Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355102 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15450 on: April 09, 2015, 06:45:21 am »

Are you kidding? I'm not leaving Gilgamesh even if he starts beeping and talking about self destructing. Even if it wasn't Gilgamesh, I'd still prefer the Battlesuit, mostly because I like how it looks. Not to mention that in order to keep using the rainbow cannon, I'd have to attach his arm to the new BS, since I have yet to figure out how to detach it, and that would look weird.

That's a relief! But, in case you ever change your mind, the offer still stand.
Which brings up an interesting point.

How much is an extra arm for a battlesuit? :P

And how much to convert a battlesuit into a handpuppet for me to use and entertain children with?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15451 on: April 09, 2015, 06:49:58 am »

Two thoughts that came up when reading the IRC log:

@Toaster: Have you written an entry about Steve in the good eldritch book? If not, you probably should. Just to make sure it is there for future priests in case something bad happens to Lars.

@Sword remodelling: There should be two clearly labelled buttons in each convicts room, one for suicide and the other for stasis. After Steve checks that you are in a semi-sound state (not mind controlled or threatened by a teammate or something) he asks you if you are sure and then releases the appropriate gas, either sleeping gas or some sort of... I dunno, something that kills but keeps the body intact for the Doctor and others to play with, I don't know much about biology, (I don't know much about a science book...) CO2 combined with some sort of embalming agent maybe?

Are you kidding? I'm not leaving Gilgamesh even if he starts beeping and talking about self destructing. Even if it wasn't Gilgamesh, I'd still prefer the Battlesuit, mostly because I like how it looks. Not to mention that in order to keep using the rainbow cannon, I'd have to attach his arm to the new BS, since I have yet to figure out how to detach it, and that would look weird.

What so that I could attach it to its chest? Make it look like a Vortigaunt?
No, wait, now that I think about it, the chest piece can open to reveal the entire cockpit, so that wouldn't work.
I could put it in the back, but that would mean I couldn't use my backpack battery and bag of crap.
I could put it in a lower position but that would bring about some unfortunate implications...
Only position that could work, if it doesn't obstruct the hatch, would be on the very top of the suit, but it would probably be hard to brace it properly, considering how heavy it is and the kind of recoil it has to endure.
Unless I go the route of Erik and just put extra arms on the sides, extending the battlesuit to make it higher at the same time. But that would require a custom built battlesuit and I don't want to let go of Gilgamesh.

EDIT: Just read the on ship thread. Beirus wants to do a flip. In a battlesuit. .... I'm starting to have second thoughts about this.
Is it too late to run after him screaming "Wait! I changed my mind!"?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:52:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15452 on: April 09, 2015, 06:53:11 am »

Beirus wants to do a flip in a battlesuit
The cons of having to take time to prep for a mission.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15453 on: April 09, 2015, 06:55:56 am »

EDIT: Just read the on ship thread. Beirus wants to do a flip. In a battlesuit. .... I'm starting to have second thoughts about this.

No, do it, stand in front of the suit waving your arms wildly. in case you need to break Gilgamesh' landing.

Beirus wants to do a flip in a battlesuit
The cons of having to take time to prep for a mission.

And then people wonder why I'm rushing to start. Idle hands are the devil's playthings!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15454 on: April 09, 2015, 06:57:52 am »

As the person responsible for the attitude of necessary competence in most of the current players as a result of my bored mishaps, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15455 on: April 09, 2015, 06:59:49 am »

As the person responsible for the attitude of necessary competence in most of the current players as a result of my bored mishaps, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Xan is kinda like a localised extreme Darwin effect combined with Russian roulette.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15456 on: April 09, 2015, 07:02:46 am »

Xan is kinda like a localised extreme Darwin effect combined with Russian roulette.
You might say Darwin was equivalent to Einstein with the theory of evolution?
You might say then that Xan's an ..............
Einsteinian Roulette?
*badumtish*

Was this the first time the title got dropped in conversation?
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15457 on: April 09, 2015, 07:07:30 am »

Okay, first up, Charles Darwin and Einstein were famous for breakthroughs in two entirely different schools of science, second, if PW is to make an evolution-from constant generational cycles themed RTD game he should totally call it Darwinian roulette and third no, probably not.
Also clean up what you mean by 'equivalent' what is this were you born in a grammar barn?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15458 on: April 09, 2015, 07:09:20 am »

I've been skimming over some dead man running for some reason (procrastination, undoubtedly) and came across this thing again:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Man, I forgot how fun it was just sitting in the audience back then.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15459 on: April 09, 2015, 07:12:39 am »

Okay, first up, Charles Darwin and Einstein were famous for breakthroughs in two entirely different schools of science, second, if PW is to make an evolution-from constant generational cycles themed RTD game he should totally call it Darwinian roulette and third no, probably not.
Also clean up what you mean by 'equivalent' what is this were you born in a grammar barn?
I'm tired I don't have to talk sense.

I've been skimming over some dead man running for some reason (procrastination, undoubtedly) and came across this thing again:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Man, I forgot how fun it was just sitting in the audience back then.
That's just as hilarious now as it was in retrospect.
I'm not sure what I just said.
Sig! Onol

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15460 on: April 09, 2015, 09:03:42 am »

Who wants to bet on some permadeaths due to ping pong?
I imagine an anime-esque ping pong battle, with people jumping in the air and hitting the balls with an absurd amount of strength while screaming, the balls bursting into flames that form the images of mythical creatures, the table and the racket breaking from the strength of the blows, people hit by the ball being knocked into walls and the spectators making absurdly long dialogues between each shot in anime time about what secret long lost never before seen technique each of the player is using and screaming things like "believe in yourself!" or "I believe in you!" or "you fight for all of us!".
Like this?
I have no regrets.

Nunzillor

« Reply #15461 on: April 09, 2015, 09:27:50 am »

@Paris supposedly there already are "complimentary cyanide capsule"s in everyone's quarters, so that takes care of the suicide button I guess.  As long as cyanide wouldn't damage the body too much?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15462 on: April 09, 2015, 12:46:20 pm »

Two thoughts that came up when reading the IRC log:

@Toaster: Have you written an entry about Steve in the good eldritch book? If not, you probably should. Just to make sure it is there for future priests in case something bad happens to Lars.

@Sword remodelling: There should be two clearly labelled buttons in each convicts room, one for suicide and the other for stasis. After Steve checks that you are in a semi-sound state (not mind controlled or threatened by a teammate or something) he asks you if you are sure and then releases the appropriate gas, either sleeping gas or some sort of... I dunno, something that kills but keeps the body intact for the Doctor and others to play with, I don't know much about biology, (I don't know much about a science book...) CO2 combined with some sort of embalming agent maybe?

What so that I could attach it to its chest? Make it look like a Vortigaunt?
No, wait, now that I think about it, the chest piece can open to reveal the entire cockpit, so that wouldn't work.
I could put it in the back, but that would mean I couldn't use my backpack battery and bag of crap.
I could put it in a lower position but that would bring about some unfortunate implications...
Only position that could work, if it doesn't obstruct the hatch, would be on the very top of the suit, but it would probably be hard to brace it properly, considering how heavy it is and the kind of recoil it has to endure.
Unless I go the route of Erik and just put extra arms on the sides, extending the battlesuit to make it higher at the same time. But that would require a custom built battlesuit and I don't want to let go of Gilgamesh.

The rooms contain your stasis pods so you can freeze yourself. But if you want to euthanize yourself you'll have to head to the infirmary.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15463 on: April 09, 2015, 01:01:17 pm »

Or the airlock.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15464 on: April 09, 2015, 01:02:37 pm »

Or the Deathcube.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.
Pages: 1 ... 1029 1030 [1031] 1032 1033 ... 2205