Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1696 1697 [1698] 1699 1700 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319529 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25455 on: December 14, 2015, 02:19:49 pm »

I believe a nice saute is the preferred method.

Also, -9, 0, 0 sounds like a universe in its infancy.  You owe it to science to extensively probe it, even if it isn't really suitable for our purposes.  Its civilian research value is probably off the charts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25456 on: December 14, 2015, 03:39:07 pm »

I believe a nice saute is the preferred method.

Also, -9, 0, 0 sounds like a universe in its infancy.  You owe it to science to extensively probe it, even if it isn't really suitable for our purposes.  Its civilian research value is probably off the charts.
I thought that also. there are other possibilities, but it sounds right. Not sure how much we'll invest in exploring it though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25457 on: December 14, 2015, 04:00:37 pm »

Maybe stick a SCIENCE! team on it after the mission concludes?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25458 on: December 14, 2015, 04:13:06 pm »

Maybe. Maybe have our inactive teammates check it out, or some from the other Heph team if they survive ...

Hmm, now i have an idea for ... let's just say pruning the HMRC/ARM tree, shall we?

Look down the hallway, check invincibilty by firing a shot or two off with my Gauss rifle down it and observe.

Try and separate Sullen Moon Nyartifact pieces.

This was posted AFTER Flint's action about heading down the hall with Auron, just so everyone has a little foreshadowing here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:21:15 pm by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25459 on: December 14, 2015, 04:20:59 pm »

Maybe. Maybe have our inactive teammates check it out, or some from the other Heph team if they survive ...

Hmm, now i have an idea for ... let's just say pruning the HMRC/ARM tree, shall we?
oohhh I like pruning trees and yard scaping :P
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25460 on: December 14, 2015, 04:25:22 pm »

I think you are already being pruned involved in some yardwork, as it were, with your current mission. But if you manage to get to Heph, I have a job for you and some friends of yours :3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25461 on: December 14, 2015, 04:26:53 pm »

Oh Ozarck, is your character a robot or is he still relatively human?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25462 on: December 14, 2015, 04:28:40 pm »

I think you are already being pruned involved in some yardwork, as it were, with your current mission. But if you manage to get to Heph, I have a job for you and some friends of yours :3
okay but i charge for yard work.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25463 on: December 14, 2015, 04:35:59 pm »

You owe it to science to extensively probe it, even if it isn't really suitable for our purposes.

This is easily in the top ten of 'things you don't wanna hear your during your colonoscopy'.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25464 on: December 14, 2015, 04:42:14 pm »

You owe it to science to extensively probe it, even if it isn't really suitable for our purposes.
This is easily in the top ten of 'things you don't wanna hear your during your colonoscopy'.

On the other hand, that's how you weaponize colonoscopies...
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25465 on: December 14, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »

Look down the hallway, check invincibilty by firing a shot or two off with my Gauss rifle down it and observe.

Try and separate Sullen Moon Nyartifact pieces.

This was posted AFTER Flint's action about heading down the hall with Auron, just so everyone has a little foreshadowing here.
Yep. Why use a knife to scratch the wall when you can waste ammo shooting it? Once again, the "I probably won't be the one getting hurt because of this." clause applies along with the "I have no idea that's happening.", so not much I can do about it. Plus, it's a low stress situations and (I haven't checked but I'm hoping) he has some Con bonuses, so it shouldn't be that bad. And I have some science to do so the action will probably happen after that. But if I or someone else does get hurt, it will be a nice RP opportunity. After all, we just had two friendly fire incidents. A third might indicate a pattern...

Also, I haven't read the exploration turn yet, but messing with a universe in the first few seconds of its life would be really fun if our theories about the big bang are correct. You could make all sorts of fun stuff, little variations that will be greatly enlarged post inflation. Imagine billions of galaxies intricately sculpted, their convergence carefully planned so that they form a gigantic luminous penis. The biggest penis drawing in the universe, literally. The only downside is that you'd need to find a way to seed that universe with humans so that there is someone there who can appreciate the masterwork you have created.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25466 on: December 14, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »

Seed it you say? Thread title beat you to it.

RE: corridor thing, it puts me in a position to give covering fire when some idiot randomly opens every door in the passage.
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25467 on: December 14, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »

Sure, they have their giant dick machine, but it's still not as giant as a universe, unless it's bigger on the inside. It won't be a great work of art that will remain forever, it will just be something they keep using until they spill the seed of humanity everywhere they can.

Also, I'm hoping the "stop if something happens" clause to my action applies to effects caused by the dangers of doors. Unless we have a repeat of nuke door, in which case I hope at least one of us passes their intuition roll and shoots the door opener to pieces.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25468 on: December 14, 2015, 06:44:09 pm »

After quite a bit of time away due to several things, here I am once again. I'll see if I can catch up before something seizes me by the throat.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25469 on: December 14, 2015, 07:28:56 pm »

Well! Your baby blops troopers succeeded greatly in the face of amp-death. So that's good. Now we're house hunting for a new universe.
Pages: 1 ... 1696 1697 [1698] 1699 1700 ... 2205