Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1728 1729 [1730] 1731 1732 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2320021 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25935 on: December 26, 2015, 06:02:49 pm »

If Omega Legion continues to entertain, this subforum would be a nice place to call home. Or at least a small corner of the subforum. *a lone thread huddles for shelter beneath the awnings of a mighty mansion, haunted by the ghosts of worlds gone by, and games (not quite yet) lost to history.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #25936 on: December 26, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »

If Omega Legion continues to entertain, this subforum would be a nice place to call home. Or at least a small corner of the subforum. *a lone thread huddles for shelter beneath the awnings of a mighty mansion, haunted by the ghosts of worlds gone by, and games (not quite yet) lost to history.

Oi Ozarck, can you sum up the story so far for team 1 and 2? I'm sort of lost among all the action posts and their consequences.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25937 on: December 26, 2015, 06:54:50 pm »

Team 2 is going after an alchemist he's caused some kind of spill there's a lady who can transform and is currently naked and wearing a collar then theres a Guy who likes alcohol and the buttmonkey reggie who caused the boat to tip over people almost drowned their currently all on the shore.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 07:06:11 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25938 on: December 26, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »

Team 1 was teleported(?) into the bottom of a basement.  Everybody crowded towards the exit, making a bit of a pileup.  Unholy and I, who play a horrifying bugman and talking cat, respectively, broke through the door and terrified the resident humans.  They think we're demons, and now Unholy is fighting them.  I retreated downstairs.  Meanwhile, the flying drone and the pyromancer escaped outside, and are fighting thugs.  Downstairs, the feegle and wasps got themselves trapped in junk, but everyone's free now; the feegle joined the fight upstairs.

Team 2 was put into a boat on a lake.  They pretty much immediately sunk the boat, and either flew, swam, or walked to shore.  They brought crates of supplies, which carried Christmas presents for them.

Team 1's goal was to act as bouncers/keepers of the peace at an inn, during a festival.  Currently we're murdering the innkeepers.
Team 2's goal was to clean up an alchemical spill, and capture the alchemist who created it.  Currently they're busy sorting out who got what presents.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25939 on: December 26, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »

*Some of Team 1, not at all all of Team 1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #25940 on: December 26, 2015, 08:19:32 pm »

That's pretty much it. What do you guys think? Should we split the thread for clarity, or will that make things worse?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25941 on: December 26, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »

Do what you think is best just leave a link in the original and this thread.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25943 on: December 26, 2015, 08:23:32 pm »

im leaning towards splitting it, but thats because i hate pages upon pages of RP posts and we have two teams squawking at themselves simultaneously.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25944 on: December 26, 2015, 09:09:09 pm »

Yes, two threads befits two missions.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25945 on: December 26, 2015, 09:10:08 pm »

That's pretty much it. What do you guys think? Should we split the thread for clarity, or will that make things worse?
Splitting into mission threads and make the original the Base thread, sounds good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25946 on: December 26, 2015, 09:36:04 pm »

And just after Dev and me made an agreement to have him killed after Miya could get to Hep. Welp, that's one thing done with.

Eh, saves me reminding you.  And saves a couple more months.  Thank you for agreeing to do so.

Still though, two years.  Want pallets of free stuff, just ask for it.  Want to get killed?  Two years, waive your PC protection, and beg for it most of the time.

As for the slash-fic, go for it.  I eagerly await seeing Leng's head explode.

Oh, and Xan, if you really want to know, I'd be glad to talk it over with people.  I don't think I was exactly hiding his motivations, personally.  I'd be glad to talk it over with you privately if you care.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25947 on: December 26, 2015, 09:42:28 pm »

Some dead bodies.  Or something passed off as being dangerous actually killing someone.
What do you mean by this, exactly?

Mostly, Nuzillor, I feel like there is this interesting, wonderful setting out there, but all the interaction with it is one way.  The players inflict their will on things, the world never hits back.  Less conflict.  Less give-and-take.  The Haebi was fairly dangerous, but you've loosed a massive free-roaming planet eater on the galaxy?  No worries.  The UWM built up as an unstoppable enemy?  It collapses sight-unseen as a side effect from another mission.  Over and over again, there's this great writing, but none of it seems to matter, because as soon as something is encountered, it's destroyed like tissue paper.  I like my worlds more solid than that.  It means you've got to think, and you've got to scrape, and you've got to come up with interesting solutions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25948 on: December 26, 2015, 09:45:17 pm »

The arbiter of peace encounter was rather disappointing... only one permadeath, the team gets saved by Hand of God, pretty much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25949 on: December 26, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »

Yeeeah, I have to agree with Yoink there.  Frankly, green storm was altogether a terrible idea.

I don't agree with Dev, though.  Sure, you might be right, but it doesn't matter if everyone disagrees with you.  If everybody thinks there's danger, it doesn't matter if there is none.

Also, Leo's long life isn't evidence that people don't die.  You were kept on our most secure, safe planet, specifically defended to protect your life, and people specifically asked if you wanted Leo to die.  To which you answered "no".  Not to mention that Heph was extremely slow, and that you barely ever posted, so you kept yourself outside the reality bubble.  I won't argue that ER couldn't be more lethal, but you're not providing good evidence of it. 

Instead, why don't you harp on how nonlethal the nukestation mission was?  That, by all rights, should have killed everyone present.  Or how about you point out that Green Storm makes little sense and makes the game suffer?  That's a good one.
Pages: 1 ... 1728 1729 [1730] 1731 1732 ... 2205