Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2357133 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25890 on: December 26, 2015, 01:00:30 am »

Mad Max With Wizards.  First quote in my sig.  Something I've been looking forward to ever since that quote.
Oh, that one! Didn't recognize the abbreviation.

-snip-
Definitely looks like one of his random generators.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25891 on: December 26, 2015, 01:03:48 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

What does everyone want from space santa?

Some dead bodies.  Or something passed off as being dangerous actually killing someone.  Or teamkilling having in-game consequences that aren't showers of free items or bodies.  Or an across-the-board price raise to represent the collapse of the galactic economy as well as a large number of manufacturing techniques, and the severe damage to the forge world.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25892 on: December 26, 2015, 01:31:56 am »

vast down drama. advantage yawned criticism
all fold police
option after guess. proposal constituted? music shitting site. sport bursting mouth? definition by wind? he questioned dimension. all presided virus
fuel took silver. his donated topic. their nod junior
star far from past. no one bird inculcated catch. their confusing factor. bite audit. they beach opining hold. we second forced grand. our physical bid math. the paint expanded? package repaired deep? he stared storage? anyone handling resolve. someone profile lied coat? he dry death
theirs persuaded reaction. motor horrified
their wandering craft. measurement upon camera? source as For crew. sound fit/fitted personality. notice opposite of dog. piano less association. in manner managed. another map shed calm. radio betrayed club. recover redone
quiet surpassed revenue? he partook design
we knowledge standing wind? our distribution redid pin. today corrodes? development competed. necessary immured dad. in bridge squeezed.
This must mean something.  Or be's just messing with us or testing a randomizer or... Bah.
there has to be a pattern in here...there seems to be one...just hard to figure it all out.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25893 on: December 26, 2015, 01:34:28 am »

It looks sort of like his Mechanical Muse. Except more engrishy.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25894 on: December 26, 2015, 01:39:37 am »

Its the story of a mad drama actor clearly!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25895 on: December 26, 2015, 02:01:00 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Some dead bodies.  Or something passed off as being dangerous actually killing someone.
What do you mean by this, exactly?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #25896 on: December 26, 2015, 02:06:35 am »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Some dead bodies.  Or something passed off as being dangerous actually killing someone.
What do you mean by this, exactly?
Dev's long been of the opinion that people don't die enough in ER, and he wants that for us.
I'm unsure if that's tied to why he tried to nuke Heph or not, which I really want to do more with, it's one of the more wasted RP opportunities in the game in my opinion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25897 on: December 26, 2015, 05:15:32 am »

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought of.  Linky for those who joined in the last two years.  And here's a picture of the fully-grown creature.

Unrelated, but in that thread, PW said that ER would end within one to four years--from December 2013.  ER's half life has already passed.  :(

I guess that means MMWW is closer, though.

Yeah, ER's inching ever closer to the end, which now seems it may have been sped up.

Also, I'm introducing a new die. The red "Reality Break" die which I will use for various reasons. It's coming in earlier than I expected.

I remember having a long irc conversation with pw about genetics and how to implement them into rtd format a long while back. Might have been for that thing.

radio betrayed club.

I did no such thing.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:20:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25898 on: December 26, 2015, 06:28:23 am »

ER has an ENDING?
I cannot possibly imagine that circumstance....
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25899 on: December 26, 2015, 01:08:20 pm »

ER has an ENDING?
I cannot possibly imagine that circumstance....
All things must eventually end.

*checks watch*

I'd give it another year or two.  At least till it gets to a good point for this to end this iteration.

I mean, whose to say there couldn't be a game in the same universe after this? Or before it?

Mad Max With Wizards.  First quote in my sig.  Something I've been looking forward to ever since that quote.
Here's my question to you: What would you want that to entail?

I'd prefer the airship one, with the living guns and stuff.
Doing it in the universe of that would be easy enough, though the mechanics might be a bit cumbersome.

As per Christmas:

1. Dev's Character's head explodes. Marry Christmas Dev, I grant you death.

2. This egg idea is pretty neat but I feel like having 45 new critters running around would cause some poor wiki gnome to consider pulling a Dev. Maybe someone can think of a good related alternative?

3.Random items and potions are fun and all, but we've done it before. At least I don't want to use the same generator twice...I am working on a new weapon generator...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25900 on: December 26, 2015, 01:17:13 pm »

3 pets, collective for everyone, can go on missions, but only 1 per mission. they are only somewhat obedient, but are actually useful in some way/shape/form. their modified suits include a radio relay/booster, a basic mapping system, and a customized modification for the pet itself. all three of them have the IVAN treatment.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25901 on: December 26, 2015, 01:18:01 pm »

Maybe not all of us get creatures, but give the option to the players to get a randomized or standard item, in addition?  Or some standard but Christmas items.  Space Santa and all.

@Lenglon:... But I want my own cute little eldritch abomination.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25902 on: December 26, 2015, 01:20:30 pm »

@Lenglon:... But I want my own cute little eldritch abomination.
Then ask for one. May got Piecewise the Lizard by asking the doc for a pet. Just go to one of the various groups of NPC allies on the ship (medbay, science lab, armory, Nyars) and ask for a pet.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25903 on: December 26, 2015, 01:30:20 pm »

And just after Dev and me made an agreement to have him killed after Miya could get to Hep. Welp, that's one thing done with.

This egg idea is pretty neat but I feel like having 45 new critters running around would cause some poor wiki gnome to consider pulling a Dev. Maybe someone can think of a good related alternative?

Maybe make eggs containing a randomly generated pet an armory item?

As for what to do, maybe a special christmas themed er talk? Ooh, do it in video form, with you wearing a santa hat and a beard.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25904 on: December 26, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »

As per Christmas:

1. Dev's Character's head explodes. Marry Christmas Dev, I grant you death.

2. This egg idea is pretty neat but I feel like having 45 new critters running around would cause some poor wiki gnome to consider pulling a Dev. Maybe someone can think of a good related alternative?

3.Random items and potions are fun and all, but we've done it before. At least I don't want to use the same generator twice...I am working on a new weapon generator...
You could always just allow everyone to get out of M25 and Limbo safe and sound, because now everyone is really just faffing about and doing not much at all there. Isn't the gift of life and freedom the greatest gift of all?

seriously now, as for actual gifts new random weapons could be nice. Though maybe give people something their character can actually use. Santa wouldn't give skeelers to a kid with no legs, would he?

Alternatively, a personalized artifact for everyone, that isn't all that powerful but has a cool/useful effect. Though making an artifact for every player is probably way too much work.

Other than that I don't really know. Some lore tidbits? Eggnog for everyone that got spiked by the Doc? Another ER talk?
Pages: 1 ... 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 ... 2205