Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1608 1609 [1610] 1611 1612 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2355408 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24135 on: October 30, 2015, 10:08:07 am »

Ok is the white mask in any way related to the one scp mask?
I haven't had anything to do with SCP for many years due to arguments with the founding members of that site, so nothing I make is related to it.

Scp has grown so large and has so many damn pages that things are inevitably gonna line up occasionally.
that sounds like a semi interesting story.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24136 on: October 30, 2015, 10:11:28 am »

Not sure if it was here or one of the ER talks, but IIRC the short answer was that it was a creative control issue and maybe also cliquey behavior.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24137 on: October 30, 2015, 11:21:48 am »

Basically, SCP came from 4chan's /x/ board,  where I hung around back in the day. Back when it had maybe 100 or so entries I started submitting things. I quickly found out that the members of the site were quick to delete or vote down anything that wasn't created by the group of people who started the site, and despite asking for and following advice they gave on what they wanted, they never seemed satisfied.  It literally got to the point where I would make a change based on one of their suggestions and then another member would complain about the change and delete the post.

Eventually, I brought all this up to them, they responded with a long tirade that amounted to "you are an idiot who doesn't understand horror" and then insinuated that I copied all my ideas from other sources.   I responded with the fact that SCP is at best interesting but has never been scary and brought up SCP-173's strange resemblance to the weeping angels of Doctor Who.

And that basically ended with me getting unofficially banned.

Since then I've never been a real fan of the place and I kind of actively want to stay away from it, least someone claim I'm stealing ideas.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #24138 on: October 30, 2015, 11:49:13 am »

30000th post in On Ship thread is made. Wooo.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24139 on: October 30, 2015, 11:52:19 am »

Wait, woss with the limb thingy collator? Was hiking for a few days, just got back, anyone know if it has anything to do with the galvaniser, or was more to do with Vanessa's weird limbs and stuff?

Pity, I had some interesting ideas for a giant alien battle penii presentation. Oh well, no time even now anyhow.
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24140 on: October 30, 2015, 11:58:59 am »

And it is RC. Man who already has everything. And knows everything. And can get anything.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24141 on: October 30, 2015, 11:59:44 am »

Can't beat The Man, you know.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24142 on: October 30, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

And it is RC. Man who already has everything. And knows everything. And can get anything.

Sky's the limit baby!

((Cue mysterious teleportation to high Hep orbit.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24143 on: October 30, 2015, 12:16:11 pm »

Since then I've never been a real fan of the place and I kind of actively want to stay away from it, least someone claim I'm stealing ideas.

Isnt it next to impossible nowadays to come up with a truly unique idea? I thought that what seperates inspiration from plagiarism, is putting your own spin on the narrative tropes you use.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24144 on: October 30, 2015, 12:49:14 pm »

Isnt it next to impossible nowadays to come up with a truly unique idea? I thought that what seperates inspiration from plagiarism, is putting your own spin on the narrative tropes you use.
That, or in my case, creating something I think is unique without using any obvious inspiration, and then being told it is like something else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24145 on: October 30, 2015, 12:56:08 pm »

The Simpsons already did it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24146 on: October 30, 2015, 12:58:30 pm »

Still catching up, but
Oh, Black Halos are pretty useful for that. If I had an organic head I'd pick one up myself.
You can always... *ahem* "acquire" an organic head from... someone who has "misplaced" theirs. Isn't that the point of your body?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24147 on: October 30, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »

M23, you know what to do.

Run for the president government of the stack yourself! Promise to ship off everyone willing, and give the food and succour to others. Ruin both the Doomsday theme party and the governmental acquisition ambitions - if you are the government, you would already have all the ships!

And, of course, should there be too much people to ship off... I think there is some plankton left in the oceans, right? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* Just enough to feed the people in the hour of need.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24148 on: October 30, 2015, 01:46:25 pm »

Yes. Being corporate magnates swimming in money is not enough. Take the real power! Rule power! Rebel ARM! Or convert them into ARMism.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24149 on: October 30, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »

I want to know how many people we could ship in one go if all our current ships were stacked with subjects people. It might be time to gtfo. We arent armed well enough to take on the entire planet
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 1608 1609 [1610] 1611 1612 ... 2205