Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2319375 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #25980 on: December 27, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

He's got +3 will, which could be turned into +4 if he bought a enhanced capacity mod with the tokens he has on hand.  He has unneutered sharkmist symbiosis, which is fleshwarping on a level even Xan couldn't reach, because it can warp/eat inorganics.  Also, note that unlike Xan, he is actually extremely skilled in his important stats.  His Mechanist gauntlet can remotely control suits, and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say it should be able to control anything that's standard in our armory.  Lastly, even after buying an enhanced cap, he would have 21 tokens to spend on whatever (assuming the people he's given loans to pay him back).

Furthermore, Milno was born lucky.  He's the most experienced person in ARM, and hasn't died even once.  He hasn't even taken any severe injuries, by our standards.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25981 on: December 27, 2015, 06:52:49 pm »

I honestly feel like this game is lethal enough. If you act like a dumbass, you very well may get your character killed, whereas if you play smart, you have a good chance of staying alive. I feel like that is a good balance. Making it more lehal may end up lessening the insentive to play smart, since your character is probably going to die anyways
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25982 on: December 27, 2015, 06:58:09 pm »

I honestly feel like this game is lethal enough. If you act like a dumbass, you very well may get your character killed, whereas if you play smart, you have a good chance of staying alive. I feel like that is a good balance. Making it more lehal may end up lessening the insentive to play smart, since your character is probably going to die anyways
Agreed. Also, something to note: Based on those statistics, if the whole 10 missions = freedom thing was still going on, even with how long the game has been going on and how many missions there have been, only 2 of the over a hundred characters would have been free at this point.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25983 on: December 27, 2015, 06:59:28 pm »

Actually, 0. They would have just been added to the collective that is Steve if I recall correctly.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25985 on: December 27, 2015, 07:02:52 pm »

Actually, 0. They would have just been added to the collective that is Steve if I recall correctly.

Unless they can do cool stuff aside from regular human things (which Milno could due to sharkmist), in which case he might have become a sarcastic janitor or some nonsense.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25986 on: December 27, 2015, 07:03:32 pm »

IIRC, Steve said they hadn't actually done that in a long time, even before the game started.  They started to stockpile those people for ARM.
Whoops. Didn't know, I wasn't around at that point.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25987 on: December 27, 2015, 07:04:25 pm »

Any tips on how you'd do it?
Overwhelming firepower. Preferably with lotsof space magic from a large distance. Getting him while he's out of his suit would be the best case scenario, since that would limit his mobility.

Personally I'd try to get a squad of skilled people + maybe a bunch of sods. Pan + Miyamoto + Flint + Lars, maybe throw Faith in there if we don't want it to become a complete sausagefest.

Though I think it's mostly a moot point for me personally. If I would have to attack Milno, It would be on Miya's orders, who would get the order from Steve, which means we've got access to lots of resources and his implant so we can shock him to death.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25988 on: December 27, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »

Tempt him into cheating on the AM.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25989 on: December 27, 2015, 07:09:47 pm »

Lyyyyyyyra :P

Or, for all I know, Xan.
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25990 on: December 27, 2015, 07:12:23 pm »

I kinda wonder how she'd react. Would she get angry and crush him like the puny mortal we all are to her. Or would she suddenly get all kawaii and run off crying into the arms of her oniichan, whoever that might be.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #25991 on: December 27, 2015, 07:13:59 pm »

Yes, Pan.  I'm sure you could take out Milno if you collected a squad of the most powerful people aside from him, along with a small army of disposable soldiers, and attacked him with the benefit of surprise.  Unless Milno has used the Mechanist gauntlet on his shock implant, in which case he could probably kill all of you AND prevent Steve from shocking him.

But you alone?  Nah,  you'd die, although you might win if you ambush him.

Those two newbies though?  They have no chance whatsoever.  Honestly, I feel like Milno could survive a gauss shot to the noggin, due to the sharkmist.

OH!  It just occurred to me--Milno is a ManBadgerShark now!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25992 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:45 pm »

-snip-
Yeah those two newbies are dead. No need to be patronizing about my plan to gather up a team of powerful people, the man asked how I'd do it and that's how I'd do it. Though I'm not sure he could kill that entire squad together if he disabled his shock implant. I mean, come on, one space mage, an avatar of war, two battlesuits and Faithzerker all at once?

Going in alone would be stupid, I agree. The only way that would work is getting him out of his suit by suprise and putting all of my space magic in one big all out attack, and even then I don't know what would happen since we've never actually used his sharkmist to full effect before.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25993 on: December 27, 2015, 07:41:57 pm »

After the defense of Hephaestus, during the assault on the UWM ships, Milno was badly injured, basically dead if I remember correctly, and the sharkmist ended up healing him enough to be effective, and then a couple more turns in, completely healed him. Unless you obliterate him, you are going to have a very hard time killing him.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #25994 on: December 27, 2015, 07:48:00 pm »

There's no reason to overcomplicate things. Surprise attack with a LESHO rifle. Problem solved.

If I survive the Hephaestus basement maze of mystery and have enough money, I'll get a LESHO rifle. Otherwise I'll get the Heavy Gauss Cannon.

Kinda wish people would help investigate. It would make the mission go more quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 1731 1732 [1733] 1734 1735 ... 2205