Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2320125 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22860 on: October 03, 2015, 08:05:51 am »

Wait... If we can request an approved set of equipment for M24, can I get that 250L of liquid Helium for free (or at least a discount) and save myself some tokens?
That was the idea, yes. You need to get pw approval before you get it (though perhaps he'll allow Miya to approve of things as well so he doesn't get bothered by it. I'll ask him in a pm).

You... saw that big announcement in the last few posts here, right? The one in ALL CAPS? The one that is reminiscent of Carte Blanche stuff from Three Musketeers by the levels of awesomeness?
Check it. Because *spoiler* Piecewise already endowed YOU with the right to decide those things in his stead until Monday.
(As well as a few other "you"s, but hey, ultimate authority for a day!)

As far as I saw that, it was just for wiki people to be able to do purchases from the armory and such, and for Miya to give a price if it's for the more mundane non-standard things. I don't know if granting mission equipment also falls under that, and so I ask.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22861 on: October 03, 2015, 08:22:19 am »

I need to get my character wikified don't I?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #22862 on: October 03, 2015, 08:38:36 am »

Relax, wiki gnomes took care of that.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22863 on: October 03, 2015, 11:34:23 am »

So, I asked pw if he wanted to also let Miya handle equipment allocation for expedience and lighten the burden, here's the response:
Fine. Don't go nuts or we'll have to retcon later.

I'll edit the previous announcement so it fits the new info. Best to ask Miya IC if possible. I'll already add a couple of artifact containers to the list (cause those are annoying not to have if you need them, I can say from experience).

"I want to go on this mission.  Except I'm a complete n00b.  Augh.  If I am going, I'd like some better protective gear, though."

Added to list.

Wait for the lab boys to do science on my arms.

((I assume I'm probably out of the mission at this point?))

Yeah, kinda. Sorry man. No real chance of them solving the arm situation before Sunday, though if it takes too long I'll have them cart a VR machine into Ronald's containment room so you don't have to be bored.

Also, all granted equipment will be shown to pw before mission start, so he can remove things if he thinks it's too much.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:49:58 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22864 on: October 03, 2015, 12:05:32 pm »

Lyra is not going on the mission then. She was going to be asked due to the team's lack of a veteran amper. Lenglon was ambivelant about it, and Lyra had just died and has things to do on-ship. If the team leader isn't concerned about the lack of a veteran amper, then there is no reason for her to go. the mission is overpopulated anyway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22865 on: October 03, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

You probably should bring some way to control heat generation from suits. MKI has big hot cooling handles on back and MCP-I also radiates heat but in more evenly distributed way. All that heat will be food for the thing in center of the zone, letting it grow bigger.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22866 on: October 03, 2015, 12:41:13 pm »

The heat from the MK suits probably won't be strong enough to outweigh the heat the sun provides, although the heat might allow whatever is in there to track us or hunt us, Predator-style.

Also, I suggest creating cold spears, using the cold spikes as its core. Or, you know, just giving people some cold spikes. Might be useful.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22867 on: October 03, 2015, 07:37:08 pm »

I vote we attach coldspikes to a metal framework that holds them in front of suit exhaust ports so that they eat the heat before the anomaly does.

also miyamoto is being stingy, someone taser him through his avatar somehow.

edit: actually im claiming this idea as an armory upgrade for self contained stealth and safety suits.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:42:46 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22868 on: October 03, 2015, 09:03:11 pm »

If we have coldspikes that consume heat, why the hell do the MK1's still have gigantic cooling fins in the first place?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22869 on: October 03, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »

We haven't had the chance to upgrade our tech yet. That's on the current To-Do list of Heph staff.
And Mk Is are already long obsolete. At least MCP-I radiate heat evenly by all surface, just like Mk-II. (Makes for poor stealth, I agree with U_P; a stealth upgrade is in order, at least for MCP-III.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:19:21 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22870 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:44 pm »

Of course, using a coldspike gives us the same problems as the MK-1, if someone breaks the coldspike or punctures the suit so as to expose the coldspike to the wearer, they either die of hyperthermia or get flash frozen, which won't be fun.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22871 on: October 03, 2015, 10:07:38 pm »

Of course, using a coldspike gives us the same problems as the MK-1, if someone breaks the coldspike or punctures the suit so as to expose the coldspike to the wearer, they either die of hyperthermia or get flash frozen, which won't be fun.
If that happens, Something Bad is already happening.
Also *hypothermia, hyperthermia would be overheating.
But maybe coldspike dust?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22872 on: October 03, 2015, 10:09:44 pm »

They don't work if they are below a certain size or broken
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22873 on: October 03, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »

Nah, Hyperthermia, if the coldspike is broken, then the suit can't vent heat anymore.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22874 on: October 03, 2015, 10:31:57 pm »

Nah, Hyperthermia, if the coldspike is broken, then the suit can't vent heat anymore.
Oh, coldspike, not the containment on.  My bad.
Wouldn't the existing vent systems take back over?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 1523 1524 [1525] 1526 1527 ... 2205