Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319271 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #24315 on: November 03, 2015, 01:46:33 pm »

M25:  Miya, can you break us up into teams so we know what's what?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24316 on: November 03, 2015, 01:49:30 pm »

Put Aphra, Sir Jackson and Ben on one team, Miya, Faith and Lars on the second, and the third would be Cthunkan, Dubley and Jason. Teams Edibility, Seniority and Strangeness.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:52:28 pm by Harry Baldman »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24317 on: November 03, 2015, 02:11:38 pm »

Put Aphra, Sir Jackson and Ben on one team, Miya, Faith and Lars on the second, and the third would be Cthunkan, Dubley and Jason. Teams Edibility, Seniority and Strangeness.
Heh. I second this idea
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24318 on: November 03, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »

I dig it. Lars and Miya could be the robot overlord saviors, hauling Pan out of the darkness and back into Steve's loving embrace. All the while being able to shoot a dirty look at Faith for what happened on M19.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24319 on: November 03, 2015, 03:36:14 pm »

I still have no equipment. I suspect punching things isn't going to help much where I'm going, but I still feel uneasy going into a mission completely itemless.
What's everyone else think?

Well, consider that we know we'll might be going into some sort zero-g environment, so something that can give you delta-V without needing solid ground to push off of (aka ROCKETS) might help (great dexterity won't do you nothing if you're floating in the void).
Next to that, it seems like there'll be alien/otherwordly stuff going on, so something that boosts the mind (will stims, neuro hardening genemod, ...) might be convenient, and will surely come in future missions. Finally, you can never go wrong with the enhanced capacity genemod for the stat/skill of your choice (best to pick something high already to get most bang for your buck).

Some way to defend yourself that doesn't require you to hit it with a part of yourself is probably a good idea as well (fists of fury might not be the best idea against extraterrestrial gods).

I was just thinking this. We've got guns out the ass, weird-ass doohickies out the ass, and alien fuckery out the ass, but no inhumane medical tech?! I should go suggest some things in Tinker, or something!

We have a vat of nanomachines/bacteria that can grow you things or dissolve you whole. Does that count for anything?

M25:  Miya, can you break us up into teams so we know what's what?
Miyamotyrant's on the case. just gimme a minute.

put Aphra, Sir Jackson and Ben on one team, Miya, Faith and Lars on the second, and the third would be Cthunkan, Dubley and Jason. Teams Edibility, Seniority and Strangeness.

Hmm. A team to do the objective, a team to be pointed in the opposite direction of the objective, and a team with the objective of being delicious. I like it!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #24320 on: November 03, 2015, 03:50:53 pm »

Really? you missed a prime opportunity here. Teams Edible, Experienced, and Eccentric. Get your alliteration on, man.

Looks like M23 might be coming to a close at long last. Maybe a turn left, maybe more, depending on whether we can escape before the government decides enough is enough.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24321 on: November 03, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »

Paris, your minmaxing skills are pretty impressive, I have to say. :)
Also... what does your username actually mean?
Not really. If I wanted max minmaxing (say that 10 times) I would suggest Faith sells the synthflesh body, since it would be almost completely useless with a Battlesuit, and outright harmful if she wanted to use space magic. And she could use that money to do both the stat change and the enhanced capacity mod for uncon for maximum carnage. Maybe even some extra equipment. But being a sexbot is part of Faith's identity (at least that's what May thought :P ) so I couldn't deprive her of that.

Paris is my real name. 56 is the result of a random 2d6 dice roll I used when creating the name. It was my first email address I made when I was... I don't remember. Very young. First years of primary school. Couldn't even understand English very well. It was and still is the name I use for most thing on the internet. Which is kind of embarrassing some times, when I look at what I used to do with that name when I was younger... But it's my name and I stick with it.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24322 on: November 03, 2015, 05:22:22 pm »

M23: Well, to think of it, I guess you could find easier time with filling the quota of appropriate subjects and (temporarily, at least) putting the pressure off you if you steeply increased the input of refugees to be processed... only to 'filter out' the less appropriate ones. It might be a bit difficult to dispose of bodies in this case (on such a mass scale), but maybe you could simply stack them like cordwood, haul to orbit, and there dump all the undesirables through the airlock? Should be next to impossible for anyone to find and identify them there; the only drop is in increased fuel use,  but I guess that is one of the lesser concerns.
And then the planet is doomed anyway, supposedly, that with the anarchy, hunger and soon-to-end supply runs.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24323 on: November 03, 2015, 05:50:34 pm »

M25, prospective team arrangements:

Team A (Team Micropsia)
Miyamoto (Radio)
Dubley (NAV)
Jack(Spazyyak)

Team B (Team Scrupulosity)
Lars (Toaster)
Jason (Beirus)
Aphra (Lupan)

Team C (Team Capgras)
Faith (Irony)
Cthunkan (Baldman)
Ben (Bcneuf)

Underlined is current team leader, can change if people can agree upon it. Team names can be kept like this, or changed if, again, people in that team can agree on something unanimously. Otherwise I'll just keep it like that. Naming theme this time was 'strange neurological disorders'.
Was gonna make team B or C 'Team Koro' but decided to be nice instead.
Tried to have an armored person in each group (Lars, Cthunkan, Miya) might not be needed but just in case hits need to be tanked, a flyer or person with some zero-G maneuvering capabilities (Dubley, Jump pack on battlesuit, and maybe Faith is she buys a flight pack of sorts) if we have EVA work, a person with handiwork skill (Dubley, Lars, Cthunkan) and aux (Dubley/Miya, Lars, Faith) in case we need to work on the ship or something. Also tried to spread rookies around a bit.

This acceptable for you people? If yes, we can think about if we need anything from the team fund. We can take the AWaCCP, anything else anyone thinks we'll need? I'm inclined to go for a QEC comm, but I don't think that'll help much (though can't hurt to try).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:52:53 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24324 on: November 03, 2015, 06:23:55 pm »

Can we assume Spazyak took the pill?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24325 on: November 03, 2015, 06:24:43 pm »

M23: Well, to think of it, I guess you could find easier time with filling the quota of appropriate subjects and (temporarily, at least) putting the pressure off you if you steeply increased the input of refugees to be processed... only to 'filter out' the less appropriate ones. It might be a bit difficult to dispose of bodies in this case (on such a mass scale), but maybe you could simply stack them like cordwood, haul to orbit, and there dump all the undesirables through the airlock? Should be next to impossible for anyone to find and identify them there; the only drop is in increased fuel use,  but I guess that is one of the lesser concerns.
And then the planet is doomed anyway, supposedly, that with the anarchy, hunger and soon-to-end supply runs.
You're not thinking with war crimes. Two words that will solve many problems efficiently: Soylent Green. Or Steve Green in this case.

Heh, I just realized something. Steve is green. And he's made out of people. Green Steve is people.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24326 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:23 pm »

(Abigail disengages)
buy 2 needles if i dont have enough abigail will attempt to pwrsuade the armory master
You're actually going to do the pill with two syringes, aren't you?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24327 on: November 03, 2015, 06:48:35 pm »

@Paris Oh yes I do. :P (Though I might have laid it a little too thin for people who don't know the book nor the movie.)
M23, you know what to do.

Run for the president government of the stack yourself! Promise to ship off everyone willing, and give the food and succour to others. Ruin both the Doomsday theme party and the governmental acquisition ambitions - if you are the government, you would already have all the ships!

And, of course, should there be too much people to ship off... I think there is some plankton left in the oceans, right? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* Just enough to feed the people in the hour of need.

It's just that Steve gave the orders to abandon the planet, so I guess there is no need to build the infrastructure and food processing plants just for a temporary benefit. It'd be worth it if they were still building a stable long-term business, but the way it is just disposing of the bodies in the most quick and efficient way is preferable since we're thinking short-term.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24328 on: November 03, 2015, 06:50:23 pm »

(Abigail disengages)
buy 2 needles if i dont have enough abigail will attempt to pwrsuade the armory master
You're actually going to do the pill with two syringes, aren't you?
I need the syringes for the blood which im gonna put in pill 1 might put the syringes in pill 2
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:52:11 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #24329 on: November 03, 2015, 06:53:35 pm »

Ah, I was just skimming and failed to notice that.
Pages: 1 ... 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 ... 2205