Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2356069 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24255 on: November 01, 2015, 01:14:31 pm »

Now, are those those bladed cricket bats, or the big stone clubs?

Ah, the former. I've always liked that aztec spear throwing thingy - atlatl, according to wiki.
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24256 on: November 01, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »

Man, hit sprites for a Macuahuitl are hard to do.
I can imagine. Should have gone for something less fancy, like a stick or a piece of rebar. I'll admit that they don't have that je ne sais quoi of a macuahuitl though.
Obsidian.
Nah, the obsidian doesn't really do anything special for me. I think it's the shape of the thing that gives it that little bit extra. Like someone just took a big plank of wood one day and added a bunch of sharp rocks and went "Yeah, I can go to war with this"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24257 on: November 01, 2015, 03:38:51 pm »

@Nunzillor in M24 thread

Heph is mostly fine, because we were able to disable most of our AMs easily enough.  Only stuff like the M24 anomaly went bad, because we can't easily access those AMs.  Still, my Heph action is to check how the planet's doing overall.

Earth-2 probably either has much more origin tech (Maybe they're spoiled and use AM AC?), or Steve kept the warning signal from reaching them.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24258 on: November 01, 2015, 10:00:09 pm »

Eerrhm. So he screwed uo by not murdering someone's kids, right? So all I have to do is not fail to murder and orphans I see, especially if I kill thier parents? Can do.
As usual, ARM completely misses the point and goes straight for child murder. Failing to nail the kid didn't hurt him directly at all; it just meant there was somebody to (eventually?) take over after he died. The real problem was failing to resist fate when it led him down a horrifying but rewarding path he would never have walked otherwise.

Also marrying a scheming assassin, brutally murdering his liege, being a shitty king, and then apparently being at least kind of a shitty general. Mainly being seduced by fair fate regardless of the cost, though.

So, who on M24 is not of woman born?
Anyone who's a robot might count, depending on how you look at it. Vanessa's definitely the clearest example, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24259 on: November 02, 2015, 12:40:14 am »

We should try FRIABLE WISH again, I mean it didn't go so well last time but 1, I honestly want to know if the rest of the candies do the same thing and 2, It can be useful, imagine we lock some random person and like 10 sods in a room and get a monster made out of sods with a person controlling them.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24260 on: November 02, 2015, 01:07:33 am »

We should try FRIABLE WISH again, I mean it didn't go so well last time but 1, I honestly want to know if the rest of the candies do the same thing and 2, It can be useful, imagine we lock some random person and like 10 sods in a room and get a monster made out of sods with a person controlling them.
Or it might result three sod minds controlling one supersod body.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24261 on: November 02, 2015, 01:15:14 am »

Or it might result three sod minds controlling one supersod body.
That's a chance I am willing to take, we just need to do it in a easily enclosed area and maybe put a remote detonator in for good measure.

plus it's not like a sod mind is an inherently dangerous thing, we would basically just get a super sod.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 01:16:59 am by The Lupanian »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24262 on: November 02, 2015, 01:46:38 am »

That's a chance I am willing to take, we just need to do it in a easily enclosed area and maybe put a remote detonator in for good measure.

plus it's not like a sod mind is an inherently dangerous thing, we would basically just get a super sod.

Don't be so sure... Unstable sod can be dangerous thing. But testing room or panic room are good places to test it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24263 on: November 02, 2015, 02:07:08 am »

Don't be so sure... Unstable sod can be dangerous thing. But testing room or panic room are good places to test it.
The testing room sounds like an appropriate place to do it, like I said, if we put a remote detonator in there we could just put it down if it's actually a monster.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24264 on: November 02, 2015, 02:12:40 am »

or you could hit it with a white mask and take control of it that way.

I am really, really wishing I could exploit that glorious new alien can-opener.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24265 on: November 02, 2015, 08:57:37 am »

Those war crimes won't commit themselves!
Tempted to sig this.

On the other hand, I'd also like to somehow manage for us to become the saviors of this planet. "Dester Gree, Hero of the People" has a nice ring to it. Even if it's falsely come by. in that case, it would be an ironic burden for my poor beleaguered character to carry.

But enough about me. General Gus the Defender, sounds good too. Not sure what title would work for Ryan. The Butcher just seems off a little. Xael the Absent, Skylar the Catatonic, Manuel the Handy, Vincent the Kingpin, Jesse the Tyrant.

Somebody do better, please. These are mostly terrible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24266 on: November 02, 2015, 09:16:56 am »

Those war crimes won't commit themselves!
Tempted to sig this.

On the other hand, I'd also like to somehow manage for us to become the saviors of this planet. "Dester Gree, Hero of the People" has a nice ring to it. Even if it's falsely come by. in that case, it would be an ironic burden for my poor beleaguered character to carry.

But enough about me. General Gus the Defender, sounds good too. Not sure what title would work for Ryan. The Butcher just seems off a little. Xael the Absent, Skylar the Catatonic, Manuel the Handy, Vincent the Kingpin, Jesse the Tyrant.

Somebody do better, please. These are mostly terrible.
This kidnapping might end up being an ark of sorts, as things go.

I'm feeling pretty sick today, so posts will probably be limited.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24267 on: November 02, 2015, 09:54:28 am »

"The only ones who got out were those abducted for inhumane experiments involving an alien god."

ARM wuz heer, alright.

Shouldn't eat too many Halloween children all at once like that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24268 on: November 02, 2015, 10:02:03 am »

"The only ones who got out were those abducted for inhumane experiments involving an alien god."

ARM wuz heer, alright.
Millions already have starved, and we are doing our level best to feed a Hive World, so there's that.

What? Why not?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24269 on: November 02, 2015, 10:03:40 am »

ARM wuz heer, alright.

But the short pants, Irony! THE SHORT PANTS ARE SO DELICIOUS!
Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 2205