Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319447 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #22890 on: October 04, 2015, 12:43:13 pm »

What info do we actually have on the problem?  I'm just going off half-remembered Heph thread posts.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #22891 on: October 04, 2015, 12:50:18 pm »

If you can keep it cold and contained, O2F2 is another horrible monster of a chemical.  It might even overcome our magical ChemOffTM.

Meh, you could sustain low enough temperature with liquid nitrogen. Given we have no trouble obtaining liquid helium, I think this won't be a problem.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22892 on: October 04, 2015, 12:58:24 pm »

What info do we actually have on the problem?  I'm just going off half-remembered Heph thread posts.

An experiment succeeded and accidentally bought a heat eating entity into existance, or so Doctor thinks. Entire experimental area is frozen solid to prevent it eating all heat in universe.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22893 on: October 04, 2015, 01:12:11 pm »

An experiment succeeded and accidentally bought a heat eating entity into existance, or so Doctor thinks. Entire experimental area is frozen solid to prevent it eating all heat in universe.
In the UNIVERSE?
What about the vacuum of space, isn't that a thing?
Also, can it be moved?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22894 on: October 04, 2015, 01:17:30 pm »

Who knows. Go and find out.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22895 on: October 04, 2015, 01:56:58 pm »

There isn't a vent system, the existing cooling system on the MK1 is a pair of gigantic fins on the back, and on the MCP1 just radiates heat evenly by being thin and skintight.
Then you need better fins.
The fins work fine, they just detonated like a grenade if you hit them too hard.
Did this ever happen? I mean, I recall the warning against falling on one's back, but then, like every mission, seems like people end up with these fins in contact with something cold enough to explode them somewhere, but they don't. And I've never read of one exploding from force either.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22896 on: October 04, 2015, 01:57:59 pm »

Who knows. Go and find out.
I'm trying to ascertain what's pointless to try.  So that might have merit.  Very well then.
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22897 on: October 04, 2015, 02:49:22 pm »

There isn't a vent system, the existing cooling system on the MK1 is a pair of gigantic fins on the back, and on the MCP1 just radiates heat evenly by being thin and skintight.
Then you need better fins.
The fins work fine, they just detonated like a grenade if you hit them too hard.
Did this ever happen? I mean, I recall the warning against falling on one's back, but then, like every mission, seems like people end up with these fins in contact with something cold enough to explode them somewhere, but they don't. And I've never read of one exploding from force either.
I remember someone trying to lay on a bed while wearing a MK1. The bed caught fire after a while.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22898 on: October 04, 2015, 06:30:27 pm »

I remember reading that snowflakes were impacting them on one of the missions and making loud popping noises.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22899 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:58 pm »

Is the Great and Holy Steve likely to even notice I'm talking to him, by the way?
Sigtext

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #22900 on: October 04, 2015, 06:38:33 pm »

Is the Great and Holy Steve likely to even notice I'm talking to him, by the way?

He notices way more than you could possibly be comfortable with. The question is, would he reply?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22901 on: October 04, 2015, 06:43:47 pm »

He notices way more than you could possibly be comfortable with. The question is, would he reply?
Yes, that too.
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22902 on: October 04, 2015, 07:37:29 pm »

If you want to make sure he notices you be sure to put an action to the effect of Talk in the post.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22903 on: October 04, 2015, 07:40:11 pm »

If you want to make sure he notices you be sure to put an action to the effect of Talk in the post.
Thankye.
Sigtext

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22904 on: October 04, 2015, 11:54:15 pm »

If you can keep it cold and contained, O2F2 is another horrible monster of a chemical.  It might even overcome our magical ChemOffTM.

Meh, you could sustain low enough temperature with liquid nitrogen. Given we have no trouble obtaining liquid helium, I think this won't be a problem.

Dioxygen difluoride is a horrible monster, yes, but it explodes and catches fire when reacting.
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 2205