However, living organisms? Anything that doesn't have a nonconductive layer separating its skin from its nervous system and muscles? Those things are getting fried to all heck.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:13:44 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15265 on: April 07, 2015, 07:19:58 am »

Ah, good. Glad to hear that.

Also, does it mean that Tesla Arc can be used as a substitute here? It's non-rechargeable, still costs 4 token, and a rechargeable variant would probably cost the same as a Tesla Sabre (or more). I withdraw any arguments against your choice of components, sir.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15266 on: April 07, 2015, 08:20:29 am »

Also, I shuffled a bit in team composition. Lars is now in team 2 cause he's also getting a battlesuit.

Wait what? Since when did Lars buy a battlesuit?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15267 on: April 07, 2015, 08:24:38 am »

Will try to do briefing by Friday, so we can drop Monday or so.

Please, can everybody going on mission ensure that they have respecced correctly by then?

Secondly, remember that there are still 2 heavy robobodies available for mission peeps, as well as a 'MCP-IIIA' whatever that is. Hep people, please make sure each prototype has its own page with full description of what it foes and has, so pw knows when they're used on mission.

Toaster, you still wanna try the PEW and/or plasma steak stake? If yes, add your name to fund page on wiki.

Syv, Those robobodies, do they have stat requirements? Same question for the assaultsuit, can't give them if I don't know what they require.

I do feel like the freebies get/got a little out of hand.  But that's just my opinion.
Maybe, yeah. We could dial back the amount of prototypes each thing get, but that has its own downsides. Or do away with it completely, which again has up- and downsides.

Alright. The offer stands for anyone who wants it.
If it's unused, can sell it back to armory for full price. If used, team fund will buy it at half price.

Also, I shuffled a bit in team composition. Lars is now in team 2 cause he's also getting a battlesuit.

Wait what? Since when did Lars buy a battlesuit?
He said he would in irc.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15268 on: April 07, 2015, 08:27:36 am »

Heh, if I'd known that there would be someone else with a battlesuit besides Flint(and he doesn't really need any extra firepower,what with that alien cannon of his) I'd have pushed for my dragon rocketpod to be prototyped
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15269 on: April 07, 2015, 08:29:05 am »

Since we're doing tinker stuff in IRC now, can I also do propaganda and recruitment stuff on IRC?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1016 1017 [1018] 1019 1020 ... 2205