Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2347777 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #18270 on: June 17, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »

Apart from every single other character who has a weapon and thinks they have a good moral compass...
Hold on, Spazyak, your character has a negative two to Endurance, strength, auxillary and general knowledge?!
Ignoring the fact that apparently you never learnt what minmaxing does to a character, PW is probably going to make you roll strength to chloroform the guy, you know that, right?
I'm not chloroforming. I did, In dnd 4e it made my bard have a 20 ac with chain mail. It gave me +5 my damage and huge bonuses with attack rolls
Yet what you have is a character with a negative two, something PW has explicitly said before he will kill you for on anything except a 5 and even then, one one of the most versatile stats in the game, as well as on one of the most important and most used stats in the game, and then AUX?! I once had a handiwork focused character before the skill reset, and with a bad aux roll I literally took down an entire ship with a laser rifle from an action that I intentioned to help!

Alright, before I go any further, what kind of character do you want? Amp? Manip? Punchy? Gunny? What?
Support?! None of your skills help with being a support class!
No no, let this play out it will be great.
Yah I will use my force infuser to beat him senseless with a pipe.
Second note, a force infuser doesn't let you *infuse* a weapon with force to make it more damaging, what it does is absorb force, then let you propel an object with said force, so you can kinda send a chair flying with enough force, or perhaps break down a wall.
yah i will propel it into his head. Also can I exchange my charisma and intuition out for strength and endurance? I didn't know what I was doing and i was told that I had to make a char for a niche.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18271 on: June 17, 2015, 08:03:21 pm »

I'm trying to figure out who told you that you *had* to make a niche character. You can make whatever character you like.

For the exchange, post briefly in the Main thread to confirm with PW, ideally with a new sheet for exactly what you want? PW generally allows for changes to new characters, as they haven't really done anything of note with their stats and there's no reason you couldn't commit suicide and roll a new one at this point anyway.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18272 on: June 17, 2015, 08:05:02 pm »

I'm trying to figure out who told you that you *had* to make a niche character. You can make whatever character you like.

For the exchange, post briefly in the Main thread to confirm with PW, ideally with a new sheet for exactly what you want? PW generally allows for changes to new characters, as they haven't really done anything of note with their stats and there's no reason you couldn't commit suicide and roll a new one at this point anyway.
yay. I'll update the char sheet
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18273 on: June 17, 2015, 08:09:22 pm »

But always remember this, if you hope to survive through more than... Two missions, there is no such thing as a dump stat.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18274 on: June 17, 2015, 08:15:07 pm »

Ok. updated char sheet now that I understand how the stats work and effect each other:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAbkp5RDL0nbZZfuOXFm53u4uFjJ3aOh0e-5T0938Kk/edit?usp=sharing. I think this is a better rounded character that ihas skills that fit a particular role but with stats that make allow him to survive.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #18275 on: June 17, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »

But always remember this, if you hope to survive through more than... Two missions, there is no such thing as a dump stat.
What about charisma?  I don't see that being very useful.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:26:13 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18276 on: June 17, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »

meh, you can't even use it to get the armory master to go on a date. she will just rip your arms off and stick them up your ass.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18277 on: June 17, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »

Charisma?
Well, even then, using charisma as a dump stat requires actual effort in order to work with the lack of charisma, because if you at some point just 'don't feel like it' where 'it' means making a not insignificant post designed specifically to convince someone and then just say 'I try to convince him' with your negative two charisma, something bad is going to happen.

And the kind of person who would find enjoyment in doing all of that would probably feel bad having their character as a silver tongued maestro with negative 2 charisma anyway.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18278 on: June 17, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »

Propaganda and black operations.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nunzillor

« Reply #18279 on: June 17, 2015, 08:40:41 pm »

Propaganda and black operations.
Those strike me as the kind of things that come up only occasionally and are generally pretty mission-specific.  Even if you are on a mission like that, allowing someone else who doesn't have a deficiency in that area to do the work doesn't put you in any danger.

So... I guess I do see how it can be useful, but I don't think it's something that would prevent you from completing more than 2 missions before dying terribly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18280 on: June 17, 2015, 08:43:09 pm »

You could use Cha to convince teammates to not do stupid things.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18281 on: June 17, 2015, 08:44:41 pm »

You could use Cha to convince teammates to not do stupid things.
yah. no, I prefer to make my distance and let them kill them selves. FREE LOOOT!If I need to stop them I can always bitch slap them to death.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18282 on: June 17, 2015, 08:47:22 pm »

meh, you can't even use it to get the armory master to go on a date. she will just rip your arms off and stick them up your ass.
Pffft, you guys. The Armory Master is explicitly off the limits ever since Milno came back from that last B-Ops mission. I mean, not in the sense of physically unattainable, she was that even before, but now also because it would be discourteous to even try and hit on her. We're all gentlemen here, aren't we?..

That said, cheer up! There's a new hot and extremely lethal lady in the playground: Red Vengeance. I dare you try and not so much as break her heart - just displease or irritate her. And then survive your next few missions. ...So hot!  :P
Pity Maurice is a dedicated person. And is possibly on her list, too.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #18283 on: June 17, 2015, 08:49:19 pm »

Oh, did Milno and the AM actually hook up at some point? I've read the various IC threads up to just before the space battle over Hephaestus (at which point it got too crazy and I couldn't figure out what to read)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18284 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:37 pm »

Pffft, you guys. The Armory Master is explicitly off the limits ever since Milno came back from that last B-Ops mission. I mean, not in the sense of physically unattainable, she was that even before, but now also because it would be discourteous to even try and hit on her. We're all gentlemen here, aren't we?..

That said, cheer up! There's a new hot and extremely lethal lady in the playground: Red Vengeance. I dare you try and not so much as break her heart - just displease or irritate her. And then survive your next few missions. ...So hot!  :P
Pity Maurice is a dedicated person. And is possibly on her list, too.
nah I think I'm just going to continue to kidnap random new people so I can take their mcp-1 and one token, probably just the mcp-1
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 2205